Confirmed! Rich People Live Off The Work Of Others!

Fuck off again, boy....I don't need any goofball on the radio to tell me how to mind my own business and live and let live.

Someone who has more than I have, even if it's A LOT more, does no harm to me....I don't begrudge him his fortune and high living any more than I begrudge you your particular lifestyle.

Maybe when you move out of your parents' basement you'll figure it out.

Funny, that's exactly where I figure you reside. :)

Oh, so it's guilt rather than envy....My mistake....I stand corrected.

Go see a shrink and leave the rest of us alone.

A shrink can't remove a conscience. Besides, it's served me well over the years. I don't want to change course now.
Don't bullshit me, boy...You're gravely mistaking a consciense for a sense of guilt....A good shrink will be able to help you with such distinctions.

You are more off base than ever. :)

What's amazing is that the same people who benefit from corporations, patents, copyrights, courts, contract law, roads, and money itself (all creations of government) suddenly decide government is worthless when it comes time to pay their taxes.

It's like they're constantly sawing at the branch they're sitting on, while claiming they built the tree themselves.
Damn....You actually have to be trying to be this dopey.

All of those functions of lawful government operated just fine before 1913 and the income tax....There were plenty of taxes collected, too.

Next brain dead and entirely devoid of historical understanding red herring, anyone?

Not exactly fine, though. Lots of wealth disparity, and frequent booms and busts. Busts tend to leave the poor and middle class worse off, and the rich better off.

More pure bullshit.

Today's "poor" not only have it better than they ever have had it in America, they're wealthier than the "poor" in Europe and pretty much 99% of the rest of the world.

If you want to do missionary work, move to Kenya.

Who could that possibly help?

Those who speculate often do nothing else. They don't work, and then invest. They just speculate.

How about encouraging work in this country, by showing that we value work as much as we value speculation?

How did they get the money to invest to begin with?

All money comes from one place, originally: government.

OK...let's run with this one..how does it get from the Government hands into the rest of our hands?

More pure bullshit.

Today's "poor" not only have it better than they ever have had it in America, they're wealthier than the "poor" in Europe and pretty much 99% of the rest of the world.

See, it makes little difference if you're rich by Kenyan standards when you have to buy stuff in America.

We're seeing the middle class drop in terms of income and in prospects. And it's a direct result of Reagan's anti-people policies.

So why is it that our tax code favors income gotten through speculation over honest work?

"Speculation" is investments. Honest work was required (and taxed accordingly) before 'speculation' happened.

If you saved $10k (after tax income) and 'speculate' with it, that is your choice. If by choosing what you 'speculate' in , you happen to realize returns from your initial 'speculation', you pay a lower tax rate on your return.
Alternatively, if you lose your entire 'speculation' you don't get to write off the loss.

The tax code encourages the import of investing in our country

We could just do away with 'speculators' and everyone hide their money under their mattress.

Did that help?

I don't get hour point. Is it that rich people all got their start by honest hard work? Or that they'd prefer not to get any interest at all, rather than pay the same tax that working people do? Or is it something else?

Re-read for comprehension.

More pure bullshit.

See, it makes little difference if you're rich by Kenyan standards when you have to buy stuff in America.

We're seeing the middle class drop in terms of income and in prospects. And it's a direct result of Reagan's anti-people policies.
Blabalblablabla....More blame-it-on-anyone-who-hasn't-a-(D)-by-their-name chickenshit.

Grow up, move out of the basement, and get a grip on who really pays the freight.

I am pleased you learned something from my post!

Profits from 'speculation' is taxed under something called Capital Gains Tax, but for you I think we should change the name to "Speculation Profit Tax".
:D

Sure, I didn't know that before. :lmao:

:lol: I know you didn't or the questions you asked wouldn't have needed an answer! :badgrin:

More pure bullshit.

Blabalblablabla....More blame-it-on-anyone-who-hasn't-a-(D)-by-their-name chickenshit.

Grow up, move out of the basement, and get a grip on who really pays the freight.

Oh, I know that Democrats have participated. I also know who started us down this track-Ronald Reagan. And I know who pays the freight-those of us who work for a living. :)

I am pleased you learned something from my post!

