Comparing the AR with other Legal Firearms

AR is a weapon of war. Gunnutters have no need for these weapons. They are designed for killing and war. Look at all the classrooms and churches and places shot up with these weapons of war. Assault. That is what they are designed to do. Lightweight, hang all the toys and silly lights and scopes and red and green dots and back up iron sights.
Like children dressing up an action figure. Really childish and silly.
Like you going to war in a church? In your house? In a school? In the news all the time. Uvalde ring a bell? They need to be banned. Designed to shoot a cartridge that is designed to cause MASSIVE cavitation and tumble and break apart in the body and take out as many organs as possible and kill dead on the spot whatever it hits. Yes humans.
No you don't need these. You 2A'rs crack me up. Come and take it. Molon labe :rolleyes:
I see these stickers on the back of smelly pickup trucks. I laugh. Pictures of how many guns. They have more money in the guns than the truck and trailer they live in.
But hey, "Murica". Do the best thing for America, turn in your weapons of war. Heck, buy a pump shotgun. Joe Biden said "Buy a Shotgun".
You don't need any guns. Heck, you can hunt with a crossbow. Imagine how safe it will be when the only guns allowed are for Police and Military.

AR is a weapon of war. Gunnutters have no need for these weapons. They are designed for killing and war. Look at all the classrooms and churches and places shot up with these weapons of war. Assault. That is what they are designed to do. Lightweight, hang all the toys and silly lights and scopes and red and green dots and back up iron sights.
Like you going to war in a church? In your house? In a school? In the news all the time. Uvalde ring a bell? They need to be banned. Designed to shoot a cartridge that is designed to cause MASSIVE cavitation and tumble and break apart in the body and take out as many organs as possible and kill dead on the spot whatever it hits. Yes humans.
No you don't need these. You 2A'rs crack me up. Come and take it. Molon labe :rolleyes:
I see these stickers on the back of smelly pickup trucks. I laugh. Pictures of how many guns. They have more money in the guns than the truck and trailer they live in.
But hey, "Murica". Do the best thing for America, turn in your weapons of war. Heck, buy a pump shotgun. Joe Biden said "Buy a Shotgun".
You don't need any guns. Heck, you can hunt with a crossbow. Imagine how safe it will be when the only guns allowed are for Police and Military.
You mean the police that people like you constantly accuse of shooting innocent people?

And again, since you are an idiot....the AR-15 is a civilian weapon, and has never been issued to our military.

That you continually lie about this speaks to your being a child, an irresponsible, emotional child.......

The AR-15 was an improved version of the AR-10 of 1956. In 1959, ArmaLite sold the AR-15 patents to Colt's Manufacturing Company.

Colt's then produced two firearms lines from the patents.

The semiautomatic AR-15 rifle was introduced to the civilian market in 1964.

The M16 was an automatic (machine gun) version for military use; it was sold in large quantities to the U.S. military and became a standard infantry weapon during the Vietnam War. The M16 and AR-15 look the same, except that the M16 has a selector switch that allows the user to choose automatic fire. Internally, the M16 has components for automatic fire and the AR-15 does not. Today, the military has adopted an improved version of the M16, namely the M4 carbine. (A carbine is a relatively short rifle.)

Meanwhile, the patents that Colt's had bought from ArmaLite expired in 1977. Today, most rifle manufacturers make a rifle based on the AR platform. However, Colt's still owns the tradename "AR-15." So precisely speaking, none of the firearms from the other manufacturers can be called an "AR-15." This post, except when quoting or summarizing writings that incorrectly use "AR-15" when they mean a broader group of rifles, will simply use the term "AR" for the class of rifles that use the AR platform.

And again, since you are an idiot....the AR-15 is a civilian weapon, and has never been issued to our military.

That you continually lie about this speaks to your being a child, an irresponsible, emotional child.......

The AR-15 was an improved version of the AR-10 of 1956. In 1959, ArmaLite sold the AR-15 patents to Colt's Manufacturing Company.

The semiautomatic AR-15 rifle was introduced to the civilian market in 1964.

