Communist California to require Solar Panels on all new homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of California envy going on…

For many years, more people have been leaving California for other states than have been moving here. According to data from the American Community Survey, from 2007 to 2016, about 5 million people moved to California from other states, while about 6 million left California. On net, the state lost 1 million residents to domestic migration

California Losing Residents Via Domestic Migration [EconTax Blog]
I get offers for work in San Jose all the time. I always turn them down.

Your H-2B visa no good?

Pure crony politics. The solar panel companies, and installers will get rich, as well the politicians who get the kick backs. It is the Democrat way. Look at Solyndra, and how that worked out.

Promoting business and saving homeowners money is somehow a bad thing?

Will they also require the batteries to store the electricity? Without those, you're only off grid during daylight hours. You know, when everyone is at work or school...

Battery technology/price has not made that a viable option as of yet. In another 2-3 years it should change. Edison, in Southern Calif, has discontinued the program of buying any excess electricity from consumers. The new program is they'll take the excess electricity and return 30% of it to you if needed.

How is that a bad thing?

This regulation is there for a purpose whether you acknowledge that or not.

This means that going foreward, new housing will not require any large upscaling of centralized power production. Fewer production facilities running for fewer hours a day. Simpler, more localized and efficient transmission infrasructure. Excess will be put back into the grid and used locally in real time. If you can't see the benefit of that going foreward, then you aren't trying to.
Lastly, less dependency on a huge, outdated and inefficient power grid and transmission system is far better for national security.

Why do you care where the power comes from as long as it works when you flip the switch?

I don't care where it comes from as long as it doesn't cost me or I'm forced where to get it from. It's one thing when Democrats control things and spend our tax money the way they want, but it's quite another to burden individuals with mandated excessive costs for Democrat obsessions.

I think government is too big as it is, and that goes for federal, state, county and even city. The less government in my life, the better. I don't want government telling me what kind of power I must have for my utilities, how good of windows I must buy, how good of insulation I must have in my home, or how much power I'm allowed to use. It's none of their damn business.

Progress costs.
Cars cost more than buggys.
Smartphones cost more than the kitchen rotary dial.
MRIs cost more than leeches, etc.

The truth is, the more companies that manufacture and install solar, the lower the pricepoint.
It becomes cheaper every year.

In the future, the roofing material itself will be the photo voltaics.

And that's fine with me if people buy it on their own without taxpayers footing much of the bill. Also so they aren't forced to buy them.

Government didn't force people to buy cars, citiznes bought them because of it's advantages.
Government didn't force people to buy smart phones, people bought them freely because of their advantages.
Government didn't force anybody to get an MRI. People freely chose to get those for themselves.

The govt built the interstate highway system that made the market for cars boom.
The govt built or subsidized every bit of large infrastructure in this country, including the internet, which allowed for massive business expansion around them. The govt has always been the driver of progress.

Why is this funny eagle?

Vegas is becoming one of the largest metropolitan areas in America. It exists because of what govt financed infrastructure project?
Hoffa created the city in the desert................lol

One of Gov't primary areas is transportation..........which would include roads..........

Has nothing to do with ordering people to buy things.............Making housing even less affordable than it already is now. Perhaps you will next require those who can't afford housing to put Solar Panels on their tents.

If we Californians got a dollar of every hating thread here we would be richer lol. A friend is now visiting a red state, he told me texto....these people are in worse conditions than some third world countries.
He is an immigrant, self made millionaire it was possible for him to be what he is only in a blue state....he felt the racism thr minute je landed. So sick!!!

:rolleyes: These are not some theoretical calculations, these are actual numbers for the system already on my roof. How the hell can you say "it's not"?

And I didn't say 2 years, I said 2-3 years. System produces annualy about 10000 KWh at ~21-22 cents per kWh in NYC over that period, so that is $2200 savings a year, so it will take ~2.7 years to make $6000 worth of electricity.

Please provide an unbiased, reliable source stating that a 2,500 square foot home, in California can be provided with all their electrical needs with a system costing $10,000. or less.

Here is what I found quickly. Basically, it says you are lying.