Profits from 'speculation' is taxed under something called Capital Gains Tax, but for you I think we should change the name to "Speculation Profit Tax".
:D

:lol: I know you didn't or the questions you asked wouldn't have needed an answer! :badgrin:

Why not slow down so your posts convey meaning?

Guess what, Scooter, American history didn't start the day that you were born....Nor was everything sunshine, peace and love beads until Reagan was elected.

Now, isn't it getting to be past your bed time?

Guess what, Scooter, American history didn't start the day that you were born....Nor was everything sunshine, peace and love beads until Reagan was elected.

Now, isn't it getting to be past your bed time?

Yes, yes, cute, cute. But you're evading the point-Reagan's policies got us to this bad place. Electing someone to government who hated the government turned out to be as dumb an idea as it sounds like on the surface.

Bullshit.

Reagan merely replaced 12+% inflation and 20+% interest rates, brought about by the idiotic and ham-handed policies of the previous three administrations, with the deficits....In the meantime, nobody has done a thing to put the brakes on the impending train wreck set in motion by those policies.

The accumulation of nearly all of the outstanding debt -less Boiking's spending bender- today can be traced back to the LBJ's foolish Medicare, Great Society and the Vietnamese war....All of which were completely unfunded....And both Nixon and Carter floored the debt accelerator pedal.

Last edited:
Bullshit.

Reagan merely replaced 12+% inflation and 20+% interest rates, brought about by the idiotic and ham-handed policies of the previous three administrations, with the deficits....In the meantime, nobody has done a thing to put the brakes on the impending train wreck set in motion by those policies.

The accumulation of nearly all of the outstanding debt -less Boiking's spending bender- today can be traced back to the LBJ's foolish Medicare, Great Society and the Vietnamese war....All of which were completely unfunded....And both Nixon and Carter floored the debt accelerator pedal.

Oh, Reagan was good at deficit spending, that's for sure. That's what I'm talking about. He pushed the idea that we didn't have to pay for government, and folks still believe that's true. :cuckoo:

The deficit spending started the very moment that the 12+% inflation rate and the 20+% interest rates fell....You can look it up....In fact, I defy you to.

Those economic factors can be directly traced to the debt problems caused by Medicare, the Great Society welfare state and the Vietnam war...All of which had no funding mechanisms in place to pay for them....Again, you can look it up.

The deficit spending started the very moment that the 12+% inflation rate and the 20+% interest rates fell....You can look it up....In fact, I defy you to.

Those economic factors can be directly traced to the debt problems caused by Medicare, the Great Society welfare state and the Vietnam war...All of which had no funding mechanisms in place to pay for them....Again, you can look it up.

You defy me to do your work? You're a libertarian, all right. :lmao:

Reagan was a big spender, he ran up deficits like crazy, and he told people that tax cuts would increase revenue. Just like the nuts of today.

Medicare and Great Society programs were good for the country. Good for medicine, good for families who used to have to take money from the family budget to pay for Grandpa's surgery, good for agriculture, good for business.

Oh, I know that Democrats have participated. I also know who started us down this track-Ronald Reagan. And I know who pays the freight-those of us who work for a living. :)

Why not slow down so your posts convey meaning?

How much slower would you like me to go for you??? :D

You defy me to do your work? You're a libertarian, all right. :lmao:

Reagan was a big spender, he ran up deficits like crazy, and he told people that tax cuts would increase revenue. Just like the nuts of today.

Medicare and Great Society programs were good for the country. Good for medicine, good for families who used to have to take money from the family budget to pay for Grandpa's surgery, good for agriculture, good for business.
Reagan didn't control the congress...They're the ones who do the spending...Did you flunk Civics 101?

I don't give a flying fuck as to whether you *believe* that the Great Society and Medicare have been good for the country...The point and fact of the matter is that they, along with the Vietnam war, are largely responsible for the lion's share of the federal debt that brought about the exorbitant inflation and interest rates of the 70s and early 80s.

If you think that 12+% inflation and 20+% interest rates are worth all the promises of unicorns, fairies and free lunches of the Great Society, then you're an even bigger fool than I thought...And that's saying something.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back