Colo. teacher accused of assaulting student who wouldn't stand for Pledge

You're probably right, because it's usually totalitarian nations like Cuba that force people to engage in coerced nationalism.
CHILDREN need to do what they're told. Suspend the CHILD. Give the teacher a raise.
I agree that kids need to do what they are told, but their refusing to follow orders does not give the teachers a right to get physical especially if the child doesn't go in such a direction first. To me, not only should the teacher be fired, but they should be charge with assault too.

God bless you and the child always!!!

Holly

I know, we got paddled in school. Heck we even had a smoking area, till my senior year.
`
I graduated from HS in 2001. Class of "01".
I graduated in 1989.
I graduated during the bicentennial. The year of the Dragon.. The year Jimmy Carter took office, and was the worst president ever until Obama took over.

Reagan administration was worse. Selling weapons to Iran, savings and loan crisis, lobyying and epa scandals etc. Most felony indictments and convictions of any administration since at least Harding. Then of course, we became a debtor nation under Reagan. My guess is that after reagan was shot by one of the bush family's friends, he was never the same after that and bush #1 ran the show most of the time and they just brought reagan out for speeches.

good --if you don't love America be ready for a pounding--the only way to get through liberal thick skulls

My solution to the whole problem, is send the fucking brat to Cuba and let him live there for a while, in 5 years he would be back front and center not only pledging his loyalty to the country but slapping any other child, not showing their appreciation of what they have...

You're probably right, because it's usually totalitarian nations like Cuba that force people to engage in coerced nationalism.
Why is it so bad to love your country that gives you the ability to make something of yourself and for your family? Are you a Commie who has to have the government grant you FREE stuff so you can compete against those that produce? That same government under tyrannical rule can also take away that FREE stuff just as easy, like what happens in CUBA..Sometimes I wonder why I ever fought against the Commies of the USSR to protect people like you.. But then I realized that I wasn't doing it for your sorry ass, but for my children and their children who will also be great in this country..

No one said there was anything wrong with loving your country. No. One.

But there is something seriously wrong with forcing people to show their allegience.

Ah yes another nutjob that just has to physically force other people to live her life. Good luck finding another job, once someone in the school system attacks a child that is about it for their career. No school district wants to hire someone that might do this again and expose the school district to shame and a huge lawsuit.

Maybe she can go get one 'o those great coal mining jobs.

And it seems that you are a perfect example of the public indoctrination stations(schools) that teach you to be a victim thus hating your country.

straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
noun: straw man; plural noun: straw men; noun: strawman; plural noun: strawmen
an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
Young lives were sacrificed so you have the freedom you have. You should be grateful if you can stand for the anthem. Since thousands can't because they lost the ability to give you your freedom. What the beck is wrong with people today?

You don't seem to understand the argument here. Nobody has said there is anything wrong with standing for the anthem. This is about a child who didn't want to say the Pledge of Allegiance and he doesn't have to. The courts ruled on this years ago. His right to not partake is protected under the First Amendment. Conservatives are always squealing about how they are ones who protect the Constitution, as opposed to the left, but the moment you don't like one of the liberties provided to us under the Constitution you're just as quick to throw it out the window.

A true Constitutionalist would demand the teacher be reprimanded for infringing on his civil rights and they would also support the student exercising those rights even while simultaneously disagreeing with his chosen expression.

And it seems that you are a perfect example of the public indoctrination stations(schools) that teach you to be a victim thus hating your country.

straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
Ignorant Fuck
Means that you have a lack of knowledge, information or awareness about something in particular....
I don't think I need to add anything else. Thanks for Participating here is your sign.

344bpfn.jpg

Thank you for only reiterating and strengthening my point. When you're ready to have a big boy conversation let me know.

good --if you don't love America be ready for a pounding--the only way to get through liberal thick skulls
That's not how things work here in America.
That's not how things work here in America.
Gaddafi and Saddam used it to good effect
they didn't have anybody starting shit or talking bad about their country

So you support a dictatorship? If it's your premise we should be more like Saddam why did we go billions into debt deposing him, thus resulting in his country devolving into a destabilized shit hole?

So you support a dictatorship? If it's your premise we should be more like Saddam why did we go billions into debt deposing him, thus resulting in his country devolving into a destabilized shit hole?
it has it's good points
Germany thrived under it until hitler went a little too far

straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
Young lives were sacrificed so you have the freedom you have. You should be grateful if you can stand for the anthem. Since thousands can't because they lost the ability to give you your freedom. What the beck is wrong with people today?

