Confederate Flag? Symbol of racism?

You would trade off your rights so that some people who look for ways to be offended, are not offended?

Suppose I decided to be offended by your hillary clinton bumper sticker. Would you remove it in exchange for me removing my NRA decal?

You would trade off your rights so that some people who look for ways to be offended, are not offended?

Suppose I decided to be offended by your hillary clinton bumper sticker. Would you remove it in exchange for me removing my NRA decal?
You failed to understand my post.

What do the white supremacists on this board fear? The fact that they`re becoming irrelevant. Their fears are justified.

there are white supremacists on this board?

Have names, or just opinions?

He's got opinions and he's one funny fucking idiot. He see's racists under every bush.

I live in the South and the flag is a part of the history of the South. That's the way I see it.

Only an idiot like him would see it as racist.

I'll just stand over here and LMAO off at the idiot. LOL

The Confederate Battle flag is a symbol of Southern Pride. The Confederacy did not represent all of the South - many Southerners opposed it and fought against it. The Confederacy Period also is about 1% of the lifespan to date of the South. To the non-unhinged, it's just a regional symbol. Sadly, it has been spun into a racist symbol by those who wish to control blacks and smack down the conservatives in the South.

The flag, all of the confederate flags, flew in defiance of a country that was becoming increasingly hostile to the cause of slavery.
They flew in support of those who fought to preserve slavery.

I can't think of anything more inherintly racist than the idea of slavery. The idea that white people had the right of natural supremacy and dominion over blacks.

To say it's about some sort of pride without considering those facts is in my opinion juvenile thinking. It represents slavery. Slavery is the ultimate form of racism.
This below comes from a Yankee source:
'White Slavery' in the ante-Bellum South and Civil War Era: A Little Known Phenomenon'
White Slavery in the ante-Bellum South and Civil War Era A Little Known Phenomenon Historical Society of Pennsylvania

So your point is what?
The south is "proud" that they held whites as well?

The Confederate Battle flag is a symbol of Southern Pride. The Confederacy did not represent all of the South - many Southerners opposed it and fought against it. The Confederacy Period also is about 1% of the lifespan to date of the South. To the non-unhinged, it's just a regional symbol. Sadly, it has been spun into a racist symbol by those who wish to control blacks and smack down the conservatives in the South.

The flag, all of the confederate flags, flew in defiance of a country that was becoming increasingly hostile to the cause of slavery.

I can't think of anything more inherintly racist than the idea of slavery. The idea that white people had the right of natural supremacy and dominion over blacks.

To say it's about some sort of pride without considering those facts is in my opinion juvenile thinking. It represents slavery. Slavery is the ultimate form of racism.
'White Slavery' in the ante-Bellum South and Civil War Era: A Little Known Phenomenon'
White Slavery in the ante-Bellum South and Civil War Era A Little Known Phenomenon Historical Society of Pennsylvania

The vast majority of whites in the South never owned slaves.

They still fought for the cause of slavery and that flag still represents slavery.
The bulk of German soldiers weren't Nazis either but we don't honor them by flying the swastika do we.

They still fought for the cause of slavery and that flag still represents slavery.
The bulk of German soldiers weren't Nazis either but we don't honor them by flying the swastika do we.

No, not all of them. Some Southerners fought against the Confederacy.

What do the white supremacists on this board fear? The fact that they`re becoming irrelevant. Their fears are justified.

He's got opinions and he's one funny fucking idiot. He see's racists under every bush.

I live in the South and the flag is a part of the history of the South. That's the way I see it.

Slavery isn't racist?

So we honor them by flying a confederate flag? Does that make sense either?

So we honor them by flying a confederate flag? Does that make sense either?

It's a Southern Symbol - they use it as a display of Southern Pride.

That flag never represented slavery. It represented a portion of the Confederate army.

So your point is what?
My point is that slavery was not a race issue. It became a race issue when Yankees made to be one. My point is that slavery as an institution was not limited to one race.

Slavery isn't racist?
No it isn't you moron. As I said it became a racist issue after Yankes rewrote history. No evidence can persuade you because you have a brain functioning on one level only. The level of your programming from childhood. Now "childhood" is not equivalent to white hood you idiot it may sound similar by pronunciation.

That flag never represented slavery. It represented a portion of the Confederate army.

Ok, and the confederate army fought for what?

So your point is what?
My point is that slavery was not a race issue. It became a race issue when Yankees made to be one. My point is that slavery as an institution was not limited to one race.

That is probably the absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen anyone say.

Ok, and the confederate army fought for what?
States rights, you idiot.

Oh! Before I forget: Your rainbow flag offends me. I demand y'all stop displaying it.

So your point is what?

That is probably the absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen anyone say.
Hellovajob doubling down there son!

Forum List

Back