Comey Under Oath: ‘Have Not Experienced Any Requests to Stop FBI Investigations’Perjury? McCabe too?

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Both denied under oath that there had been any influence to stop the investigation into the Russian collusion investigation.

Comey:

“Not in my experience,” Comey responded. “Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose.”

“I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there, and so you ought to stop investing resources in it,” Comey said.

“But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal.

“It’s not happened in my experience,” Comey said."

And McCabe...

If the Times’s report is true, including the implication that the President obstructed justice, then the President’s critics are in a double bind: Either
  1. McCabe committed perjury when he said “there has been no effort to impede” the investigation; OR
  2. McCabe did not consider the statements of the President to constitute an “effort to impeded” the investigation, which would mean no senior FBI officials viewed the President’s statements as an attempt to obstruct justice."
:lol:

Oh this is getting better by the minute. Thanks the NYT. You just screwed them over.

:lmao:

NYT’s Comey Memo Story Doesn’t Pass The Smell Test

Comey Under Oath: 'Have Not Experienced Any Requests to Stop FBI Investigations' - Breitbart

Last edited:
This is a big deal IMO. Comey can't have it both ways. Either Trump asked him to stop the Flynn investigation and he perceived it as an attempt of obstruction, or he didn't. This essentially could make his memo moot, or he did indeed commit perjury. Now if he perjured himself then Trump is not off the hook, but Comey may go down with him. Oh the intrigue!

Both denied under oath that there had been any influence to stop the investigation into the Russian collusion investigation.

Comey:

“Not in my experience,” Comey responded. “Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose.”

“I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there, and so you ought to stop investing resources in it,” Comey said.

“But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal.

And McCabe...

If the Times’s report is true, including the implication that the President obstructed justice, then the President’s critics are in a double bind: Either
  1. McCabe committed perjury when he said “there has been no effort to impede” the investigation; OR
  2. McCabe did not consider the statements of the President to constitute an “effort to impeded” the investigation, which would mean no senior FBI officials viewed the President’s statements as an attempt to obstruct justice."

Oh this is getting better by the minute. Thanks the NYT. You just screwed them over.

Comey Under Oath: 'Have Not Experienced Any Requests to Stop FBI Investigations' - Breitbart
daily caller and breitbart? :eusa_eh: thats like me referencing huffpo :rofl: put down the rw kool aid :booze: tinydancer

Comey:

And McCabe...

daily caller and breitbart? :eusa_eh: thats like me referencing huffpo :rofl: put down the rw kool aid :booze: tinydancer

Oh freaking good grief. The source of the article doesn't matter. It's Comey's and McCabes own testimony that counts.

And their testimony is on record. New York Times who hasn't even seen or read the so called memo they've been touting as proof as "obstruction of justice" just screwed both men over royally.

This is a big deal IMO. Comey can't have it both ways. Either Trump asked him to stop the Flynn investigation and he perceived it as an attempt of obstruction, or he didn't. This essentially could make his memo moot, or he did indeed commit perjury. Now if he perjured himself then Trump is not off the hook, but Comey may go down with him. Oh the intrigue!

This is getting good. The NYT hasn't even seen this so called memo. Just relying on the anonymous source telling them what's partly in it.

I wonder how many people bought into this story thinking the NYT had a hard source. :) Probably the same number of people who believe that if Trump is impeached Clinton gets to take over instead of Pence.

That'll be divine justice at its finest seeing the left wing loons freak out having to say "President Pence".

Comey:

And McCabe...

Liberals and Trump-haters keep tying themselves in knots in their own web of lies.

This is getting good. The NYT hasn't even seen this so called memo. Just relying on the anonymous source telling them what's partly in it.

I wonder how many people bought into this story thinking the NYT had a hard source. :) Probably the same number of people who believe that if Trump is impeached Clinton gets to take over instead of Pence.

That'll be divine justice at its finest seeing the left wing loons freak out having to say "President Pence".

What good does a "memo" written by Comey do anyway? Just because he writes something down, that makes it the truth and "evidence" of anything? I think not. He wasn't conducting the investigation, he was just the FBI figurehead.

Comey:

And McCabe...

Oh freaking good grief. The source of the article doesn't matter. It's Comey's and McCabes own testimony that counts.

