Company Dumps Healthcare Plan

The kind of companies that are dumping their employees into the exchanges are the kind of half-ass operations that won't be around in five years.

ZThere's Joe, envious coveter of other people's shit and general goldbricking failure. Hey Joe, you're wrong. The companies doing that WILL be around in 5 years because they're smart enough to do the math.

The kind of companies that are dumping their employees into the exchanges are the kind of half-ass operations that won't be around in five years.

ZThere's Joe, envious coveter of other people's shit and general goldbricking failure. Hey Joe, you're wrong. The companies doing that WILL be around in 5 years because they're smart enough to do the math.

Uh, probably not because no one would want to work for a company that doesn't offer health care.

But, hey, if they put a stake in the heart of the current awful system and get us to single payer htat much faster, I'm all for them falling on their swords.

Uh, probably not because no one would want to work for a company that doesn't offer health care.

But, hey, if they put a stake in the heart of the current awful system and get us to single payer htat much faster, I'm all for them falling on their swords.

Um. you'd be wrong. People do it all the time. And in the future many more will, thanks to Obamacare.
BUt if you think people will say, Hey the government failed this time so we'll give them a chance to do it right next time, you're deluded.
Free markets rock!

Oh.. so you -don't- have a sustainable point.
10-4. Thank you.
What? You literally deleted half of my original statement that answered your "so?" question. Which part is confusing you?
I'm not confused at all.
You're appealing to popularity; as such, your argument fails.

Words, words, words. There are words coming out of your mouth but they literally don't mean anything. You just talk to hear your own voice.

Um. you'd be wrong. People do it all the time. And in the future many more will, thanks to Obamacare.
BUt if you think people will say, Hey the government failed this time so we'll give them a chance to do it right next time, you're deluded.
Free markets rock!

And yet you can't show a single successful free market healthcare system. Not one.

awwwww.... $350 to every employee for insurance that costs thousands.

how nice.

thanks for the "story". but good that you want to encourage companies to force us to pay for you freeloaders.... while crying and whining about efforts to get people covered by insurance in a manner they can afford.

typical rightwingnut idiocy.

um 350 a month is thousands annually.

What is it with liberals and math anyway?

Free markets rock!

And yet you can't show a single successful free market healthcare system. Not one.

The US prior to WW2.
Next.
You're such an easy win. Every time. It's that low information/low intelligence thing you've got going.

You have to wonder how it was ever legal to start with.

Oh, that's right....government regulation. Insurance is one of the most heavily regulated industries there is.

Nope. It was the LACK of government regulation that allowed companies to decline health insurance applicants for pre-existing conditions. In fact, until HIPPA was legislated, the federal government had absolutely no jurisdiction over health insurance companies. That is why there is a Insurance Commissioner in every state. I was also VP of Compliance, and most state insurance laws were so lenient, that my job was mostly just going through the motions to get their approval for whatever we wanted to do. New York was a dramatic exception. If a health insurance company wanted to do business in New York, they had to follow their laws in every other state. Most health insurance companies avoided that by setting up a separate company to do business in New York.

Garbage. What you are saying is that state regulators failed to do their job.

Spin it all you like, but the government put an end to the insurance company's greedy practices in this area.

At the same time, they created a huge barrier to entry for anyone who wanted to get into the business. I know people who tried.

State regulators enforced the laws that were passed in their states. For all practical purposes, there WERE no insurance laws in the states, other than solvency requirements. THEREFOR, the pre-existing conditions declinations were the result of a LACK of regulatory authority by any government entity. This was not solved UNTIL the government regulated that the practice was illegal, by the passage of ACA.

Spin it all you like, but the government's passage of ACA put an end to insurance company's greed in the area of declinations for pre-existing conditions..

Last edited:
awwwww.... $350 to every employee for insurance that costs thousands.

how nice.

thanks for the "story". but good that you want to encourage companies to force us to pay for you freeloaders.... while crying and whining about efforts to get people covered by insurance in a manner they can afford.

typical rightwingnut idiocy.

um 350 a month is thousands annually.

What is it with liberals and math anyway?

