Co-Opting Christianity

Another thread of PC cut and paste "quotes" that like others, belongs in the Conspiracy Theory section.

10. The value of persuading the clergy to support Leftism is that it disguises the secular totalitarian views in drapes same in moral trappings. And no one recognizes the value of that better than George Soros.

a. "Last year Jim Wallis encountered a barrage of criticism when WORLD reported that his religious left organization, Sojourners, took $325,000 from the world's most notorious billionaire, pro-abortion atheist George Soros . Wallis confirmed that Soros' Open Society Foundation has just given Sojourners $150,000 more. Sojourners is a useful tool in reducing evangelical support for conservatives. Others have grander motives: Soros himself has stated, "The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States."
Soros gives money to Wallis to promote the political views they share.
WORLD There he goes again Marvin Olasky Oct. 22 2011

b. " George Soros, one of the leading billionaire leftists-he has financed groups promoting abortion, atheism, same-sex marriage, and gargantuan government-bankrolled Sojourners with a $200,000 grant in 2004. ... Since then Sojourners has received at least two more grants from Soros organizations. Sojourners revenues have more than tripled-from $1,601,171 in 2001-2002 to $5,283,650 in 2008-2009-as secular leftists have learned to use the religious left to elect Obama and others." WORLD Let s admit who we are Marvin Olasky July 17 2010

Birds of a feather.....

11. The Left's plan of attack on American values by way of co-opting the churches echoes an earlier Leftist campaign.

"....the Kremlin's plan for the Soviet "church."

· Infiltrate church institutions.

· Adapt the Communist social campaign to America's unique beliefs, wants, and values.

· Concentrate on seminaries where each new convert learns to influence thousands.

· Divert the heart and purposes of the Church from the spiritual to the material.

· Demonstrate tolerance toward beliefs and values that clash with God's Words." Conspiracies -- Part 3 Transforming the World by Subverting the Church

The thing that the conservatives that are radical can't get past is that the bible preaches nothing but helping the poor. And that is something that all conservatives struggle mightily with. It goes against their minds yet is part of their religion.

The thing that the conservatives that are radical can't get past is that the bible preaches nothing but helping the poor. And that is something that all conservatives struggle mightily with. It goes against their minds yet is part of their religion.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat."
2 Thessalonians 3:10

12. And from the Kremlin's plan, to Saul Alinsky.....hardly any different.

a. ""True revolutionaries do not flaunt their radicalism, Alinsky taught. They cut their hair, put on suits and infiltrate the system from within. Alinsky viewed revolution as a slow, patient process. The trick was to penetrate existing institutions such as churches, unions and political parties...."

Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky - Quotes and Excerpts

b. "The tenth rule... is you do what you can with what you have and clothe it with moral garments.... It involves sifting the multiple factors which combine in creating the circumstances at any given time... Who, and how many will support the action?... If weapons are needed, then are appropriate d weapons available? Availability of means determines whether you will be underground or above ground; whether you will move quickly or slowly..."p.36
Saul Alinsky s Rules for Radicals

c. 'Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins—or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom—Lucifer.' —SAUL ALINSKY

d. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity."
Alinsky, "Rules For Radicals"

"Two of his most notable modern-day disciples are Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama."
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualprofile.asp?indid=2314

"No, but religious institutions are a collective entity, much like govt."
Not so.
That's why the OP specifically refers to mainline Protestant churches.
" If you are dependent on the workers to support you, you find the justification, & pick the ideology that frames it best. If they buy it, you're covered. If not, you have to try something else."
Nope.
  1. The percentage of Americans who attend and belong to a church has remained constant for over 70 years. But predominantly liberal mainline Protestant denominations have lost members for over 50 years. “From 1960 to 1988, mainline church membership declined from 31 million to 25 million, then fell to 21 million in 2005.[6][7]Today, they are a minority among American Protestants, claiming approximately 15 percent of American adults among their adherents.[8]Mainline Protestant - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
  2. Could it be that their elite’s rejection of traditional beliefs and embrace of the Gospel of “social justice” has something to do with it? Another coincidence: the shift to the left started right around the time the Progressive era was getting into full swing.
1. Of course 'religious institutions' are a collective entity. Even if they have an authoritarian structure, they are a 'club' of people. They are not free standing edifices devoid of humanity. It doesn't matter if they are protestant, catholic, muslim, hindu, secular humanist, or mormon. They are a collective of people, pooling their resources for some social goal.
2. Your second 'rebuttal' has nothing to do with my statement. I was talking about religious professionals being beholden to their supporters, which they are. Some can bite the hand that feeds them, but most who depend on others for their livelihood are more measured & tactful, & will not kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

