Confederate flags to be banned from CMA country music festival

The South started the war by firing on Fort Sumter. They shouldn't have tried to write checks they couldn't cash. :heehee:

Perhaps. Irrelevant to this thread. THe fact remains.

it was the North that was fighting to put down the attempt at leaving by fighting INSIDE the south.

The men that fought the South and defeated them. They clearly opposed the POLITICS of the Confederacy, BUT could respect the valor of the men they fought, who mostly were fighting to protect their homes and States.

Those men were far better men than you. (or me for that matter)

That our nation as a whole, respected the celebration of these symbols, as harmless regional pride and the celebration of the veterans,

speaks to the greatness of character that our ancestors had.

And that we as a nation have lost.

They didn't change their minds. ....

Yes, they did. THe meaning of the symbols changed from one of rebellion to one of harmless regional pride, as part of the larger American Identity.

Your denial of this clear fact, is you being a troll.

Yes, they did. THe meaning of the symbols changed from one of rebellion to one of harmless regional pride, as part of the larger American Identity.

Your denial of this clear fact, is you being a troll.
That's not a fact that's an opinion and a stupid one that decent society isn't buying.

That's not a fact that's an opinion and a stupid one that decent society isn't buying.

Nope. The way that the Flag was accepted by both civil war union vets and the nation as a whole, such as during the Dukes of Hazzard run, show that the meaning changed to one of harmless regional pride.

Your denial of this is just you stonewalling. Like a troll.

Nope. The way that the Flag was accepted by both civil war union vets and the nation as a whole, such as during the Dukes of Hazzard run, show that the meaning changed to one of harmless regional pride.

So it then it didn't change. If you're admitting that this acceptance came right after the war then there was no time for change. What you are admitting is that the North forgive southern Nazis and made up with Nazis and allowed those Nazis to keep terrorizing black americans for another hundred years. You can cry all you like but the mainstream of society is never going to go back to venerating Nazis. We won on that front. You lost.

So it then it didn't change. If you're admitting that this acceptance came right after the war then there was no time for change. ....

I admitted no such thing. You just pulled that out of your ass. You are a shit talker.

My point stands.

The way that the Flag was accepted by both civil war union vets and the nation as a whole, such as during the Dukes of Hazzard run, show that the meaning changed to one of harmless regional pride.

---Confederate flags to be banned from CMA country music festival---

Looks like we don't live in a free country anymore.

I admitted no such thing. You just pulled that out of your ass. You are a shit talker.

My point stands.

The way that the Flag was accepted by both civil war union vets and the nation as a whole, such as during the Dukes of Hazzard run, show that the meaning changed to one of harmless regional pride.

I didn't make anything up. You said the flag was accepted by union vets. If your evidence of change is popularity then you should recognize it has changed again by its lack of popularity today. That's the reality. It is being shit on by America today, who gives a fuck how they thought about it 60 years ago when Dukes of Hazard was on tv, it's changed. 😄

Last edited:
---Confederate flags to be banned from CMA country music festival---

Looks like we don't live in a free country anymore.
When private organizations can set rules for people entering their private event that's how you know you've arrived at tyranny! 😆

I didn't make anything up. You said the flag was accepted by union vets. If your evidence of change is popularity then you should recognize it has changed again by its lack of popularity today. That's the reality. It is being shit on by America today, who gives a fuck how they thought about it 60 years ago when Dukes of Hazard was on tv, it's changed. 😄
The Dukes of Hazard wasn't on 60 years ago. It's still aired today.

After the war, the issues that motivated the rebellions, ie slavery , and secession, became moot.

I've seen no historical usage of the national flag of the Confederacy.

What you started seeing was the use of the BATTLE FLAG of the army of northern virgina, and statues dedicated to various fighting men.

This celebration of very narrow aspects of the Confederacy, ie the service of its fighting men, was accepted by the rest of the nation, specifically Union vets at joint army reunions.

The people that were celebrating these various symbols were NOT want a be revolutionaries trying to overthrow the Union government and reinstitute slavery, but people celebrating their parents or grandparents, and their regional pride, WITHIN the greater American Identity.

You can see by their actions that the meaning had changed and you can see by the acceptance of hte rest of the nation, that they knew that and accepted it too.

