CNN Anchor: ‘Our Rights Do Not Come From God’

. If those so-called rights were given by a Supreme Being , how can they be taken away at will by an "inferior" man?

dear, as man discovered his rights there is no basis on which to assume he cant lose them? Much of civilization was lost during the dark ages, for example.

Do you understand now?
No, I don't understand what you are trying to say.

They don't come from God. They come from us. The only right that God grants is life. If he's in the mood.
The term creator is used essentially as a figurative. Lefty freedom-stiflers and otherwise fascists want to apply it to a specific ideological entity so they have leverage to bitch and deny rights.
What does what you posted have to do with what I posted?

Just be thankful that the Creator was in a good mood when He saw a pathetic wannabe human like you.

Jefferson used the word "creator" not god, and the constitution and BOR are silent on the issue. It's pretty well settled that the Founders believe people were BORN with some personal rights that govt should not be able to unreasonably infringe, so they created a govt to allow people to exercise those rights.
So essentially what your are saying is that these rights are government granted, and have nothing to do with a disinterested Diety.

I'm often asked why I cite the Moderator of this very Site who recently noted:

THERE ARE NO LEFTIST AMERICANS!

Mods are allowed their own independent viewpoints on the issues discussed in the forum. The fact that he is a mod should not be part of the presentation since you're not arguing that mods should not be here to have independent viewpoints.

If "Repub Jesus" gave rights to the people, why did the government kill him?

because the liberal govt did not want the people to have rights
You dumb fuck, it was the radicals in the American Colonies that established those rights in the Bill of Rights. They are not God given, or we would have had them before then. They are the gift of a free people exercising their powers as free people to enforce these rights against those that would take them for financial gain or political power.

Jefferson used the word "creator" not god, and the constitution and BOR are silent on the issue. It's pretty well settled that the Founders believe people were BORN with some personal rights that govt should not be able to unreasonably infringe, so they created a govt to allow people to exercise those rights.
He used the term Creator, uppercase C. He also refers to divine Providence and Supreme Judge, other names for God.

People can exercise their rights with or without a central government. That government was not created to allow the people to do anything, but to conduct the business of the United States. And the Constitution says nothing about unreasonable infringements.

Lol as good as freedom of speech is, it was created by man and only man.

you have to tell us why you think that if you have any idea.
I guess I don't get why it isn't obvious. I mean even if you believe the Bible came from God (which I don't at all), there is no mention of the right in there. Hell, I can think of some stuff in there that contradicts freedom of speech anyway lol

Well, I can tell you. Because it has only existed when free men were willing to die to prevent the dictators, whether of the financial world or political world, from preventing free speech. God has never been shown to give a damn about free speech. Otherwise, that would have be the rule, rather than the exception before it was codified in our Constitution, and then copied in many other nations.

You dumb fuck, it was the radicals in the American Colonies that established those rights in the Bill of Rights. They are not God given, or we would have had them before then. They are the gift of a free people exercising their powers as free people to enforce these rights against those that would take them for financial gain or political power.

Oh my the far left drones and their comments!

What religion did many of the founding fathers believe in?

I guess I don't get why it isn't obvious. I mean even if you believe the Bible came from God (which I don't at all), there is no mention of the right in there. Hell, I can think of some stuff in there that contradicts freedom of speech anyway lol

The bible, like the Constitution, was written by man.

But if we follow what this far left drone suggests, then we should not follow either!

Explains why the far left loves Obama!

The bible, like the Constitution, was written by man.

But if we follow what this far left drone suggests, then we should not follow either!

Explains why the far left loves Obama!
Oh right because Obama ever got in the way of free speech.

Oh my the far left drones and their comments!

What religion did many of the founding fathers believe in?
Some of the founding fathers thought the bible was bullshit.

No one established those rights. The "radicals" wrote the Bill of Rights in order to preserve them.

And who was this "gift" from?

Forum List

Back