The M16 was an automatic (machine gun) version for military use; it was sold in large quantities to the U.S. military and became a standard infantry weapon during the Vietnam War. The M16 and AR-15 look the same, except that the M16 has a selector switch that allows the user to choose automatic fire. Internally, the M16 has components for automatic fire and the AR-15 does not. Today, the military has adopted an improved version of the M16, namely the M4 carbine. (A carbine is a relatively short rifle.)

Meanwhile, the patents that Colt's had bought from ArmaLite expired in 1977. Today, most rifle manufacturers make a rifle based on the AR platform. However, Colt's still owns the tradename "AR-15." So precisely speaking, none of the firearms from the other manufacturers can be called an "AR-15." This post, except when quoting or summarizing writings that incorrectly use "AR-15" when they mean a broader group of rifles, will simply use the term "AR" for the class of rifles that use the AR platform.

there you go. The only difference is one has a selector switch and one doesn't. So sad. A killing war machine in the hands of immature gunutters.
These gunnutters stamp their feet and shout "it is not an AR-15...blah blah blah, it is not this, it was not that. Assault killing machine in the hands of civilians.
Who could imagine the outcome.
Do the right thing. Turn yours in.
Parishioners, School children, dance club patrons, workers, mall shoppers, heck Everyone will sleep better knowing these Weapons of War, these Assault Rifles, these killing machines are not in the hand of a gunnutter. End these senseless killings now.
For the love of God, do it for the children.

The enshrinement of constitutional rights - necessarily and intentionally - takes certain policy choices off the table.
Thus, the majority does not necessarily rule, or decide.

The Democrats unnecessarily and ineffectively banned AR15s, et al, in 1994. They paid the political price for it.
Despite their rhetoric, they are clearly unwilling to pay that price again.
Agree - just as I had stated; if the majority of Americans should be for a general weapon ban or e.g. onto banning a specific weapon/gun - the respective political party that forwards/supports such a proposal/attempt needs to be voted for in majority. If such a party has that required majority they can do anything in regards to changing/amending laws, - not just banning a certain semi-auto.

Since there is no such political party in the USA that would fulfill these requirements - so who cares if an AR-15 is a military looking semi-automatic rifle or not?
There are laws in existence in regards to forbidding e.g. trigger assistant devices or e.g. electrical trigger gloves. But no law that would in general ban the sale of e.g. bump stocks.

Is it forbidden or banned to own and parade around a WWII, M1 .30 Carbine?
So again, why should a gun owner care if an AR-15 is a military looking semi-automatic rifle or not?

Last edited:
there you go. The only difference is one has a selector switch and one doesn't. So sad. A killing war machine in the hands of immature gunutters.
These gunnutters stamp their feet and shout "it is not an AR-15...blah blah blah, it is not this, it was not that. Assault killing machine in the hands of civilians.
Who could imagine the outcome.
Do the right thing. Turn yours in.
Parishioners, School children, dance club patrons, workers, mall shoppers, heck Everyone will sleep better knowing these Weapons of War, these Assault Rifles, these killing machines are not in the hand of a gunnutter. End these senseless killings now.
For the love of God, do it for the children.
Doing anything “for the children” is idiotic. I do things because they are the morally right thing to do. I carry a knife to protect myself in public even though I have a CCW permit. I keep firearms at home to protect my family and to rise to the challenge of target shooting. In fifty years of firearm ownership I have never even been tempted to shoot an innocent person. I have owned an AR-15 Colt Sporter in the past and enjoyed shooting it. It was accurate, had low recoil and ammo was cheap. I have fired match for my reserve unit with an M-16A1 and enjoyed that as well. There are almost no “immature gun nutters” to use your idiotic turn of phrase.

There are almost no “immature gun nutters” to use your idiotic turn of phrase.
Well that is your personal opinion - and the opinion of a gun-advocate
Those opposing existing gun laws are bound to view upon a person carrying an AR-15 in public at all sorts of places, to be exactly that; an "immature gun nutter"

And again, in a democratic country "the majority decides" - simple as that.