"No, but religious institutions are a collective entity, much like govt."
Not so.
That's why the OP specifically refers to mainline Protestant churches.
" If you are dependent on the workers to support you, you find the justification, & pick the ideology that frames it best. If they buy it, you're covered. If not, you have to try something else."
Nope.
  1. The percentage of Americans who attend and belong to a church has remained constant for over 70 years. But predominantly liberal mainline Protestant denominations have lost members for over 50 years. “From 1960 to 1988, mainline church membership declined from 31 million to 25 million, then fell to 21 million in 2005.[6][7]Today, they are a minority among American Protestants, claiming approximately 15 percent of American adults among their adherents.[8]Mainline Protestant - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
  2. Could it be that their elite’s rejection of traditional beliefs and embrace of the Gospel of “social justice” has something to do with it? Another coincidence: the shift to the left started right around the time the Progressive era was getting into full swing.
1. Of course 'religious institutions' are a collective entity. Even if they have an authoritarian structure, they are a 'club' of people. They are not free standing edifices devoid of humanity. It doesn't matter if they are protestant, catholic, muslim, hindu, secular humanist, or mormon. They are a collective of people, pooling their resources for some social goal.
2. Your second 'rebuttal' has nothing to do with my statement. I was talking about religious professionals being beholden to their supporters, which they are. Some can bite the hand that feeds them, but most who depend on others for their livelihood are more measured & tactful, & will not kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

"It doesn't matter if they are protestant, catholic, muslim, hindu, secular humanist, or mormon."

Truly the statement of an imbecile.

I can't imagine why you didn't include Wickens, Druids, animists, Satanists, Haitian Vodou, etc.

There are many and significant differences between the various religions.

"It doesn't matter if they are protestant, catholic, muslim, hindu, secular humanist, or mormon."

I can't imagine why you didn't include Wickens, Druids, animists, Satanists, Haitian Vodou, etc.
I'm not sure why you feel compelled to alienate someone who probably agrees with you more than disagrees. I was responding to point of reason, & you have responded unreasonably. I think i will bow out of this 'discussion' now.

I'm not sure why you feel compelled to alienate someone who probably agrees with you more than disagrees. I was responding to point of reason, & you have responded unreasonably. I think i will bow out of this 'discussion' now.

Well.....it seems that you find that my people skills need work...

My people skills are fine, it's my tolerance for erroneous and stupid statements that needs work.

Forebearance is not one of my gifts....

Well.....it seems that you find that my people skills need work...

My people skills are fine, it's my tolerance for erroneous and stupid statements that needs work.

Forebearance is not one of my gifts....
I would say logic & following the discussion is the thing that needs work. I was not talking about comparative religion, but the fact that religions are a collective entity. But if you are not willing to read back & follow my post as it was written & intended, i have no desire to try to keep correcting you & bringing it back on topic. I can handle flawed personalities, as long as they follow reason, but i cannot 'reason' with moving goalposts.

Of course anyone who has read the Bible knows that Christianity was originally leftist:

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common."
-- Acts 4:32

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."
-- Luke 14:26

Unless one disbelieves the Bible, and practices some co-opted form of the religion, that is. :eusa_naughty:

1. Could it be that their elite’s rejection of traditional beliefs and embrace of the Gospel of “social justice” has something to do with it? Another coincidence: the shift to the left started right around the time the Progressive era was getting into full swing.

It's possible. It's also possible that some people just dislike their church's stance on things like gays or the constant pleading for money or kids of the 70s who were more spiritual and less religious are now adults and don't necessarily NEED the church to feel close to God.

