Collective bargaining "rights"??

A republic is a type of democracy under the definitions of the words.

You are confusing direct or pure democracy with Democracy
And splitting hairs is not permitted here.
The United States type of government is defined as a representative republic.
The only connection this country has to democracy is majority rule.

How long will that take?

How many months will there be no schools functioning?

So are the teachers for the kids or the money? If they are for the kids they will teach.

This is not just about teachers you idiot.

Its about teachers and all Americans.

Its about the right to have some control over what happens to your life.

You know those old fashioned ideas of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

nice try....:clap2:
Really?!!!!!
Each of us does indeed have some control over our lives. We do not need a collective to attain that for us.
Each of those public employees in Wisconsin has the freedom to determine their career path. They are in no way beholden to government employment.
THAT is their right to life liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Now, teachers in these union states love to shout how they do what they do for the kids and the love of the job. God forbid anyone messes with their precious benefits and pensions. The second that happens( like right now) then it becomes about THEM...
Don't hand us this shit.

The bottom line is people who have agreed to what they have now, want to turn their backs on what they gave their words on.

But I got to tell you right now that just like the shut down of the govt by republicans would cause a devatation to this country, the shut down by public employees would do the same. Most of the big mouths on this site don't have a clue at what it takes to do a days work at labor, they live off making money off of others hard work.

It seems to be a big problem with those who have it made in life that ordinary hard working people actually have the ability to feed their families, provide them with a place to live and and have the ability to provide health care.

Somehow people think that people who took less in wages over the years to be guarenteed healt and welfare issues should all of a sudden have those taken away from them, and be told that you now have to start paying for what you gave up.

Were going to take back what you have and give you nothing in return for what you gave up to get it. Sounds like a real winner for one side of our country.

What you jerks can't understand is people gave up things to get benefits guarenteed by their employers. And telling people they must pay 12% of this and 8% of this only means one thing, your decreading their pay.

Now hear this.....EVERYONE...Including government employees MUST make sacrifices.
Those of us in the private sector have already seen our pay "cut" to fund our health insurance premiums, our pay "cut" to pay additional property taxes to fund the wages and benefits of PUBLIC WORKERS....
SO who the fuck are you trying to kid here....
Until now most public employees from the union states have made NONE of the sacrifices made by the very people who fund their wages and benefits. Time for the public sector to pay their fair share and accept responsibility for their part in driving up costs to taxpayers...
Oh and those things you claim are part of a deal that should be honored?...Look, there's no more money that can be extracted from the taxpayers to sustain it...So no, if there's no more money, there's no more money. Too bad. It is what it is.

I've consistantly said the right to form Unions is enshrined in the first amendment, that however does not equate to anyone else having to negotiate with them, or if they do choose to negotiate with them to agree to negotiate on every point the union wants to.

That's an interesting opinion, but that's all it is - an opinion.
LOL... no "braniac" its what is. No-one can be compelled to negotiate with anyone let a lone a labor union.

Wassamatta?....can't find an article or amendment banning collective bargaining in the Constitution? Have you even read the doc, or just going on what Ailes or Limbaugh tolja?
Once again, find anywhere where i've claimed it does... ooops, not gonna be able to.

If collective bargaining is such an obviously unfounded right, why has it survived since the inception of unions? Don't you get it? - collective bargaining is the main reason to organize into a union to begin with, dullard.

wow
dullard? Thats funny coming from someone who's so wrong. You can form any union you want, that is not at issue. You can form it for the express purpose of collective bargaining, it is you're right, also not at issue. What you can't do is compel anyione else to bargain with you. You can strike, picket, protest and do any number of things to attempt to coerce them into doing so, but the bottom line is if they don't want to negotiate with you, they don't have to. Go find anywhere in the constituion where it says anyone MUST bargain with a collective. ooops, it doesn't.

:lol:

I love it when people point to what isn't in the Constitution as their argument.

When did unions get the right to compel others to negotiate with them?

oh... right. They didn't.

Which articles of or amendments to the US Constitution ban labor unions?

Go for it, brainiac.

The Constitution protects individual rights. Unions are not for individual rights they vote for what the majority wants.

This is nothing but a political attack. The unions that support Walker are protected by Walker. Now let's hear again about how this is for the budget of WI

The above is the new talking point meme going around.

