Company Dumps Healthcare Plan

LOL, You have to go back 80+ years to find an example. Holy shit you regressives are hilarious!

Just mooove those goalposts back. You're my bitch, aintcha?

Actually, why don't you tell me why Healthcare in the U.S pre-WW2 was so successful. Your opinion is shit and everyone here knows it, so how about some rationale with support.

Pre WW11?

Do you truly believe the medical industry was anything back then that it is now?

Just mooove those goalposts back. You're my bitch, aintcha?

Actually, why don't you tell me why Healthcare in the U.S pre-WW2 was so successful. Your opinion is shit and everyone here knows it, so how about some rationale with support.

Pre WW11?

Do you truly believe the medical industry was anything back then that it is now?

Not at all, which is why his response is ridiculous and laughable at best.

I don't see how a company pool that large could be paying $916 a month per employee. My insurance was $80 pre-Obamacare & 140 after Obamacare. Is the company owner getting a kick-back from the insurance company? That is extortion. If I were working there I would dump that policy & get my own coverage.

Did you ever consider that what you pay is not the total cost?

Of course not.

Who else do you think was or is paying my health insurance?

My wife & I own our own business & pay our own insurance.

Together we paid $135 pre-Obamacare but that was comming from a 3 year rate lock we bought. It went to $295 after the rate lock & Obamacare. We got it re-underwritten back down to $265.

We are health & rarely go to a doctor. We were in a low risk pool. Now we are pooled with everyone else in the state.

Last edited:
Really? Sacrificing your existence and that of your 3 kids just to make a point? You think you're some kinda martyr or does the reality have something to do with your decision to stay? :lol:

Existence? lol, As conservatives work to make US 'free' like a 3rd world nation?

Freedom is the last thing they have in third world nations. Those governments have all adopted the policies you favor. Take Venezuela and Cuba, for instance.

lol

Yes, actually, it has.

Place? State OR nation? EVER? lol

The United States before 1914, for one.

(Re-)Introducing: The American School of Economics

When the United States became independent from Britain it also rebelled against the British System of economics, characterized by Adam Smith, in favor of the American School based on protectionism and infrastructure and prospered under this system for almost 200 years to become the wealthiest nation in the world. Unrestrained free trade resurfaced in the early 1900s culminating in the Great Depression and again in the 1970s culminating in the current Economic Meltdown.

Closely related to mercantilism, it can be seen as contrary to classical economics. It consisted of these three core policies:

protecting industry through selective high tariffs (especially 1861–1932) and through subsidies (especially 1932–70)

government investments in infrastructure creating targeted internal improvements (especially in transportation)

a national bank with policies that promote the growth of productive enterprises rather than speculation.

Frank Bourgin's 1989 study of the Constitutional Convention shows that direct government involvement in the economy was intended by the Founders.

The goal, most forcefully articulated by Hamilton, was to ensure that dearly won political independence was not lost by being economically and financially dependent on the powers and princes of Europe. The creation of a strong central government able to promote science, invention, industry and commerce, was seen as an essential means of promoting the general welfare and making the economy of the United States strong enough for them to determine their own destiny.

American School of Economics
American School (economics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see how a company pool that large could be paying $916 a month per employee. My insurance was $80 pre-Obamacare & 140 after Obamacare. Is the company owner getting a kick-back from the insurance company? That is extortion. If I were working there I would dump that policy & get my own coverage.

Of course not.

Together we paid $135 pre-Obamacare but that was comming from a 3 year rate lock we bought. It went to $295 after the rate lock & Obamacare. We got it re-underwritten back down to $265.

We are health & rarely go to a doctor. We were in a low risk pool. Now we are pooled with everyone else in the state.

Wah, wah .:(..

Of course not.

What's your deductible because your actual cost is your premium plus deductible.

and most employee provided health care have lower deductibles than private policies.

My youngest employee costs me 2500 a year my oldest costs more than twice that.

You didn't have REAL insurance

In 2004, employer-sponsored health insurance premiums grew 11.2% to $9950 for family coverage, and $3695 for a single person, according to a survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation and Health Research and Education Trust.

Five years later, Kaiser’s 2009 survey found that employer health insurance premiums were $13,375 for a family and $4824 for a single person.

Health insurance costs in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Annual premiums for employer-sponsored family health coverage reached $16,351 this year, up 4 percent from last year, with workers on average paying $4,565 towards the cost of their coverage, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation/Health Research & Educational Trust (HRET) 2013 Employer Health Benefits Survey.
2013 Employer Health Benefits Survey | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

And that's worked out well? Detroit had all of that at one point. Look at them now.

Don't understand a city that dies because of national policies (see conservatives 'free trade', trickle down, etc) huh

Why does one city die when others are thriving? Notice that all the ones dying are run by Democrats.

You mean since the de-industrialization of AmeriKa began since Reaganomics?

Pre WW11?

Not at all, which is why his response is ridiculous and laughable at best.

Gee I guess there were no hospitals, no drugs, no doctors. I wonder how my parents ever survived.

It's because the author of this thread made the story up.

Good. The employees will get better plans on the co-op or the ACA as the health risk is socialized.

What? You literally deleted half of my original statement that answered your "so?" question. Which part is confusing you?
I'm not confused at all.
You're appealing to popularity; as such, your argument fails.
Words, words, words. There are words coming out of your mouth but they literally don't mean anything. You just talk to hear your own voice.
Translation
You understand that I am correct and that you cannot devise an effective response.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back