1. HowStuffWorks
  2. Home & Garden
  3. Green Living
How many solar cells would I need in order to provide all of the electricity that my house needs?

[...]

The first question is actually pretty interesting, so let's work on it.

A "typical home" in America can use either electricity or gas to provide heat -- heat for the house, the hot water, the clothes dryer and the stove/oven. If you were to power a house with solar electricity, you would certainly use gas appliances because solar electricity is so expensive. This means that what you would be powering with solar electricity are things like the refrigerator, the lights, the computer, the TV, stereo equipment, motors in things like furnace fans and the washer, etc. Let's say that all of those things average out to 600 watts on average. Over the course of 24 hours, you need 600 watts * 24 hours = 14,400 watt-hours per day.

From our calculations and assumptions above, we know that a solar panel can generate 70 milliwatts per square inch * 5 hours = 350 milliwatt hours per day. Therefore you need about 41,000 square inches of solar panel for the house. That's a solar panel that measures about 285 square feet (about 26 square meters). That would cost around $16,000 right now. Then, because the sun only shines part of the time, you would need to purchase a battery bank, an inverter, etc., and that often doubles the cost of the installation.

If you want to have a small room air conditioner in your bedroom, double everything.

Because solar electricity is so expensive, you would normally go to great lengths to reduce your electricity consumption. Instead of a desktop computer and a monitor you would use a laptop computer. You would use fluorescent lights instead of incandescent. You would use a small B&W TV instead of a large color set. You would get a small, extremely efficient refrigerator. By doing these things you might be able to reduce your average power consumption to 100 watts. This would cut the size of your solar panel and its cost by a factor of 6, and this might bring it into the realm of possibility.

The thing to remember, however, is that 100 watts per hour purchased from the power grid would only cost about 24 cents a day right now, or $91 a year. That's why you don't see many solar houses unless they are in very remote locations. When it only costs about $100 a year to purchase power from the grid, it is hard to justify spending thousands of dollars on a solar system.

[...]

How many solar cells would I need in order to provide all of the electricity that my house needs?

Solar pretty well sucks.

If you want a home with modern conveniences then you need real electricity, not that silly weak shit.

Because for the most part, building codes and regulation are there for a purpose. For one, if you hired a company to build your house, and they are building it the wrong way or in a way that presents a danger to you and others, it's perfectly understandable. You also don't want to get ripped off by them installing something that will cost you a fortune to fix down the road. Those regulations also help protect the buyer of your home if you sell it.

Solar panels? Such regulations are not protecting anybody. So why solar panels? Because environment is a leftist obsession, and we shouldn't allow anybody to write laws based on their personal hangups. If you want to spend the money to save the world, go right ahead. But don't write laws to force me to do the same especially if my political view resents the global warming hoax.

This regulation is there for a purpose whether you acknowledge that or not.

This means that going foreward, new housing will not require any large upscaling of centralized power production. Fewer production facilities running for fewer hours a day. Simpler, more localized and efficient transmission infrasructure. Excess will be put back into the grid and used locally in real time. If you can't see the benefit of that going foreward, then you aren't trying to.
Lastly, less dependency on a huge, outdated and inefficient power grid and transmission system is far better for national security.

Why do you care where the power comes from as long as it works when you flip the switch?

I don't care where it comes from as long as it doesn't cost me or I'm forced where to get it from. It's one thing when Democrats control things and spend our tax money the way they want, but it's quite another to burden individuals with mandated excessive costs for Democrat obsessions.

I think government is too big as it is, and that goes for federal, state, county and even city. The less government in my life, the better. I don't want government telling me what kind of power I must have for my utilities, how good of windows I must buy, how good of insulation I must have in my home, or how much power I'm allowed to use. It's none of their damn business.

Progress costs.
Cars cost more than buggys.
Smartphones cost more than the kitchen rotary dial.
MRIs cost more than leeches, etc.

The truth is, the more companies that manufacture and install solar, the lower the pricepoint.
It becomes cheaper every year.

In the future, the roofing material itself will be the photo voltaics.