I think Walker explained all that, the OTHER Unions were working with him, the teachers unions WON'T.

I like the WI DEMS "unique" filibusterer. I think it's hilarious that the best the cons on here can do is call them "pussies".

I also think it's laughable that the governor sent the state police after them.

What can they legally be arrested/detained for? Walker better hope make sure that doesn't happen as it is a clear abuse of power and a violation of the law.

How about not showing up for work when they are being paid by the taxpayer. You know that money that all liberals voluntarily gives every year because they feel government knows how to spend money better than them. Oh wait thats not what tax dollars are.

Is that an illegal activity?
For school teachers in WI? yes, in fact it is unlawful as it breaches their CURRENT employment contract. Not entirely sure, but I believe WI also has legal prohibitions against civil servants striking.

I like the WI DEMS "unique" filibusterer. I think it's hilarious that the best the cons on here can do is call them "pussies".

I also think it's laughable that the governor sent the state police after them.

What can they legally be arrested/detained for? Walker better hope make sure that doesn't happen as it is a clear abuse of power and a violation of the law.

They ARE pussies. Run away, brave Sir Robin. Bravely run away!

You only "like" this so-called variant on a "filibuster" because it's a bunch of pussy libbies doing the running. If the roles were reversed, and a bunch of GOP stalwarts were running away from the legislature to prevent the hypothetical liberal Democrat majority from cramming some other fucking mess down the throats of the people, you'd be expressing outwage! So would all the libbies.

So.

Was it legal for the governor to send the state troopers after them? I thought a person had to break the law in order to be detained.
uh... the WI constitution allows the governor to compel their attendance by force if neccesary. So yeah, it's entirely legal. Course he could just take a page from Harry's playbook and bribe them to play ball.

It wasn't that long ago, remember when libs were outraged at Tea Party activists? Remember how the left was shocked, I say shocked that little old ladies and grey haired conservative men would actually engage in the political process? There were cries of anarchy and treason on the left. Now we have municipal workers breaking the law with sick-outs and trying to intimidate the poor Wisconsin governor and the left thinks it's another day in the park. Cowardly democrat state senators probably think they are entitled to a pay check while they sit in a bar in Illinois. What a bunch.

Lord forbid that they should have any say in their own governance!:eek:

The above is the new talking point meme going around.

I think Walker explained all that, the OTHER Unions were working with him, the teachers unions WON'T.

1. Actually Fox News has reported repeatedly that the Teacher Union had agreed to the pension and insurance provisions the issue is the attempt to bust the general collective bargaining provisions.

2. It's also been reported on Fox that the reason the police and firefighter unions aren't on the chopping block is because they endorsed Walker in the election.

>>>>

That's an interesting opinion, but that's all it is - an opinion.
LOL... no "braniac" its what is. No-one can be compelled to negotiate with anyone let a lone a labor union.

Once again, find anywhere where i've claimed it does... ooops, not gonna be able to.

If collective bargaining is such an obviously unfounded right, why has it survived since the inception of unions? Don't you get it? - collective bargaining is the main reason to organize into a union to begin with, dullard.

wow
dullard? Thats funny coming from someone who's so wrong. You can form any union you want, that is not at issue. You can form it for the express purpose of collective bargaining, it is you're right, also not at issue. What you can't do is compel anyione else to bargain with you. You can strike, picket, protest and do any number of things to attempt to coerce them into doing so, but the bottom line is if they don't want to negotiate with you, they don't have to. Go find anywhere in the constituion where it says anyone MUST bargain with a collective. ooops, it doesn't.

I love it when people point to what isn't in the Constitution as their argument.
These idiots actually buy the dumbass "charter of negative liberties" garbage, as if the government has ANY liberties in the first place.

These idiots actually buy the dumbass "charter of negative liberties" garbage, as if the government has ANY liberties in the first place.

And 'negative Liberty' is only handed down by corrupt men and Government.

This is nothing but a political attack. The unions that support Walker are protected by Walker. Now let's hear again about how this is for the budget of WI
And in the HC law the Unions that support Obama are exempted by Obama.... of course the major difference is that Walker told everyone in advance of endorsements or elections that his plan was to not include police and fire in the new law, and Obama lied and said it would apply to everyone equally.... but hey, who needs honesty or integrity from a President?

what would be your point?

Forum List

Back