Concealed Carry

What responsibilities to concealed carry permit holders have when armed in public?

Do they have a duty to protect the public?

Must they act in defense of others?

My personal philosophy is that I will only ever draw my weapon in defense of myself or my wife. That is all.

I am of the mind that if you choose to be unarmed and trust your safety to governemnt law enforcement then I will respect that choice and instead of drawing and possibly firing my weapon to defend you I will call the police and you can wait for them to come and defend you.

Gun carriers are pussies

Afraid to be unarmed in public
Afraid to use them
No, we're just not stupid like you. Feel free to get on your knees if some democrat goes on rampage near you.

What responsibilities to concealed carry permit holders have when armed in public?

My personal philosophy is that I will only ever draw my weapon in defense of myself or my wife. That is all.

I am of the mind that if you choose to be unarmed and trust your safety to governemnt law enforcement then I will respect that choice and instead of drawing and possibly firing my weapon to defend you I will call the police and you can wait for them to come and defend you.

Gun carriers are pussies

Afraid to be unarmed in public
Afraid to use them
"Willeford, a local plumber with no military experience, is however an excellent shot according to the resident, and when he came face to face with Kelley, he shot in between his body armor, hitting him in his side."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5052815/Hero-tackled-armed-shooter-left-church.html#ixzz4xf63kHPe

Why not just carry in the open.

Because then you will be the first one the bad guys shoot.

Hey let them shoot it out in the streets, like the wild wild west. Scared of the bad guys, I thought that is why you carry. Too funny.

That's an interesting point. When I had my First Aid level (I forget which one it was) many moons ago, I recall that all of us who graduated from the short program (was about a week long) were now legally obligated to help others in the event they were in need. Maybe the same might be said of a gun owner?

My personal view is that one should not be legally bound to intervene, but one who can intervene, SHOULD. Easy to say from my computer of course. In the moment, there is a desire for self preservation, how much of that instinct dethrones protecting others?
Concealed carry permit holders are not legally bound to intervene.

Neither are people with basic first aid training.

This was not first level. I can tell you we were all bound to intervene in a situation in which it was required, was for a two year period as I recall.

Not sure how the laws differ from district to district but I specifically remember this as we all signed off on this obligation before receiving our 'Level". At the time, I was considering a career in healthcare.

It may have been an "oath" of sorts but there is no general legal obligation for any individual to render assistance to another.

Hey let them shoot it out in the streets, like the wild wild west. Scared of the bad guys, I thought that is why you carry. Too funny.

:cuckoo:

I will presently obtain a concealed-carry permit, and wear my handgun when I go to church.

Sorry.

Bullshit. If you had a chance to legally shoot some dirtbag committing a crime you'd take it.

There is no duty. Even the police are not obligated to defend individuals.

Also consider that even a justified shooting is going to affect the rest of your life, legally and emotionally. If you merely disable the perp you will likely at the least find yourself in civil court with a family seeking medical and long-term care expenses.

Choose wisely.
The first part of your message is the only part that I don't second. If the police are not obligated to defend anyone, what do they think that the gun and badge are for in the first place?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Idaho is Constitutional carry..permit-less CC and OC. Right now..my neighbor is training some of the refugee's in town to shoot and responsibly carry as a part of their duties as citizens.

The local 3%er's had an issue with that..a while back..but they got over it...when they realized they were in the minority.
Bonding over firearms is an Idaho tradition...and a partial solution to the 'us vs them' mentality.

How odd, isn't it..that here in the middle of Trump country..in the Reddest State in the union---we're all getting along.

There is no duty. Even the police are not obligated to defend individuals.

Also consider that even a justified shooting is going to affect the rest of your life, legally and emotionally. If you merely disable the perp you will likely at the least find yourself in civil court with a family seeking medical and long-term care expenses.

Choose wisely.
The first part of your message is the only part that I don't second. If the police are not obligated to defend anyone, what do they think that the gun and badge are for in the first place?

Supreme Court - Castle Rock v. Gonzalez, 2005.

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone

God bless you always!!!

And God bless you. :)

Bullshit. If you had a chance to legally shoot some dirtbag committing a crime you'd take it.
No I wouldn't.

I'm not a cop don't want to be a cop.

Forum List

Back