Doing anything “for the children” is idiotic. I do things because they are the morally right thing to do. I carry a knife to protect myself in public even though I have a CCW permit. I keep firearms at home to protect my family and to rise to the challenge of target shooting. In fifty years of firearm ownership I have never even been tempted to shoot an innocent person. I have owned an AR-15 Colt Sporter in the past and enjoyed shooting it. It was accurate, had low recoil and ammo was cheap. I have fired match for my reserve unit with an M-16A1 and enjoyed that as well. There are almost no “immature gun nutters” to use your idiotic turn of phrase.
Children will breathe a sigh of relief knowing these Killing Machines, Weapons of War, Assault Rifles are out of the hands of gunnutters.
Uvalde deaths = Zero. Why? No killing machine to kill the children

The sole purpose of the gun the AR 15 is virtually identical to is battlefield killing. Same lethal cartridge yawing, fragmenting, deforming in the body.
Seeking out organs and flesh to shred like a head of coleslaw. Tear it up and kill the "subject'. Sole purpose. Stop right there, save your breath, you know it is true.
This is a weapon designed for battlefield use.
The excuse "it is not automatic" stop right there. You are fooling no one but yourself. As I said, do it for the children. These children have paid the price for your "freedom" "but but "Murica" no but but's. The party is over. Maybe your 2A is infringed on.
It's not like all your guns are going to be confiscated and destroyed.

Last edited:
Agree - just as I had stated; if the majority of Americans should be for a general weapon ban or e.g. onto banning a specific weapon/gun - the respective political party that forwards/supports such a proposal/attempt needs to be voted for in majority. If such a party has that required majority they can do anything in regards to changing/amending laws, - not just banning a certain semi-auto.

Since there is no such political party in the USA that would fulfill these requirements - so who cares if an AR-15 is a military looking semi-automatic rifle or not?
There are laws in existence in regards to forbidding e.g. trigger assistant devices or e.g. electrical trigger gloves. But no law that would in general ban the sale of e.g. bump stocks.

Is it forbidden or banned to own and parade around a WWII, M1 .30 Carbine?
So again, why should a gun owner care if an AR-15 is a military looking semi-automatic rifle or not?

You were doing so well until you mentioned the WWII 30 cal Carbine. That weapon is semi auto with no ability to fire in an automatic setting. Therefore, it's legal to own just like a M1 Ought Six WWI rifle or a Model 70 or 700.

If you fired the M-16A-4 with the 3 shot selector you would see that the AR is every inch equal since only an idiot fires in the 3 shot burst. It wastes 2 of the 3 bullets. And anyone that keeps harping about how "Safe" the AR is and refuses to admit that it's the high scorer in the Mass Murder then they ARE "Immature gunnutters" and probably shouldn't have the AR in the first place.

There has actually been 5 firearms from the patent. The AR-15 Model 601, The Model 602(M-16A-1), the Model 603 (M-16A-3) the most recent one the Model 604 (M-16A-4 with the 3 shot selector) and the Model 750 (AR-15 Civilian). The AR-15 Model 601 predates what you know as the M-16 and the AR-15 Civilian. It was sold overseas and then purchased by the USAF who fell in love with the plastic little shit. But it met all the requirements that the USAF was looking for. In 1965, the Army and Marines the M-16 was finally out of testing and got the M designator. But it was the AR-15 Model 601 all along. You keep spewing this crap and tell part of the story to support your BS.

You were doing so well until you mentioned the WWII 30 cal Carbine. That weapon is semi auto with no ability to fire in an automatic setting. Therefore, it's legal to own just like a M1 Ought Six WWI rifle or a Model 70 or 700.
Come on I am still doing well :D - since the M1 is also a semi auto, just as the Ar-15, - and it is a genuine 100% military weapon, (not just the looks). Can't recall right now but the "upgrade" to an M2/M3 standard fully automatic involves only some 7-9 parts. And personally I just love that rifle, so I had to bring it in. Certainly I wouldn't parade around with it in open view in public places - so the loop closes again.

