Coal Country Picked Trump. Now, They Want Him To Keep His Promises

Nonsense. Environmentalists bleated emotional garbage and liberals all farted in unison.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
^ typical Trump voter when asked how coal will make a comeback in a country with no demand for it.

energy_consumption_by_source_2015-large.jpg

16% of the world's largest economy is hardly "no demand".

looks like they are going to get a wake up call on being conned

From West Virginia to Wyoming, coal country overwhelmingly voted for Donald Trump and his message that he will bring coal jobs back. Now, those same voters are eyeing his incoming administration closely, careful to see if he will keep his promises to revive the coal industry and get miners back to work.

These hopes have become increasingly desperate as the industry has floundered. U.S. coal production in 2016 is projected to be at its lowest level since 1978, and over the past few years, the country has lost about 30,000 coal jobs.

Trump blew sunshine up their asses and now they are shocked that he can't deliver

The U.S. is now pumping out a record amount of oil. Yay more jobs right?! Can anyone raise their hand and tell me how many jobs cheap oil creates in the oil industry?

US-jobs-Jan15.png
Nice chart. Can you show us one that includes the collapse in oil prices since 2012 that all but destroyed U.S. fracking?

Looks like we are down 16% from the peak in 2014.

Still a shit load of jobs, and plenty of room for that to go back up when prices rise again.

U.S. oil, gas industry sheds 100,000 jobs in slump: Kemp
Tens of thousands more lost since that article was written.

Now tell us how massively increasing the energy supply will raise oil prices?

Nonsense. Environmentalists bleated emotional garbage and liberals all farted in unison.

^ typical Trump voter when asked how coal will make a comeback in a country with no demand for it.

You just posted an article about how prices are too low because demand is too low genius. Leading to over 100,000 jobs lost. Time to tag someone else in. You're barely able to stand.

Coal is by far the cheapest, most abundant, available and easily obtained fuel source. Trump will remove tens of billions in regulations allowing the market to choose which source is used to provide energy.

Nothing. It's the price that is affected.
When the price collapses because of bunch of coal is being mined that nobody wants or needs, what will happen to the coal jobs?

Do you believe that Trump will massively subsidize the coal industry wih federal funding to create unneeded coal jobs?

it will get sent over seas and help

lower our trade deficit
Oh okay. Did you know that India and China are behind overseas demand spikes for coal, and did you know that they absolutely do not need our coal at all because they have massive amounts if their own? But maybe Trump will get lucky and they will elect globalists who want to pay more for our coal.

blah blah blah

you like talkin out your ass
No rebuttal of course. Because you know I'm right.

no because you are full of bs

the iea sees global supply increasing at an average rate of 6% through 2020

Coal is by far the cheapest, most abundant, available and easily obtained fuel source. Trump will remove tens of billions in regulations allowing the market to choose which source is used to provide energy.

Coal is dirty, difficult to transport and not in demand

Tell Trump to ban fracking and he will help the future of coal. But we know where his backing is

From West Virginia to Wyoming, coal country overwhelmingly voted for Donald Trump and his message that he will bring coal jobs back. Now, those same voters are eyeing his incoming administration closely, careful to see if he will keep his promises to revive the coal industry and get miners back to work.

These hopes have become increasingly desperate as the industry has floundered. U.S. coal production in 2016 is projected to be at its lowest level since 1978, and over the past few years, the country has lost about 30,000 coal jobs.

Trump blew sunshine up their asses and now they are shocked that he can't deliver

Still 18 days until he is actually IN OFFICE.

Still 18 days until he is actually IN OFFICE.

That is when his bills become due

Trump to coal country.......The check is in the mail

So Trump will sacrifice natural gas and oil jobs to bring back jobs for an energy source for which there is currently no demand? :lmao:

When the price collapses because of bunch of coal is being mined that nobody wants or needs, what will happen to the coal jobs?

Do you believe that Trump will massively subsidize the coal industry wih federal funding to create unneeded coal jobs?

lower our trade deficit
Oh okay. Did you know that India and China are behind overseas demand spikes for coal, and did you know that they absolutely do not need our coal at all because they have massive amounts if their own? But maybe Trump will get lucky and they will elect globalists who want to pay more for our coal.

blah blah blah

Okay. Did you hide a point in there somewhere?

lower our trade deficit

blah blah blah

Okay. Did you hide a point in there somewhere?

coal is not going away

anytime soon

You just posted an article about how prices are too low because demand is too low genius. Leading to over 100,000 jobs lost. Time to tag someone else in. You're barely able to stand.

You are all over the place. Coal is a major industry, that lefties like Obama and Hillary wanted to kill for ideological reasons.

THe lefty pretense that the industry is dead or dying is not borne out by the numbers.

IMO, it is likely that a significant portion of the drop is due to government hostility that is now going to be removed.

The drop caused by the gas glut is almost certainly temporary and will be reversed at some point as gas prices rebound.

Forum List

Back