Of course anyone who has read the Bible knows that Christianity was originally leftist:

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common."

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."

Unless one disbelieves the Bible, and practices some co-opted form of the religion, that is. :eusa_naughty:

So....you accept the truth of the Bible?

Ecclesiastes 10:2 The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

And this warning about Liberals:

Romans 1: 28
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them overto a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love,no mercy.32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death,they not only continue to do these very things but also approveof those who practice them.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them overto a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love,no mercy.32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death,they not only continue to do these very things but also approveof those who practice them.

What happens to those arrogant and boastful people?

It'll be interesting to find out......

1. 'The White House takes pride in the fact that Obama’s PDB is “not briefed to him” – because, they say, he is “among the most sophisticated consumers of intelligence on the planet.” That hubris brings to mind this revealing quote from a September 2008 New York Times profile of Obama:

“I think that I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters,” Mr. Obama told Patrick Gaspard, his political director, at the start of the 2008 campaign, according to The New Yorker. “I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m going to think I’m a better political director than my political director.”

So it should come as no surprise that apparently Barack Obama thinks he’s a better intelligence briefer than his intelligence briefers.'
Obama I m a better intelligence briefer than my intelligence briefers - AEI Foreign and Defense Policy Blog AEIdeas

2. "Obama Compares His Actions to Washington, Lincoln, FDR
"That was true for George Washington, that was true for Abraham Lincoln, that was true for FDR. That's been true of every combat situation, that at some point, you make sure that you try to get your folks back. And that's the right thing to do."

Speaking in Poland, Obama said it doesn't matter how Bergdahl ended up with the Taliban:
Obama Compares His Actions to Washington Lincoln FDR

3. "Obama: I'll put my record up against any president
President Obama is casting his record in historical terms.

"I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president -- with the possible exceptions of Johnson, FDR, and Lincoln -- just in terms of what we've done in modern history," Obama told60 Minutesinan interview this month."
Obama I ll put my record up against any president

4. " Good Grief. Obama Compares Himself to Lincoln, Reagan, FDR and Now Martin Luther King Jr.
Posted by Jim Hoft on Saturday, August 13, 2011, 11:35 AM
Barack Obama played the victim card and compared himself to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at a fundraiser in Manhattan last night.

“When I ran in 2008, I think that a lot of folks believed we elect Obama and suddenly we’re going to fix politics in Washington,” Obama said. “And Andrew is familiar with this, because everybody figures, well, we’re going to fix politics in Albany.”

“And then it turns out that there are a lot of bad habits that have been built up over time, and we’re also a big, diverse country and not everybody agrees with me; not everybody agrees with the folks who live in Manhattan,” he said, drawing laughter from the rich celebrities that filled the room. “West of here,” he said. “You guys may not be familiar with it.”

…Before leaving,Obama likened himself to one more figure. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“I think that we forget when he was alive there was nobody who was more vilified, nobody who was more controversial, nobody who was more despairing at times,”he said.

Vilified?Really? We’ve never seen a president get such an obvious pass from the leftwing media in the history of this country.
That’s just nuts.

This is just more proof that the Narcissist in Chief takes no responsibility for his failed policies that have caused the American economy to tank."
Good Grief. Obama Compares Himself to Lincoln Reagan FDR and Now Martin Luther King Jr. The Gateway Pundit

5. "Obama Compares Himself To Reagan, JFK...But Not Bill Clinton
But perhaps the most interesting offering was when he tried to place his candidacy into a historical context. Which elections does Obama see as analogous to 2008? And with which presidents does he share personal similarities? That would be John Kennedy in 1960 (hardly surprising) and Ronald Reagan in 1980 (more daring). But not, it should be noted, Bill Clinton in 1992."
Obama Compares Himself To Reagan JFK...But Not Bill Clinton

6. "‘I,’ ‘Me,’ ‘My’—Obama Uses First Person Singular 91 Times in Speech on Immigration
Obama’s speech, according to the White House transcript, was approximately 4,200 words and lasted 33 minutes. That means that on average Obama used the first person singular every 46 words—or every 22 seconds.