Math isn't emotional, so it's hard to grasp.

Nope. It was the LACK of government regulation that allowed companies to decline health insurance applicants for pre-existing conditions. In fact, until HIPPA was legislated, the federal government had absolutely no jurisdiction over health insurance companies. That is why there is a Insurance Commissioner in every state. I was also VP of Compliance, and most state insurance laws were so lenient, that my job was mostly just going through the motions to get their approval for whatever we wanted to do. New York was a dramatic exception. If a health insurance company wanted to do business in New York, they had to follow their laws in every other state. Most health insurance companies avoided that by setting up a separate company to do business in New York.

Garbage. What you are saying is that state regulators failed to do their job.

Spin it all you like, but the government put an end to the insurance company's greedy practices in this area.

At the same time, they created a huge barrier to entry for anyone who wanted to get into the business. I know people who tried.

State regulators enforced the laws that were passed in their states. For all practical purposes, there WERE no insurance laws in the states, other than solvency requirements. THEREFOR, the pre-existing conditions declinations were the result of a LACK of regulatory authority by any government entity. This was not solved UNTIL the government regulated that the practice was illegal, by the passage of ACA.

Spin it all you like, but the government's passage of ACA put an end to insurance company's greed in the area of declinations for pre-existing conditions..

How is it greed? That's just stupid. It's good business practice. Try asking an insurer to write a policy on your car for collision after you rear ended someone. Try calling around for homeowners while the house is on fire. same thing.

I don't see how a company pool that large could be paying $916 a month per employee. My insurance was $80 pre-Obamacare & 140 after Obamacare. Is the company owner getting a kick-back from the insurance company? That is extortion. If I were working there I would dump that policy & get my own coverage.

I don't see how a company pool that large could be paying $916 a month per employee. My insurance was $80 pre-Obamacare & 140 after Obamacare. Is the company owner getting a kick-back from the insurance company? That is extortion. If I were working there I would dump that policy & get my own coverage.

Did you ever consider that what you pay is not the total cost?

Of course not.

More of the same crap party line bs that the left can't support.

Free markets rock!

The US prior to WW2.
Next.
You're such an easy win. Every time. It's that low information/low intelligence thing you've got going.

LOL, You have to go back 80+ years to find an example. Holy shit you regressives are hilarious!

The US prior to WW2.
Next.

LOL, You have to go back 80+ years to find an example. Holy shit you regressives are hilarious!

Just mooove those goalposts back. You're my bitch, aintcha?

Actually, why don't you tell me why Healthcare in the U.S pre-WW2 was so successful. Your opinion is shit and everyone here knows it, so how about some rationale with support.

Actually, why don't you tell me why Healthcare in the U.S pre-WW2 was so successful. Your opinion is shit and everyone here knows it, so how about some rationale with support.

Ibeat the living crap out of you with every exchange and my opinion is shit. Yeah.
Tell ya what, you go do some research on why it was successful and report back.

Ibeat the living crap out of you with every exchange and my opinion is shit. Yeah.
Tell ya what, you go do some research on why it was successful and report back.

I did my own research and it's how I know your answer is worthless. Once again we both know you're full of shit, just like I proved earlier in this thread and countless other threads on this site. You're a pathetic washed up old man. Sit down and shut up old man.

first, what healthcare before 1940? MOST people never saw a doctor....we didn't live very long either...

and doctors were not in it ONLY for money back then...

AND, docs probably did not need as much college/education/internship/residency time etc etc etc to become a town doctor...

Pharmaceuticals did not play a major part in health care back then....

Nor did technology play a major part....as it does today....

people gave their doctor a pig in return for payment of services....they bartered with the town doctor....

And, for the most part, there was no ''middle man'' involved in healthcare, with Insurance companies, as there is today...who gets 30% of the health care industry share, for just pushing paper....with no health services provided by them....

so, without looking it up, that's my thoughts on healthcare in the 1940's vs now

Free markets rock!

The US prior to WW2.
Next.

You are totally full of shit. Not one tenth of what is available medically was available then. They did not even have penecillian then.

Forum List

Back