Comedian tries to warn the Regressive Left, but....

Every Christmas we hear isolated anecdotal stories about someone being offended by Merry Christmas

The Trumps of the world use them to fan RW hysteria

Yep. And every year the outrages are UNPRECEDENTED!!! And every year the OUTRAGE!!! sweeps the country from see to shining sea. And every year the WAR ON CHRISTMAS - WAR ON CHRISTIANITY types fall for the exact same pap.

There is a simple test figuring out the validity of a story (at least in a preliminary fashion): Have we heard both sides of a story? Because if it's just one side, it may be one-sided - and pretty likely a lie. Whoever promulgates that pap is probably also a liar.

Case closed.

As I predicted, they're not going to listen.

They refuse to see that part of Trump's appeal is as a loud push-back to this silly crap.

Every Christmas we hear isolated anecdotal stories about someone being offended by Merry Christmas

The Trumps of the world use them to fan RW hysteria
Regardless of the issue, each end of the spectrum leaves itself wide open to criticism when it refuses to hold its own end accountable.

That's the game now: Spin, pivot, attack. That's fine, but it just makes it easier to expose.

Are you moved to casting a vote for Trump by this silly crap?
Believe whatever you'd like. And I know what you're going to believe.

You felt as though answering that question would not further your argument?
I know that communicating with people like you is pointless.

Just make up a response for me and run with it. That's fine.

Why would I ever do that? That’s your game.

Are you driven into Trump’s warm embrace by someone else being overly sensitive?
I don't care, sorry.

Sure you do. You just can’t respond honestly. It’s OK. This subject will come up again and again. You’ll see to it.

Can we agree thar people who are grossly offended by “Merry Christmas” have severe mental problems?
If you can agree that people who are grossly offended by “Happy Holidays” have severe mental problems.
Remember it was the anti happy holidays crowd who started the Right's war on Christmas.

Sure you do. You just can’t respond honestly. It’s OK. This subject will come up again and again. You’ll see to it.
It will probably come up every Christmas season....just when one would imagine it would.
And it will likely keep coming up as long as left wing ideologues continue to treat the very word, Christmas,
with open hostility and loathing.

The party of Ebeneezer Scrooge will see to that.

Petty complaint by the intern.

Petty thread by VichyMac

We do not know what the intern's complaint was - just what the offending party tells us about the incident. You are rendering judgment ("Petty") based on, say, incomplete "information" - or rather, the self-serving lies of the offending party and the ensuing twitter-rage. I find that unwise.

We do not know what the intern's complaint was - just what the offending party tells us about the incident. You are rendering judgment ("Petty") based on, say, incomplete "information" - or rather, the self-serving lies of the offending party and the ensuing twitter-rage. I find that unwise.
Just as you assume the offending party is leaving out facts or misrepresenting this matter. Also unwise.

Petty complaint by the intern.

Petty thread by VichyMac

Ok...

you’ve out pettied Mac

No. Sorry.

The occasional actual snowflake who is a troublemaking loser is not going to make a thinking person move from reasoned positions based on facts and evidence toward bullshit and bigotry based on fear of "the other" fed by feelings of inadequacy.

The overwhelming trauma of being asked and expected to be kind and considerate only exists in the imagination of people who lack empathy.

Trump will not gain supporters because a few people are overly sensitive. But, for some reason, those who support him think he will.
You may be over estimating your fellow man.

No. I'm not. Most people, when learning of this idiot getting HR to have a chat with Ms. Cummings, roll their eyes and shrug their shoulders.

Insecure RW nutbags express outrage in an attempt to get lazy morons to vote in order to save the country from pansies. And frustrated "researchers" like the OP see an opportunity to complain about the decaying culture.

It's really not going to make a normal person begin to think Trump is the answer to any problem.
It’s all part of the equation. You don’t know what the tipping point is for others. People can be emotional as evidenced by some of the imagery you just used.

Whitney Cummings, the only person remotely impacted here, and the comedian who came to her defense will not be voting for Trump. They're not moved to the right by this. Whitney herself is using it as writing material.

It’s all good.
59574108_2221027804610796_5901393766031294464_n.jpg

This will change people' minds. This is the mental state of a Democrat mind.

I have never heard of anyone filing a civil rights complaint over “Happy Holidays”

Christians and other traditionalists do not take offense or seek to have the person fired
Hogwash!
Christian groups formed a boycott of stores that said "happy holidays" like Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, Sears, Kmart, Kohl’s, Target, Walmart, Starbucks, and Costco.

BTW, the only group ever to ban Christmas was the Christians themselves! In 1659, the Puritan lawmakers of the Massachusetts Bay Colony followed the example of their brethren in England by issuing an edict outlawing the observance of Christmas.

Oh NO!