And their testimony is on record. New York Times who hasn't even seen or read the so called memo they've been touting as proof as "obstruction of justice" just screwed both men over royally.
The testimony clearly relieves Trump of any perceived wrongdoing. Comey did not perceive what trump said as any type of a threat. Now if Comey is conveniently saying he now believes it was a threat, what else happened that made him believe it was? Trump firing Comey was for malfeasance and overstepping his authority.

Comey now looks like a well paid partisan hack throwing a tantrum.

Comey:

This is so typical of how the Right lies to their suckers level of ignorance.
Clearly the Right are implying that the "ANY influence" was pathological liar Tramp, by not posting the actual question!!! These lying scum know that their suckers are too lazy to actually look up the question to see if the question actually implies lying scum Tramp. So it comes as no surprise to me that the actual question implies NOTHING to do with Tramp, but everything to do with the Attorney General and the DOJ!!!

HIRONO: Yes. And so speaking of the independence of not just the judiciary but I'd like you to clarify the FBI's independence from the DOJ apparatus. Can the FBI conduct an investigation independent from the department of Justice. Or does the FBI have to disclose all it's investigations to the DOJ? And does it have to get the Attorney General's consent?

COMEY: Well we work with the Department of Justice, whether that's main justice or U.S. attorney's offices on all of our investigations.

And so we work with them and so in a legal sense we're not independent of the department of justice. We are spiritually, culturally pretty independent group and that's the way you would want tit. But yes, we work with the Department of Justice on all of our investigations.

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

What good does a "memo" written by Comey do anyway? Just because he writes something down, that makes it the truth and "evidence" of anything? I think not. He wasn't conducting the investigation, he was just the FBI figurehead.

Actually it does have merit, especially if he showed the memo to others when he wrote it, which has been reported. Keep an eye on the Repubs in congress and others close to him. If they start jumping ship like rats on a sinking ship, he's doomed. Only question at that point will be does he resign for the good of all, or does he fight and destroy what little is left of the GOP.

Comey:

And McCabe...

The testimony clearly relieves Trump of any perceived wrongdoing. Comey did not perceive what trump said as any type of a threat. Now if Comey is conveniently saying he now believes it was a threat, what else happened that made him believe it was? Trump firing Comey was for malfeasance and overstepping his authority.

No, it doesn't clear Trump. Comey said no one in the Department of Justice asked him to stop any investigations. He never said the president didn't ask him.

Comey testimony starts at 1:45

So it would seem that either Trump did not obstruct justice or Comey perjured himself.

So it would seem that either Trump did not obstruct justice or Comey perjured himself.

The libidiots will be calling for the resignation of James Comey......oh wait a minute. Trump fired the sorry sack of shit... The liberals will be calling for Trump to fire himself....Oh wait, a minute, the libtards, are totally clueless, as usual....

The libidiots will be calling for the resignation of James Comey......oh wait a minute. Trump fired the sorry sack of shit... The liberals will be calling for Trump to fire himself....Oh wait, a minute, the libtards, are totally clueless, as usual....

They're already saying that Mueller isn't bi-partisan meaning no matter what the findings if they don't find their way they won't accept them. You don't get anymore neutral than Mueller, this whole thing is a farce.

It does present a problem for the Comey narrative that Trump is guilty of obstruction. But the timing of all this is important. Let's assume we know that Trump asked Comey to drop the investigation on Feb 14 as per his memo. Fast forward 8 weeks- he is now asked if someone has ever tried to stop an investigation and he says no. Then he gets fired. Now he looks back and thinks "Trump asked be to drop the investigation, I don't drop the investigation, so Trump fires me". Trump can wiggle out of this, but it doesn't look good. It depends on the merit and believability Trump has for firing Comey and who is going to corroborate Trumps side of the events. It's very messy, to say the least.

Comey:

And McCabe...

Wrong. Comey didn't perceive the request as interference in the investigation because it was framed as a request at the time.

Trump has stated that he fired Comey because of the "Russia thing". The request to shut down the Flynn Investigation, is followed by Trump firing Comey. The request wasn't obstruction of justice, but firing Comey because of the "Russia thing" is clearly obstruction and the initial request becomes proof of intent.

Documentary Evidence - look it up.

Forum List

Back