And that's fine with me if people buy it on their own without taxpayers footing much of the bill. Also so they aren't forced to buy them.

Government didn't force people to buy cars, citiznes bought them because of it's advantages.
Government didn't force people to buy smart phones, people bought them freely because of their advantages.
Government didn't force anybody to get an MRI. People freely chose to get those for themselves.

The govt built the interstate highway system that made the market for cars boom.
The govt built or subsidized every bit of large infrastructure in this country, including the internet, which allowed for massive business expansion around them. The govt has always been the driver of progress.

I have not problem with government doing things that benefit most if not ALL people. But forcing somebody to pay and use solar panels is not benefiting anybody but the saps that believe in global warming.

I think it's smart governing.

Solar panels pay for themselfs in cheaper electrical bills and if you roll up-front cost into mortgage you'll probably not be paying more than for the same house without solar.

I guess that depends on where you live and what you use. My monthly electric bill is around 50 bucks a month. That's 600 bucks a year. Do you know how long it would take me just to break even on solar panels? And once you break even, how much more would you need to invest for replacement panels when those break down?

WOW! Your electric bill is more than 50% less than the State average?

Solar panels pay for themselfs in cheaper electrical bills and if you roll up-front cost into mortgage you'll probably not be paying more than for the same house without solar.

I guess that depends on where you live and what you use. My monthly electric bill is around 50 bucks a month. That's 600 bucks a year. Do you know how long it would take me just to break even on solar panels? And once you break even, how much more would you need to invest for replacement panels when those break down?

Yep, that's what I pay.

Yep, that's what I pay.

Why don't you remove the personal information and post your bill INCLUDING your yearly energy usage.

Yep, that's what I pay.

Why don't you remove the personal information and post your bill INCLUDING your yearly energy usage.

For what, to make you happy? Why would I lie about something like that? My electric bill has been as low as $35.00 and as high as $70.00. In the fall and spring when I don't use my furnace or AC, it's about $40.00. When I use the furnace extensively or AC it's about $65.00. However up north, I typically use AC between June and August. I don't have central. I use a window AC in my living room and I have one in my bedroom, but the one in my bedroom I only use about three to four times a season.

Can you post which communist country has required solar panels before Liberal California did.

That's kind of the point. Even Communists didn't even do that to their people.

So, a communist country never required solar panels, but some idiot conservative cited it anyway...

Well at one time, there was no way to compare the liberties of a US citizen and a Communist citizen. Thanks to liberalism, we can make such comparisons today.

Utility companies are just another form of controlling, monopolistic government. I would love to get rid of all of them. If solar panels, and battery technology actually worked efficiently, we wouldn't need government subsidies, and government forcing people to use them at the barrel of a gun.
If for no other reason we will always need electric power utilities to distribute excess power generated by businesses and homeowners. For businesses and homeowners to rely on just batteries is crazy. We have a huge grid effectively connecting homes and businesses across the country so a homeowner or business generating excess power in one place can sell the power to the grid to supply power to places that aren't producing sufficient power at that instance in time. Existing power plants continue to run but supply power only when needed by the grid. There are lots of costs in having distribute power generation but also lots of advantages.
Then you can't claim solar will save money by getting rid of the grid, now can you? What you just described is called 100% backup. So how does this solar power save money? You need another complete power system on top of solar.

The Communists/Democrats are decimating California. It now leads the nation in poverty. And it's only gonna get worse. When folks don't go along with Communists' agendas, they always resort to Government force. I always tell people, don't take the Global Warming nutters lightly. They will work tirelessly to force their Agenda on everyone. It's no joke. They're deadly serious.

If you refuse to go along, you will be subject to fine or imprisonment. And no, that's not just 'crazy paranoia.' It's Totalitarianism. And that's where Communism always ends. Folks better stand up and oppose em. I hope they do it before it's too late. Because the Communists aren't going away.
Communist countries don't force you make purchases. They limit who you can purchase from. Democratic countries, do the opposite. The people in countries that allow you to purchase only what you want from whoever you like rarely have the money to purchase anything.
That's a lesson you should remember the next time you're advocating the government taking over part of our economy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back