The War on Christmas
Not enough
The war on Christmas is taking place everywhere in America

But most violently in classroom beginning as soon as the children fall Into the atheist teachers hands
It is being fought on the land, on the sea, in the trenches
We shall not surrender, we shall not falter!
Can we agree thar people who are grossly offended by “Merry Christmas” have severe mental problems?

Yes. As are people who believe that “Happy Holidays” is a bad thing for someone to say.

Right?
I know people who prefer “”merry Christmas”
BUt none who run hysterically to the HR dept demanding a safe room with a petting pony

only libs do that

.... they won't listen.

Whitney Cummings Reported to HR by 'Pissed Off' Intern After Wishing Her a Merry Christmas

So Whitley Cummings (I guess she's an actress) dared to wish an intern a "Merry Christmas" -- in Hollywood? What was she thinking? -- and got in "trouble" for being so evil and heartless.

So her friend, comedian Chris D'Elia, responded on Twitter:

"This stuff is what makes people who are politically on the fence swing to the right," he tweeted. "Complaining about shit like this is what will get Trump re-elected. It's already done. Liberals got him 4 more years. F--kin idiots."

They won't listen, of course, but at least he tried.

She is one of the left wingers who helped to create and enforce those beliefs.....now she is suffering from it........

Whitmey Cummins is a pretty nasty Democrat operative herself though. Eventually they always eat their own like the purges communists were famous for.

.... they won't listen.

Whitney Cummings Reported to HR by 'Pissed Off' Intern After Wishing Her a Merry Christmas

So Whitley Cummings (I guess she's an actress) dared to wish an intern a "Merry Christmas" -- in Hollywood? What was she thinking? -- and got in "trouble" for being so evil and heartless.

So her friend, comedian Chris D'Elia, responded on Twitter:

"This stuff is what makes people who are politically on the fence swing to the right," he tweeted. "Complaining about shit like this is what will get Trump re-elected. It's already done. Liberals got him 4 more years. F--kin idiots."

They won't listen, of course, but at least he tried.

Yes, because this anecdote about a person you never met making a complaint is clearly indicative...

I have never heard of anyone filing a civil rights complaint over “Happy Holidays”

Christians and other traditionalists do not take offense or seek to have the person fired
Hogwash!
Christian groups formed a boycott of stores that said "happy holidays" like Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, Sears, Kmart, Kohl’s, Target, Walmart, Starbucks, and Costco.

BTW, the only group ever to ban Christmas was the Christians themselves! In 1659, the Puritan lawmakers of the Massachusetts Bay Colony followed the example of their brethren in England by issuing an edict outlawing the observance of Christmas.
1659?

that was before my time

Just as you assume the offending party is leaving out facts or misrepresenting this matter. Also unwise.
I had a customer some years back that hired me to paint a manger scene across the front of her and her husband's store. When I went back to submit the billing she wasn't there and her husband was very unfriendly. He was actually pissed. He claimed the painting was beautiful but it would insult some of their customers and he wished his wife had consulted him prior to choosing a scene like that for Christmas. I just said, "Well that is what she chose so that is what I painted. She commented about wanting to keep Christ in Christmas." I then asked him, "Are you not a believer?" He stated angrily, "I am a believer but I am a business man that doesn't want to offend my customers." I said, "So what do you want me to do? Isn't this between your wife and you?" "Nothing", he said as he took the bill from my hand and proceeding to write a check for payment.

No. Sorry.

The occasional actual snowflake who is a troublemaking loser is not going to make a thinking person move from reasoned positions based on facts and evidence toward bullshit and bigotry based on fear of "the other" fed by feelings of inadequacy.

The overwhelming trauma of being asked and expected to be kind and considerate only exists in the imagination of people who lack empathy.

Trump will not gain supporters because a few people are overly sensitive. But, for some reason, those who support him think he will.
You may be over estimating your fellow man.

No. I'm not. Most people, when learning of this idiot getting HR to have a chat with Ms. Cummings, roll their eyes and shrug their shoulders.

Insecure RW nutbags express outrage in an attempt to get lazy morons to vote in order to save the country from pansies. And frustrated "researchers" like the OP see an opportunity to complain about the decaying culture.

It's really not going to make a normal person begin to think Trump is the answer to any problem.
It’s all part of the equation. You don’t know what the tipping point is for others. People can be emotional as evidenced by some of the imagery you just used.

Whitney Cummings, the only person remotely impacted here, and the comedian who came to her defense will not be voting for Trump. They're not moved to the right by this. Whitney herself is using it as writing material.

It’s all good.
I agree it’s all good. Everything will work itself out. We may not like what we get, but we will most likely deserve what we get. The only question is will we learn from what we get.

But my point still stands, you never know what will motivate someone or be the straw that breaks the proverbial camel’s back so to speak.

The conversation I am having is bigger than Cummings and the comedian. Opposition for anything doesn’t exist in a vacuum. It arises as a reaction to something. If that something doesn’t exist then neither does the opposition to it.

Hogwash!

Liberals are the embodiment of puritans today.

Forum List

Back