Confirmed: Trump’s big U.S.-China trade deal was a flop

Mr. 'Art of the Deal' has always been a fraud. More confirmation:

Confirmed: Trump’s big U.S.-China trade deal was a flop

“It just doesn’t get any better than this," President Donald Trump proclaimed in January 2020 as he signed a partial trade deal with China. Mr. Trump heralded the pact as “historic” and “momentous.” He touted his dealmaking abilities for getting China to commit to purchase an extra $200 billion of U.S. products in the next two years.

The results are in: China didn’t buy anything extra from the United States.

The purchases of U.S. exports that China did make in the past two years barely got back to the amount China was purchasing in 2017 — before Mr. Trump started his trade war, according to calculations by Chad P. Bown of the Peterson Institute for International Economics. U.S. exporters will never get back the sales they lost, and few have seen any meaningful growth in their sales to China under the “deal.” “The only undisputed ‘historical’ aspect of that agreement is its failure,” said Mr. Bown.
Over a year later after he hasn't been in charge. The plan is a failure? Smells like you cuck Biden is to blame. How is your bitch Hillary doing? Lol

7% GDP growth and 4% unemployment in the midst of a pandemic says the economy as a whole is doing pretty well
Yes everyone is paying about 30% more for everything. Run with that in November, you cannot bullshit anymore. I love karma, except that it is hurting Americans. Your party is evil.

Yes everyone is paying about 30% more for everything. Run with that in November, you cannot bullshit anymore. I love karma, except that it is hurting Americans. Your party is evil.
How does 7% inflation equal "paying about 30% more for everything" idiot?

Who is POTUS now? I remember the deal has a penalty for not fulfilling the requirements.

Forum List

Back