Confederate Flag? Symbol of racism?

The Confederate Battle flag is a symbol of Southern Pride. The Confederacy did not represent all of the South - many Southerners opposed it and fought against it. The Confederacy Period also is about 1% of the lifespan to date of the South. To the non-unhinged, it's just a regional symbol. Sadly, it has been spun into a racist symbol by those who wish to control blacks and smack down the conservatives in the South.

The flag, all of the confederate flags, flew in defiance of a country that was becoming increasingly hostile to the cause of slavery.
They flew in support of those who fought to preserve slavery.

I can't think of anything more inherintly racist than the idea of slavery. The idea that white people had the right of natural supremacy and dominion over blacks.

To say it's about some sort of pride without considering those facts is in my opinion juvenile thinking. It represents slavery. Slavery is the ultimate form of racism.
This below comes from a Yankee source:
'White Slavery' in the ante-Bellum South and Civil War Era: A Little Known Phenomenon'
White Slavery in the ante-Bellum South and Civil War Era A Little Known Phenomenon Historical Society of Pennsylvania

So your point is what?
The south is "proud" that they held whites as well?
My point is that slavery was not a race issue. It became a race issue when Yankees made to be one. My point is that slavery as an institution was not limited to one race.

That is probably the absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen anyone say.

Slavery/serfdom has been the most common existence for the majority of humans until only very recently. Think Thousands of Years. And race was not the driving imperative.

'White Slavery' in the ante-Bellum South and Civil War Era: A Little Known Phenomenon'
White Slavery in the ante-Bellum South and Civil War Era A Little Known Phenomenon Historical Society of Pennsylvania

The vast majority of whites in the South never owned slaves.

They still fought for the cause of slavery and that flag still represents slavery.
The bulk of German soldiers weren't Nazis either but we don't honor them by flying the swastika do we.
That flag never represented slavery. It represented a portion of the Confederate army.

Ok, and the confederate army fought for what?
States rights, you idiot.

Oh! Before I forget: Your rainbow flag offends me. I demand y'all stop displaying it.

Ok, we'll do it again. States rights to decide what issue for themselves?

They still fought for the cause of slavery and that flag still represents slavery.
The bulk of German soldiers weren't Nazis either but we don't honor them by flying the swastika do we.
That flag never represented slavery. It represented a portion of the Confederate army.

Oh! Before I forget: Your rainbow flag offends me. I demand y'all stop displaying it.

Anything outside of the powers expressly described as belonging to the Federal Government.

The flag, all of the confederate flags, flew in defiance of a country that was becoming increasingly hostile to the cause of slavery.

I can't think of anything more inherintly racist than the idea of slavery. The idea that white people had the right of natural supremacy and dominion over blacks.

To say it's about some sort of pride without considering those facts is in my opinion juvenile thinking. It represents slavery. Slavery is the ultimate form of racism.

So your point is what?
My point is that slavery was not a race issue. It became a race issue when Yankees made to be one. My point is that slavery as an institution was not limited to one race.

Slavery/serfdom has been the most common existence for the majority of humans until only very recently. Think Thousands of Years. And race was not the driving imperative.

We are talking about American slavery during the CW period. Not the entire worldwide history of slavery. Christ you people can't stay on subject.

Anything outside of the powers expressly described as belonging to the Federal Government.

Hahaha. Just say slavery. You all won't even discuss it.

A state's right to secede you imbecile. How many times you have to ask? You apparently fried your brain at Woodstock that you cannot remember.

So your point is what?

We are talking about American slavery during the CW period. Not the entire worldwide history of slavery. Christ you people can't stay on subject.
You are an idiot if you do not understand that slavery was an accepted institution WORLD WIDE in that era. Thus is the reference to "worldwide" history of slavery. I am not condoning or promoting or accepting the the notion that slavery was right. I am saying that you are brain dead.

You can knock it off with your Saul Alinsky playbook bullshit. It is getting boring.

Is the Stars and Stripes now the flag of PC? What a shame that we lost not one flag, but the meaning of two. Our symbol should be changed from the eagle to the titmouse.

Is the Stars and Stripes now the flag of PC? What a shame that we lost not one flag, but the meaning of two. Our symbol should be changed from the eagle to the titmouse.
th-3.jpeg

By tomorrow they will forget about this whole thing and start burning the Stars and Stripes again.

You can knock it off with your Saul Alinsky playbook bullshit. It is getting boring.

I don't even know what that means. Try engaging in the conversation. You only speak to my posts with insults. You are the one using tactics.

A state's right to secede you imbecile. How many times you have to ask? You apparently fried your brain at Woodstock that you cannot remember.

Answer the freakin' question. You won't.

So your point is what?

You are an idiot if you do not understand that slavery was an accepted institution WORLD WIDE in that era. Thus is the reference to "worldwide" history of slavery. I am not condoning or promoting or accepting the the notion that slavery was right. I am saying that you are brain dead.
The context is American slavery during the CW period. Stick to the subject.

I don't even know what that means. Try engaging in the conversation. You only speak to my posts with insults. You are the one using tactics.
bullshit!

OK… One more time then I had enough of your provocateur attitude.
The war was about secession.
Slavery was an accepted institution WORLD WIDE in the era, therefore it was not a uniquely Confederate institution designed for racism.
Slavery was not about racism it was about cheap labor worldwide. (Not free labor because the owner had to maintain the effectiveness of that labor with food, shelter and clothing)
Slavery was not about racism because white people were enslaved worldwide also including the USA and CSA
The Confederate Battle Flag's primary use was to identify Confederate troops on the battle field.
Please read it over and over again until you remember and don't have to ask the same thing over and over and over again according to Alinsky's tactics.

No, the context is the Confederate Battle Flag and whether or not it is racist.

Im still laughing about this.............also shows just how disconnected progressives from this site are!! They've been hooting and hollering for a couple of weeks now and the public as far, far from on their side!!

Political correctness is ghey:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Forum List

Back