President Abraham Lincoln’s Second Inaugural Address, in which he presented his understanding of the moral significance of the Civil War, was only 696 words long. In that speech, Lincoln used the first person singular once."
I Me My Obama Uses First Person Singular 91 Times in Speech on Immigration

1. 'The White House takes pride in the fact that Obama’s PDB is “not briefed to him” – because, they say, he is “among the most sophisticated consumers of intelligence on the planet.” That hubris brings to mind this revealing quote from a September 2008 New York Times profile of Obama:

“I think that I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters,” Mr. Obama told Patrick Gaspard, his political director, at the start of the 2008 campaign, according to The New Yorker. “I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m going to think I’m a better political director than my political director.”

So it should come as no surprise that apparently Barack Obama thinks he’s a better intelligence briefer than his intelligence briefers.'
Obama I m a better intelligence briefer than my intelligence briefers - AEI Foreign and Defense Policy Blog AEIdeas

"That was true for George Washington, that was true for Abraham Lincoln, that was true for FDR. That's been true of every combat situation, that at some point, you make sure that you try to get your folks back. And that's the right thing to do."

Speaking in Poland, Obama said it doesn't matter how Bergdahl ended up with the Taliban:

"I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president -- with the possible exceptions of Johnson, FDR, and Lincoln -- just in terms of what we've done in modern history," Obama told60 Minutesinan interview this month."

4. " Good Grief. Obama Compares Himself to Lincoln, Reagan, FDR and Now Martin Luther King Jr.
Barack Obama played the victim card and compared himself to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at a fundraiser in Manhattan last night.

“When I ran in 2008, I think that a lot of folks believed we elect Obama and suddenly we’re going to fix politics in Washington,” Obama said. “And Andrew is familiar with this, because everybody figures, well, we’re going to fix politics in Albany.”

“And then it turns out that there are a lot of bad habits that have been built up over time, and we’re also a big, diverse country and not everybody agrees with me; not everybody agrees with the folks who live in Manhattan,” he said, drawing laughter from the rich celebrities that filled the room. “West of here,” he said. “You guys may not be familiar with it.”

…Before leaving,Obama likened himself to one more figure. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“I think that we forget when he was alive there was nobody who was more vilified, nobody who was more controversial, nobody who was more despairing at times,”he said.

Vilified?Really? We’ve never seen a president get such an obvious pass from the leftwing media in the history of this country.
That’s just nuts.

This is just more proof that the Narcissist in Chief takes no responsibility for his failed policies that have caused the American economy to tank."
Good Grief. Obama Compares Himself to Lincoln Reagan FDR and Now Martin Luther King Jr. The Gateway Pundit

But perhaps the most interesting offering was when he tried to place his candidacy into a historical context. Which elections does Obama see as analogous to 2008? And with which presidents does he share personal similarities? That would be John Kennedy in 1960 (hardly surprising) and Ronald Reagan in 1980 (more daring). But not, it should be noted, Bill Clinton in 1992."

6. "‘I,’ ‘Me,’ ‘My’—Obama Uses First Person Singular 91 Times in Speech on Immigration
Obama’s speech, according to the White House transcript, was approximately 4,200 words and lasted 33 minutes. That means that on average Obama used the first person singular every 46 words—or every 22 seconds.

President Abraham Lincoln’s Second Inaugural Address, in which he presented his understanding of the moral significance of the Civil War, was only 696 words long. In that speech, Lincoln used the first person singular once."

The self thread-jack, eh :rolleyes:

That’s just nuts.

Liberals never like it when they get smacked in the kisser...as my appropriate response did to you.

More where that came from.

That’s just nuts.

Liberals never like it when they get smacked in the kisser...as my appropriate response did to you.

Why would this concern me? I'm not a Christian. I'm also not the most arrogant person in this discussion thread :poke:

That’s just nuts.

Why would this concern me? I'm not a Christian. I'm also not the most arrogant person in this discussion thread :poke:

Why?

Because you are a Liberal, and because you made the mistake of posting this:
"The self thread-jack, eh "

Forum List

Back