Met a Brit one time at a National Park Told me he had heart surgery and never even got a bill
What a shame that you find that “awesome”. There was a time in this nation where people felt a deep shame for accepting handouts. Now, you think it’s great to mooch off of society like a fuck’n parasite.

Shame?
What is shameful about your health?

Never met a Canadian who wants to abandon their healthcare system in return for ours
I met a Brit who did. He was here on a work visa and told me first-hand what a horror story England’s national healthcare system was. Said he LOVED the U.S. healthcare system because he would call for an appointment and get in the same day. Said that in England, his appointment would be scheduled for two months later (by which time his sore throat, fever, or flu would be gone).

So...let’s be honest here wrongwinger...you’ve never actually met a Canadian.

Met a Brit one time at a National Park

Told me he had heart surgery and never even got a bill

That sounds pretty fucking awesome to me. But what does a liberal like me know.

I think Repugs would rather have the "freedom" to die a miserable and painful death instead.

My wife had a heart procedure and i ended up with a stack of bills a half inch thick and had to argue with the doctors and insurance companies on what I was expected to pay

Out of pocket expenses were a major financial blow

Imagine going to the hospital and everything is covered
Sorry to hear about your wife and that experience. It sounds nice to have all medical needs covered but it also isn’t that simple. It still needs to be paid for. The supply still needs to keep up with the demand. I do agree that a single payer system is very attractive but there is much to figure out with a country of our size. And we need to make sure that we can maintain quality healthcare and ensure that our hospitals don’t get overcrowded and understaffed

Never met a Canadian who wants to abandon their healthcare system in return for ours
I met a Brit who did. He was here on a work visa and told me first-hand what a horror story England’s national healthcare system was. Said he LOVED the U.S. healthcare system because he would call for an appointment and get in the same day. Said that in England, his appointment would be scheduled for two months later (by which time his sore throat, fever, or flu would be gone).

I think Repugs would rather have the "freedom" to die a miserable and painful death instead.

My wife had a heart procedure and i ended up with a stack of bills a half inch thick and had to argue with the doctors and insurance companies on what I was expected to pay

Sorry to hear about your wife and that experience. It sounds nice to have all medical needs covered but it also isn’t that simple. It still needs to be paid for. The supply still needs to keep up with the demand. I do agree that a single payer system is very attractive but there is much to figure out with a country of our size. And we need to make sure that we can maintain quality healthcare and ensure that our hospitals don’t get overcrowded and understaffed
I have a very good healthcare plan, but still end up with substantial out of pocket expenses. $18,000 two years ago
But I make good money and could pay it out of pocket

Others are not so lucky and an $18,000 bill would destroy them

Most countries realize that illness should not bankrupt a family

I have a very good healthcare plan, but still end up with substantial out of pocket expenses. $18,000 two years ago

Others are not so lucky and an $18,000 bill would destroy them

I completely agree

My condolences, Sir. I guess Repugs want the "freedom" to be in massive financial debt due to health care costs. Somehow, that is more desirable than everybody paying more taxes for a national heatlh care system. These people are crazy.

My wife had a heart procedure and i ended up with a stack of bills a half inch thick and had to argue with the doctors and insurance companies on what I was expected to pay Out of pocket expenses were a major financial blow Imagine going to the hospital and everything is covered
Now imagine a world where disgusting parasites recognized that everything they don’t pay is covered by someone else. And imagine if they recognized how repulsive it is to believe their neighbor should pay for their heart problems.

Yup, you must have Obamacare.

Pat... you should have kept highlighting... that last line.. “deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.” What do you understand that to mean?
It means that if the people want to amend the U.S. Constitution to reflect a different government or different responsibilities, they can do that. Let me know when to get it legally and properly amended, Slade.

Government is not in the business of “solving massive problems” and everyone in government would be the first to tell you that the private sector can do that exponentially better than they can.
Are you including the Millitary in that statement?
Could they have a more efficient, cost effective military in the private sector? Absolutely. Would it make sense to privatize the military? Absolutely not. For starters, defense is the constitutional responsibility of the federal government. Second, you would have far too many conflicts of interest.

