Confederate flags to be banned from CMA country music festival

You just said, that "actions" speak the loudest.

What actions over the last 150 years have demonstrated any disloyalty to the Union by the South or any desire to bring back slavery?
Sorry, I don't have to argue on that strawman. I have provided plenty of examples of white Southerners fighting against the end of slavery, fighting against the end of segregation and fighting against every single black initiative today.

Sorry, I don't have to argue on that strawman. I have provided plenty of examples of white Southerners fighting against the end of slavery, fighting against the end of segregation and fighting against every single black initiative today.

Oh, so this ISN'T about the Civil War. This is about your current MODERN agenda?

So ALL that previous shit, was just shit?

Thanks, I thought so. But it is nice to have you admit it.

Oh, so this ISN'T about the Civil War. This is about your current MODERN agenda?

So ALL that previous shit, was just shit?

Thanks, I thought so. But it is nice to have you admit it.
I've been pretty consistent in my argument that white Southerners are trash people with a trash culture, I'm not sure what else you want me to tell you.

I've been pretty consistent in my argument that white Southerners are trash people with a trash culture, I'm not sure what else you want me to tell you.
And you're still completely full of shit.

Hey man - I'm in the music biz. Let's talk about Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Black Oak Arkansas if you remember them....

If you think that stuff is trash you're welcome to your opinion, but the truth is Nashville doesn't do country any more and has NEVER been able to do Southern Rock to save it's life (in spite of multiple failed attempts).

If you think you'll have a smidgeon of an impact on any if that stuff you're dumb as a stump

Yes, they did. THe meaning of the symbols changed from one of rebellion to one of harmless regional pride, as part of the larger American Identity.

Your denial of this clear fact, is you being a troll.
It changed to the Klan and resisting the Federal Government so they could keep repressing blacks. Rebel flags, church bombings, and lynchings. Toast!

You just said, that "actions" speak the loudest.

What actions over the last 150 years have demonstrated any disloyalty to the Union by the South or any desire to bring back slavery?
You mean besides Jim Crow, lynchings, multiple arsons, murder, and assassination?

And you're still completely full of shit.

Hey man - I'm in the music biz. Let's talk about Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Black Oak Arkansas if you remember them....

If you think that stuff is trash you're welcome to your opinion, but the truth is Nashville doesn't do country any more and has NEVER been able to do Southern Rock to save it's life (in spite of multiple failed attempts).

If you think you'll have a smidgeon of an impact on any if that stuff you're dumb as a stump
Vaughan and ZZTop are Texans.

Vaughan and ZZTop are Texans.
Still definitively Southern Rock

Yes, Texas blues is not Zydeco.

But I don't think anyone would deny it's fundamentally Southern rock

Hey - ALL of blues came from the South.

ALL of it

This is the tradition that Goats wants to piss on

Still definitively Southern Rock

Yes, Texas blues is not Zydeco.

But I don't think anyone would deny it's fundamentally Southern rock

Hey - ALL of blues came from the South.

ALL of it

This is the tradition that Goats wants to piss on
Also R&B, ragtime, Tejano, and Western.

I want you to drop all that bullshit about confederate symbols. The fact is, that you are just unhappy with the South as as whole TODAY, not for a few people that fly confederate symbols, but because the region tends to oppose your political agenda.

If tomorrow, you win the battle on confederate symbols and they all go away, you will continue to hate and oppose Southern Americans, because they don't, generally speaking, don't support your political agenda.

It changed to the Klan and resisting the Federal Government so they could keep repressing blacks. Rebel flags, church bombings, and lynchings. Toast!

No, it did not. The Klan is pretty much dead at this point, and yet the flag and similar symbols are still celebrated.

So, you are just talking shit.

You mean besides Jim Crow, lynchings, multiple arsons, murder, and assassination?

No, not "besides that". That has nothing to do with the stated complaints about the flag.

The position you people are making and defending is that the meaning of hte symbol has not changed since the Civil War.

That means that you are claiming that the people flying it, are celebrating the idea of secession and slavery.

Jim Crow? Not being allowed in the nicer restroom, is hardly the same thing as being a freaking SLAVE, and it is ignorant of you to pretend it is.

No, not "besides that". That has nothing to do with the stated complaints about the flag.

The position you people are making and defending is that the meaning of hte symbol has not changed since the Civil War.

That means that you are claiming that the people flying it, are celebrating the idea of secession and slavery.

Jim Crow? Not being allowed in the nicer restroom, is hardly the same thing as being a freaking SLAVE, and it is ignorant of you to pretend it is.
Says you.

I want you to drop all that bullshit about confederate symbols. The fact is, that you are just unhappy with the South as as whole TODAY, not for a few people that fly confederate symbols, but because the region tends to oppose your political agenda.

If tomorrow, you win the battle on confederate symbols and they all go away, you will continue to hate and oppose Southern Americans, because they don't, generally speaking, don't support your political agenda.
Of course I won't stop at the flag. Buddy, I've been here telling you white Southern racist culture is deplorable and should be pushed towards extinction. I'm not hiding any of my disdain for the white American population in general and the white Southern population in particular. You're a deplorable bunch who still wave around flags of people who fought to own people like me as property and then tried keep people like me as second class citizens. Your damn right I oppose your political ideology. I oppose your culture. And I support your demographic replacement. None of those positions do I feel even a lit bit ashamed of.

Forum List

Back