Confirmed. Consumer and US businesses paying nearly all tariff costs.

Wow, that was before the stupid tariff war...how many have been built since the start of the stupid tariff war?
The stupid trade war that’s got the stock market at all-time highs and unemployment at theoretical minimum?

The stupid trade war that’s got the stock market at all-time highs and unemployment at theoretical minimum?

No, the fact that the two sides are coming together has it at an all time high, the stupid ass trade war stagnated the markets for close to 700 days.

Now that's just silly. Foreign nations pay the tariffs in order to sell goods in America. Trump's tariffs have put hundreds of millions of extra dollars in our Treasury. Tariffs protect American companies from unfair foreign competition. A factory in Indiana cannot compete against a dirt-wage factory in Central America or against a heavily subsidized factory in Asia. Until Trump came along, we sat back and let other countries exploit our so-called "free trade" policy, even as they imposed tariffs on our goods and/or subsidized the production costs of their products so that our companies could not make the same products at that same cost.

Liberals yammer on and on about their concern for workers' rights, good working conditions, decent wages and benefits, etc.--except when it comes to cheap products made overseas. For too long we have been addicted to being able to buy products at far cheaper prices than American companies can afford to charge because those products were made in dirt-wage factories overseas or were heavily subsidized by their governments.

We've been in "trade war" for decades. The only difference now is that, thanks to Trump, we are finally starting to fight back.

Wonder how much screaming there will be after Trump puts tariffs on imported cars, what he refers to as "the mother lode" of tariff income?

Not near enough as there should be.

When did you people that claim to be conservatives start to hate the free market so damn much?

Its all about a level playing field and balancing the trade deficit.

Never looked at tariffs as inflation. Maybe Powell asked Trump to add more tariffs to get closer to 2% inflation?

I was talking about the inflation tax apart from tariffs. Either way you go, it's war on the electorate.

Never looked at tariffs as inflation. Maybe Powell asked Trump to add more tariffs to get closer to 2% inflation?

I was talking about the inflation tax apart from tariffs. Either way you go, it's war on the electorate.

There are a lot of effects of tariffs, more inflation, more domestic production, lower trade deficit. Any more?

You run on that. Trump is ruining the economy. Yeah, you got Trump now!

You don't even understand economics and monetary policy. You certainly donlt understand the difference between free trade and managed trade. You understand the letters D and R and the colors blue and red. And you know how to work the remote. That's about it.

Last edited:
There are a lot of effects of tariffs, more inflation, more domestic production, lower trade deficit. Any more?

It's a pretty deep discussion. One that I've had around here more times than I care to keep repeating, to be honest. It's a waste of time.

No, the fact that the two sides are coming together has it at an all time high, the stupid ass trade war stagnated the markets for close to 700 days.

Hopefully you pulled your $12.50 life savings to avoid a recession.

you should not project so much. It gives away your status.

Market is up over 14% the last 2 years.....

Which market?

You mean the DJI?

Since Trump started his trade war it is up 10.56% over the span of 718 days, 12 days shy of two full years. And of that 10.56%...6.57% has come since 1 Nov when there started to be movement of sorts in the stupid ass trade war.

And in case you are new to the markets, 10.56% over 718 days is pretty shitty growth.

During that time the Small Caps 3000 is only up 3.69%

and the S&P 16.19%..

None of those are good numbers for almost 2 years.

Wonder how much screaming there will be after Trump puts tariffs on imported cars, what he refers to as "the mother lode" of tariff income?

Not near enough as there should be.

When did you people that claim to be conservatives start to hate the free market so damn much?

Its all about a level playing field and balancing the trade deficit.

It is about the government influencing what you buy and using taxes and tariffs to do so.

When did the two sides come together? I must have missed that.

Do you not pay attention to the man you worship?

Trump: Phase One China Trade Deal Could Be Signed ‘Shortly’ After January 15

In his interview with ABC TV’s Toledo, Ohio affiliate that was first reported by Reuters, Trump said that “We’re going to be signing on January 15th—I think it will be January 15th, but shortly thereafter, but I think January 15th—a big deal with China.”

When did the two sides come together? I must have missed that.

Do you not pay attention to the man you worship?

Trump: Phase One China Trade Deal Could Be Signed ‘Shortly’ After January 15

In his interview with ABC TV’s Toledo, Ohio affiliate that was first reported by Reuters, Trump said that “We’re going to be signing on January 15th—I think it will be January 15th, but shortly thereafter, but I think January 15th—a big deal with China.”

Oh, that worship bullshit thing again you leftists always use?

Forum List

Back