Coke is raising soda prices because of aluminum tariffs

Whatever cuck, I got $10 says you're not a cracker.

What exactly is a "cracker" so I can tell you if I am one or not

If you have to ask, you ain't one. 'Nuff said.

I guess that is a good thing then. Not sure I want to be in the same "class" as a racist like you.

I see, so you do not subscribe to the "All men are created equal" concept that America was founded upon.

Quite telling, that. So were there Marxist professors @ UF, or what? Or did you seek out teh Marxism on your own?

Ask me how I know you went there 15 years or less ago?

If all men are created equal, then we are all crackers. You are the one dividing people, not me. You are the statist, not me.

No.

I guess that is a good thing then. Not sure I want to be in the same "class" as a racist like you.

I see, so you do not subscribe to the "All men are created equal" concept that America was founded upon.

Quite telling, that. So were there Marxist professors @ UF, or what? Or did you seek out teh Marxism on your own?

If all men are created equal, then we are all crackers. You are the one dividing people, not me. You are the statist, not me.

No.

:21::21:

The truth hurts my little statist buddy

He is a big government racist?

Sounds about right.

Domestic aluminum would be nice for Coke to use.
That's what I thought this was supposed to all be about, too. But I was wrong. If you look at steel as an example, US steel has raised its prices to match the tariffed imports, so there is no competitive edge. Just US Steel making more $$. And every consumer paying for it.

I saw a senate committee hearing with Lighthizer yesterday. The senator from Tennessee, whose Dad managed an aluminum mill back in the day, pointed out that the reason the US doesn't produce more aluminum is that the cost of electricity (you have to send electricity through bauxite to produce aluminum) is too prohibitively expensive, so a 10% tariff isn't going to make any difference at all. Except to raise consumer prices.
This also increases costs to those who import aluminum to the US, bringing their costs in line with ours.

Of course, we could drop the tariffs and go back to relying on the cheap and subsidized labor of foreign markets to the detriment of our own labor force.
Canada has cheap and subsidized labor? (that is who supplied the largest % of our aluminum)
It isn't just aluminum, but steel as well.

In fact, in many ways, Canada does have subsidized labor. Companies in Canada don't have the costs that American companies have because the Canadian government provides many costs that companies in the US provide. In the case of Canada, they have less freedom for more taxes and the companies don't have the tool of benefits to recruit the best labor force.

The US companies use these as incentives to attract the very best but there are costs associated with it.

Regardless, foreign nations place many tariffs and trade barriers against the US so that they can expand their economy by exporting a commodity to America. The product or commodity is cheap to us, but they are making a good profit from it and have access to the worlds largest market.

That has always been a vital key to business. It doesn't matter how good your product is if there is no market for it. We provide a huge market at our economic scale, while they produce products at their much lower economic scale.

It screws American labor over big time.

Gator grad here.

UF is left as fuck...I was there during the early Spurrier years. Love that guy.

You were there well after I was, I was there for the "give em hell Pell" years! Those were lean years but the campus rocked. Robin Williams for Gator Growl, Wendy o Williams and the Plasmatics playing the Halloween Festival. She did some naughty things with the microphone!

Tariffs are big government and he favors tariffs, so it seems so

Gator grad here.

UF is left as fuck...I was there during the early Spurrier years. Love that guy.

You were there well after I was, I was there for the "give em hell Pell" years! Those were lean years but the campus rocked. Robin Williams for Gator Growl, Wendy o Williams and the Plasmatics playing the Halloween Festival. She did some naughty things with the microphone!

My first Growl was 1986. I was there for Emmitt, through Spurriers first 2 years. I was living near the law school during the murders.

It’s amazing how almost no current students know about the murders.

My parents were there while Spurs was QB.

Except they do work as a deterrent for countries taking advantage of us. Remember when you said soybean farmers were all going to die? They're not. The objective is 0 tariffs. Let the product speak for itself.
Trump 2020 because there are still more lopsided Obama deals to get rid of...

American steel had a 70 percent market share. No one is being taken advantage of.

'America's favorite soda is the latest victim of the Trump administration's tariffs.
Coca-Cola (CCE) has hiked prices on its carbonated drinks because the recently enacted 10% tariff on imported aluminum has made Coke cans more expensive to produce.

CEO James Quincey admitted on the company's earnings call Wednesday that the hike was "disruptive" but necessary.

"Obviously, while [customers] may understand the cost pressures that are out there on freight, on the increases in steel and aluminum and other input costs that affect the bottling system and affects some of our finished products, clearly, these conversations are difficult," he said on the call.'

Sure, it's only going to be a small rise...but this is what tariffs do. They make things more expensive without making the product the slightest bit better.
So the consumer loses.

And again, forget lots of long term jobs. No corporation is going to built a huge, new plant for increased production JUST for a tariff that could end any day.

Trade wars have NEVER worked. Most economists/CEO's know this...unfortunately, Trump doesn't.

This will save the liberals imposing soda taxes for health reasons.

Opinion | The Case for the Health Taxes

'America's favorite soda is the latest victim of the Trump administration's tariffs.
Coca-Cola (CCE) has hiked prices on its carbonated drinks because the recently enacted 10% tariff on imported aluminum has made Coke cans more expensive to produce.

CEO James Quincey admitted on the company's earnings call Wednesday that the hike was "disruptive" but necessary.

"Obviously, while [customers] may understand the cost pressures that are out there on freight, on the increases in steel and aluminum and other input costs that affect the bottling system and affects some of our finished products, clearly, these conversations are difficult," he said on the call.'

Sure, it's only going to be a small rise...but this is what tariffs do. They make things more expensive without making the product the slightest bit better.
So the consumer loses.

And again, forget lots of long term jobs. No corporation is going to built a huge, new plant for increased production JUST for a tariff that could end any day.

Trade wars have NEVER worked. Most economists/CEO's know this...unfortunately, Trump doesn't.

Thanks for the laugh. Trump just got the head of the Europeon Union to work towards zero tariffs.

Now what was that about them not working, again?

Some vaguely worded document means nothing.

So the consumer loses.

The tariff increases the cost of producing a can of coke by $0.001 there is probably only $0.01 worth of aluminum in the entire can.

So the consumer loses.

I think I can cover the spread on the coke price increase.

I could use a couple short lines about right now. Left at 445 AM on the tractor and just rolled in 3;59 . What's all this talk of aluminum ? You people actually put that SHIT in your system ?

So the consumer loses.

Soda is bad for people anyways. Look at it as a way to make people healthier! :D

Liberals are all for taxing the hell out of soda drinkers but an aluminum can price increase pisses them off.

Too funny.

When you read the link it seems that Coke didn't raise prices after all. The company authorized retail outlets to raise prices that have yet to be determined. It's likely that retail outlets that are in competition won't raise prices at all. When you factor in the benefit to American factories and mining concerns, a couple of pennies more on a drink that might rot your guts out is chump change.

So the consumer loses.

Corporations and rich people made hundreds of thousands of dollars to billions on trumps tax breaks, depending on how rich they are. It’s caused inflation so they raise prices which take away any break you got.

Trumps tariffs raising prices. His immigration policies not raising wages enough. Gap between rich and poor getting bigger

So the consumer loses.

If foreign products are taxpayer subsidized and the same domestic product is not, the consumer and the workers lose as well.

Tariffs are a way of leveling the global trade playing field.

I for one will be glad to pay $0.04 per soda if it means the end of unfair trade practices against American workers.

Forum List

Back