Committee Votes To Release Trumps' Taxes 24-16. Tell Me Why ThisI isn't Partisan Bullsh#T

And sat and did nothing while the supporters he sent to the capitol attacked it

For 3 hours.

This is what passes for 'leadership' among conservatives. But y'all think that tax returns are going to make people forget that? Make folks forget that Trump called for the termination of the constitution?

Good luck!
The "attack" started before Trump even finished his speech!

Lead? Coordinate the effort to get the national guard on the scene? Call neighboring governors for police and their own national guard troops? Call the Secretary of Defense to personally authorize the national guard in DC. Call the Secretary of Army to instruct Governor Hogan that his National guard troops were authorized to enter DC. Coordinate with the Mayor of DC.

Instead, Trump watched TV......of the supporters he sent to the capitol attacking it. For three hours.

But *tax returns* are gonna make folks forget that, huh?

Good luck.
The National Guard takes days to call up, and he has no power to do so if the Mayor of DC refused when he first offered.

Hunter Biden gave up his information on the laptop he never recovered from the repair shop.
I was referring to Senate Republicans getting his records from Treasury and subpoenaing his business records.

Then they published a report on his business dealings. But none of you were worried about Biden’s privacy then.

The partisan bullshit here is a cult running interference for a presidential candidate who lied about his tax returns and refused to release them.

You folks know, I am not a Trump supporter, not a party member and have stated my Independent status many times. That said, what is this action other than partisan bullsh#t? While quite aware, it has become tradition for a candidate before an election, but this crap is about him not doing it before the 2016 election and whether I liked or you liked it or not, he was elected, anyway. That was then. This is now. I am aware, the Supreme Court the Supreme Court ordered that he release the information to Congressional scrutiny. I am good with that, but they never said release it to the public, that I am aware of. This is just a spitefull, partisan action and I tend to think, public release at this point is an undue release, an invasion of privacy (even if he's an asshole) and possibly illegal. My representative is on that committee and voted against. Barring him not doing something stupid (which he doesn't have much history of) I shall vote for him again, next time he runs.

The Ways and Means Committee in particular has a responsibility to conduct oversight of our Federal tax system and determine how Americans – including those elected to our highest office – are complying with those laws. It is the duty of the congress to evaluate the operation of the Internal Revenue Service in its administration and enforcement of the tax laws.

Trump had been refusing to release his returns based on the fact the IRS was auditing them. Well guess what, the IRS was not auditing his returns as they should have been. Did the IRS screwup or was pressure put on IRS to delay auditing. By releasing the returns republicans in January will not be able to stop the investigation as they surely would.

And sat and did nothing while the supporters he sent to the capitol attacked it

For 3 hours.

This is what passes for 'leadership' among conservatives. But y'all think that tax returns are going to make people forget that? Make folks forget that Trump called for the termination of the constitution?

Good luck!
Yeah, you're right, he should have reacted quicker on J6, but you all, for almost 2 years now, have repeated everything Trump did that day, EXCEPT you always omit the "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard" and "were going to.go down there and cheer on our brave members...."

I'll agree with you that Trump should have spoken much earlier than he did, but I'd hope you all could be honest enough to include the whole story, not just the part you want.

Also,.what does this have to do with Trump taxes anyway?

The partisan bullshit here is a cult running interference for a presidential candidate who lied about his tax returns and refused to release them.
No, the partisanship is you guys all giddy about the Congress breaking several tax laws, just so you all can snoop through someone's private affairs. He's not required to release them...why won't people realize that? If you are upset that he lied about them, then fine, be upset...but all politicians lie, so be upset about them too.

And that alone is enough to disqualify him from holding office ever again. That will forever be a shitstain on the presidency.
Not according to our laws. Its shitty for sure, but, not stopping a riot is not grounds for disqualification, under our constitution.

No, the partisanship is you guys all giddy about the Congress breaking several tax laws, just so you all can snoop through someone's private affairs. He's not required to release them...why won't people realize that? If you are upset that he lied about them, then fine, be upset...but all politicians lie, so be upset about them too.
No laws were broken. Take your cult fantasies walking, you are wasting your time.

Yeah, you're right, he should have reacted quicker on J6, but you all, for almost 2 years now, have repeated everything Trump did that day, EXCEPT you always omit the "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard" and "were going to.go down there and cheer on our brave members...."

I'll agree with you that Trump should have spoken much earlier than he did, but I'd hope you all could be honest enough to include the whole story, not just the part you want.

Also,.what does this have to do with Trump taxes anyway?
It doesn't
The request that the IRS release Trump's tax returns goes back nearly 7 years. Finally, Trump is no longer able to block their release. Trump always claimed that he could not release them because they were being audited by the IRS. Well it appears that is no so.

Forum List

Back