Thomas Jefferson was not one of the authors of the Constitution.
One does not have to be an “author” to be the architect. It was all of his ideas, his concepts, etc. which were used to design our government. His protégé James Madison was at the constitutional convention providing his input on his behalf. They would even ask Madison what Jefferson’s views were on certain issues.

The federal government has the right to setup a national health care system.
No...they don’t. Healthcare is not an enumerated power of the federal government. Your statement is 100% wrong (as usual).

You simply have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to the U.S. Constitution.

Societies always become more liberal over time. Not even Thomas Jefferson can stop that from happening. This is why your version of conservatism is obsolete and simply will not last in the long run.
Yeah...it so “obsolete” that Republicans control the House, the Senate, the White House, and 33 of the 50 states right now. It so “obsolete” that most critical part of Obamacare - the mandate - was recently repealed. It is so “obsolete” that all 50 states now permit conceal carry of a firearm in at least some capacity. :laugh:

Met a Brit one time at a National Park Told me he had heart surgery and never even got a bill
What a shame that you find that “awesome”. There was a time in this nation where people felt a deep shame for accepting handouts. Now, you think it’s great to mooch off of society like a fuck’n parasite.

Shame? What is shameful about your health?
Who said anything about “health”? Why do you intentionally feign ignorance in an attempt to deflect from the fact that you believe your neighbors somehow owe it to you to pay your bills? :dunno:

I guess Repugs want the "freedom" to be in massive financial debt due to health care costs. Somehow, that is more desirable than everybody paying more taxes for a national heatlh care system. These people are crazy.
That’s actually the first time you’ve made an accurate comment. It really is more desirable.

For starters, nothing is more important than liberty. Nothing. Not even life. That’s why Patrick Henry said “Give me liberty or give me death”. Your problem is, you were born under liberty and so you take it for granted. You’d rather just get “free” shit (no matter how fuck’n awful it is) rather than have liberty.

Second, I’m not paying your way through life. The fact that you’re too immature to accept your own problems, challenges, misfortunes, etc. isn’t my concern. If you’re incapable of putting your big boy pants on, oh well.

I’ve got news for you snowflake, but if you had $18,000 out of pocket, you didn’t have a “very good healthcare plan”. In fact, you didn’t even have a decent healthcare plan.

You’re either lying about this alleged “heart issue” or your lying about the costs. It’s tough to guess because you get caught lying in just about every post. Heck, just look at your name. You came to this board attempting to convince people you were “right-wing” in hopes of convincing conservatives that your progressive views were utopia. You are extremely immature.
That’s remarkable. I seem to recall you telling everyone over and over about your social security checks. And now you suddenly “make good money”?
Wrongwinger “logic” - healthcare should not bankrupt me...it should bankrupt my country.

This is more proof of how radicalized the left has become. Their golden boy, John F. Kennedy, said “ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country”. But all of the progressives sit on this board every day like wrongwinger here demanding that their country provide them with every need, want, and whim.

Pat... you should have kept highlighting... that last line.. “deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.” What do you understand that to mean?
It means that if the people want to amend the U.S. Constitution to reflect a different government or different responsibilities, they can do that. Let me know when to get it legally and properly amended, Slade.
We amend the constitution when we need to better define our rights as citizens or restrict/define the powers of our government. But not everything needs to be a constitutional amendment. Our congress is granted the power to create laws and regulations, and our Supreme Court has the power to rule on the legality of those laws.

Government is not in the business of “solving massive problems” and everyone in government would be the first to tell you that the private sector can do that exponentially better than they can.
Could they have a more efficient, cost effective military in the private sector? Absolutely. Would it make sense to privatize the military? Absolutely not. For starters, defense is the constitutional responsibility of the federal government. Second, you would have far too many conflicts of interest.
That was a bit of a dodge... the military specializes on solving massive problems, our NASA put a man on the moon. Our government has done amazing things. Don’t belittle these things like you are doing, it isn’t honest.

That was a bit of a dodge...
A bit of a “dodge”? I answered you question in its entirety with detail and explanation. Good grief dude.

Forum List

Back