Last edited:
Oh, so you won't do it for the children? Huh, think about how many children's lives you could save.. Hey, don't let it bother you, ok? Don't lose sleep over it.
I humbly suggest you invest in a Grounding Strap. You have a higher chance of getting hit by lightning a total of 4 times than needing a pocket knife let alone a gun.
Act like a bunch of children showing off all the "toys" to make those AR's even more "bad to the bone". Yes, immature gunnutters. Swapping barrels and adding "flash hiders" and "drop in triggers" and hand guards and butt stocks and braces and adjustable gas blocks and upgraded bolt carrier groups, firing pins and buffer springs. Ohh the grand daddy... The BAD ASS "Ambi charging handle" :rolleyes: and of course the suppressors or "cans" as they pretend to be men and talk like it is "cool" or a "toy". Oh yeah the immature gunnutters. They meet at the range to show off their toys and look cool. Chat boards all over the information highway. Talking "smack" about their "bad ass" AR. "man I got a lot of money into this one" :confused:. No civilian should ever have an AR. I am almost done.
Do it for the children. Don't be selfish. Children COULD breathe a sigh of relief knowing these Killing Machines, Weapons of War, Assault Rifles are out of the hands of gunnutters.
Children will prosper knowing that they are not going to get killed in math class by an AR toting gunnutter. Do it for STEM, do it for something. Just Do It. Turn them in.

uvalde.JPG

Last edited:
If you fired the M-16A-4 with the 3 shot selector you would see that the AR is every inch equal since only an idiot fires in the 3 shot burst. It wastes 2 of the 3 bullets. And anyone that keeps harping about how "Safe" the AR is and refuses to admit that it's the high scorer in the Mass Murder then they ARE "Immature gunnutters" and probably shouldn't have the AR in the first place.

The only reason mass public shooters are using the AR-15 is idiots like you are making it popular….which is part of your goal, just like Obama used Fast and Furious to get American guns in the hands of drug cartels…….and you don’t care when they are used to murder innocents….as long as you get to exploit the deaths to push gun control.

Oh, so you won't do it for the children? Huh, think about how many children's lives you could save.. Hey, don't let it bother you, ok? Don't lose sleep over it.
I humbly suggest you invest in a Grounding Strap. You have a higher chance of getting hit by lightning a total of 4 times than needing a pocket knife let alone a gun.
Act like a bunch of children showing off all the "toys" to make those AR's even more "bad to the bone". Yes, immature gunnutters. Swapping barrels and adding "flash hiders" and "drop in triggers" and hand guards and butt stocks and braces and adjustable gas blocks and upgraded bolt carrier groups, firing pins and buffer springs. Ohh the grand daddy... The BAD ASS "Ambi charging handle" :rolleyes: and of course the suppressors or "cans" as they pretend to be men and talk like it is "cool" or a "toy". Oh yeah the immature gunnutters. They meet at the range to show off their toys and look cool. Chat boards all over the information highway. Talking "smack" about their "bad ass" AR. "man I got a lot of money into this one" :confused:. No civilian should ever have an AR. I am almost done.
Do it for the children. Don't be selfish. Children COULD breathe a sigh of relief knowing these Killing Machines, Weapons of War, Assault Rifles are out of the hands of gunnutters.
Children will prosper knowing that they are not going to get killed in math class by an AR toting gunnutter. Do it for STEM, do it for something. Just Do It. Turn them in.

Do you always mix your booze and your meds?

You have no idea what you are talking about, and post like a child…..

Children will breathe a sigh of relief knowing these Killing Machines, Weapons of War, Assault Rifles are out of the hands of gunnutters.
Uvalde deaths = Zero. Why? No killing machine to kill the children

The sole purpose of the gun the AR 15 is virtually identical to is battlefield killing. Same lethal cartridge yawing, fragmenting, deforming in the body.
Seeking out organs and flesh to shred like a head of coleslaw. Tear it up and kill the "subject'. Sole purpose. Stop right there, save your breath, you know it is true.
This is a weapon designed for battlefield use.
The excuse "it is not automatic" stop right there. You are fooling no one but yourself. As I said, do it for the children. These children have paid the price for your "freedom" "but but "Murica" no but but's. The party is over. Maybe your 2A is infringed on.
It's not like all your guns are going to be confiscated and destroyed.

The AR-15 is a civilian weapon…….but you keep pushing the lie….

Forum List

Back