You don't seem to understand the argument here. Nobody has said there is anything wrong with standing for the anthem. This is about a child who didn't want to say the Pledge of Allegiance and he doesn't have to. The courts ruled on this years ago. His right to not partake is protected under the First Amendment. Conservatives are always squealing about how they are ones who protect the Constitution, as opposed to the left, but the moment you don't like one of the liberties provided to us under the Constitution you're just as quick to throw it out the window.

A true Constitutionalist would demand the teacher be reprimanded for infringing on his civil rights and they would also support the student exercising those rights even while simultaneously disagreeing with his chosen expression.
Yes, they have every right to do it, and I won't do anything to them. But I also have the right to be disgusted over it.

straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
IF all that sacrifice was really to "give you your freedom" then why are you unwilling to allow people to exercise that freedom as they choose?

You can't "give" people freedom, then DEMAND that they behave the way you want them to.

Snowflakes in actions.

A middle school teacher from Lafayette, Colo., is accused of assaulting a student who refused to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.

Lafayette police were called to the Angevine Middle School on Thursday after reports that a teacher assaulted a child for refusing to stand, according to to the Denver Post.

Physical education teacher Karen Smith is on paid administrative leave from the Boulder Valley School District, pending the outcome of a police investigation.

A school spokesperson did not confirm or deny the allegations against Smith, who has been with the school district for over 20 years, but said students are allowed to sit or stand during the pledge.

There has been a nationwide debate in recent months over standing for the Pledge of Allegiance and the national anthem after President Trumpattacked NFL players for kneeling during the anthem to protest racial injustice.

The NFL player protests, which began with quarterback Colin Kaepernick in 2016, quickly spread throughout the league after Trump’s comments. The president has frequently called on the NFL to impose a rule requiring players to stand.

In October, a Texas high school student was suspended for sitting during the pledge.

They got rid of corpal punishment?

straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
IF all that sacrifice was really to "give you your freedom" then why are you unwilling to allow people to exercise that freedom as they choose?

You can't "give" people freedom, then DEMAND that they behave the way you want them to.
They gave freedom to everyone. United States citizens should show that at least appreciate it, and show it.

You can't "give" people freedom, then DEMAND that they behave the way you want them to.[/QUOTE]
They gave freedom to everyone. United States citizens should show that at least appreciate it, and show it.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I disagree. You cannot "give" anyone anything that has strings attached, yet still expect others to see it as a gift.

The whole premise is wrong to begin with. Freedom is not like a bottle of Coke. It is not something that can be "given" to anyone. Freedom never "belonged" to you (the general you) so it was never "yours" to give to anyone.

It might be more correct to say that people sacrificed to 'protect' the freedoms that we already had. In any case, there is no logical way that one person in our society can make others behave in any certain way. Every American will grow and learn, and along the way, decide how he will conduct himself in his everyday life. Each person owns their own life, and decisions like these have to be made person. Others can try to influence them but that's about as far as it goes.

In this country, no one can force another person to behave the way they tell them to; slavery was abolished a long time ago.

My family is filled with military vets, but no one ever placed their expectations on anyone else. But we did feel we lived up to our obligations and earned our citizenship and freedom in this great country.

I hope this is the last post on this matter because we have already gone off the original topic.

Regarding the thread topic, I agree fully that the teacher in question had NO right to demand that the student stand for the Pledge. Most people will learn to love and respect this country, but there will always be some people who don't feel that way. We cannot force people to have respect for our flag or country. And it would be wrong to do so.

In those cases where people actually hate this country and may wish it harm, it's much better that we know, through their actions, where they stand.

Snowflakes in actions.

A middle school teacher from Lafayette, Colo., is accused of assaulting a student who refused to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.

Lafayette police were called to the Angevine Middle School on Thursday after reports that a teacher assaulted a child for refusing to stand, according to to the Denver Post.

Physical education teacher Karen Smith is on paid administrative leave from the Boulder Valley School District, pending the outcome of a police investigation.

A school spokesperson did not confirm or deny the allegations against Smith, who has been with the school district for over 20 years, but said students are allowed to sit or stand during the pledge.

There has been a nationwide debate in recent months over standing for the Pledge of Allegiance and the national anthem after President Trumpattacked NFL players for kneeling during the anthem to protest racial injustice.

The NFL player protests, which began with quarterback Colin Kaepernick in 2016, quickly spread throughout the league after Trump’s comments. The president has frequently called on the NFL to impose a rule requiring players to stand.

In October, a Texas high school student was suspended for sitting during the pledge.

Should have slapped the shit out of the ungrateful little shit.

Snowflakes in actions.

I've always thought that children shouldn't have to pledge allegiance to any organization, as they are minors and as such are basically uninformed as to the overall core principles of any particular organization and as minors incapable of making mature decisions.

Forum List

Back