This continued all though , up to and well past the Dukes of Hazzard show's popularity.

That now, you people have ginned up a movement to redefine the symbols to mean what they did in 1864, does not mean that the people celebrating them are agreeing with you.

To them, they are still celebrating the same things their people have been celebrating for 5 generations.

Thus, when you attack them as though they are evul wacists, it is YOU that is being the asshole.

After the war, the issues that motivated the rebellions, ie slavery , and secession, became moot.

I've seen no historical usage of the national flag of the Confederacy.

What you started seeing was the use of the BATTLE FLAG of the army of northern virgina, and statues dedicated to various fighting men.

This celebration of very narrow aspects of the Confederacy, ie the service of its fighting men, was accepted by the rest of the nation, specifically Union vets at joint army reunions.

The people that were celebrating these various symbols were NOT want a be revolutionaries trying to overthrow the Union government and reinstitute slavery, but people celebrating their parents or grandparents, and their regional pride, WITHIN the greater American Identity.

You can see by their actions that the meaning had changed and you can see by the acceptance of hte rest of the nation, that they knew that and accepted it too.

This continued all though , up to and well past the Dukes of Hazzard show's popularity.

That now, you people have ginned up a movement to redefine the symbols to mean what they did in 1864, does not mean that the people celebrating them are agreeing with you.

To them, they are still celebrating the same things their people have been celebrating for 5 generations.

Thus, when you attack them as though they are evul wacists, it is YOU that is being the asshole.
Nope. It's changed again. If popularity is your proof then it's mine as well. Eat it fuck face. 😄

Nope. It's changed again. If popularity is your proof then it's mine as well. Eat it fuck face. 😄

You asked a valid question. I explained further and in more detail, and now you are back to just hooting like a monkey.

The fact remains. You are attacking these people, based on the stupid assumption that they are using the same meaning for these symbols that they had in 1864.

That is you choosing to ignore the reality of the situation and use your fantasy to justify your being an asshole to people.

You asked a valid question. I explained further and in more detail, and now you are back to just hooting like a monkey.

The fact remains. You are attacking these people, based on the stupid assumption that they are using the same meaning for these symbols that they had in 1864.

That is you choosing to ignore the reality of the situation and use your fantasy to justify your being an asshole to people.
It's you who's choosing to ignore reality. The reality is that flag and its wavers are seen as deplorable, racist, mutants. I win. Your argument loses. You can scream ITS CHANGED!!! in your trailer park until your voice goes hoarse but no one is going to care.

It's you who's choosing to ignore reality. The reality is that flag and its wavers are seen as deplorable, racist, mutants. I win. Your argument loses. You can scream ITS CHANGED!!! in your trailer park until your voice goes hoarse but no one is going to care.

"Seen as" not "are".

You are willing to attack and demonize and destroy people because they "SEEM" to be something.

If you don't care about whether the people you attack deserve it or not, that is you being immoral.

That, btw, undermines your whining like a faggot, about slavery in the first place.

FYI.

"Seen as" not "are".

You are willing to attack and demonize and destroy people because they "SEEM" to be something.

If you don't care about whether the people you attack deserve it or not, that is you being immoral.

That, btw, undermines your whining like a faggot, about slavery in the first place.

FYI.
I don't believe those mutants and neither does the mainstream.

You really think they want to seceded and bring back slavery? LOL!!! You are fucking absurd.
I believe people when they show me who they are. People lie to others and to themselves about all sorts of things. Your actions are what speak loudest. If you wave around a Confederate flag I'm going to take that as a sign that you support white supremacy and the subservience of black Americans and minorities because that what the people who created that flag believed, just as I would take a man waving a nazi flag as a sign that man hates jews and wants to see them wiped off the face of the earth.

I believe people when they show me who they are. People lie to others and to themselves about all sorts of things. Your actions are what speak loudest. If you wave around a Confederate flag I'm going to take that as a sign that you support white supremacy and the subservience of black Americans and minorities because that what the people who created that flag believed, just as I would take a man waving a nazi flag as a sign that man hates jews and wants to see them wiped off the face of the earth.

You just said, that "actions" speak the loudest.

What actions over the last 150 years have demonstrated any disloyalty to the Union by the South or any desire to bring back slavery?

Forum List

Back