Congress Finally Challenges the Cuba Travel Ban

/——-/ The simple question is your simple mind confuses Libertarianism with Conservatism. .

You, the big government loving, Trump loving, deficit loving, Republican stooge is now claiming to be a Libertarian?

Fuck dude, you have never met a problem that you did not think the Govt was the answer to.

:21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::21::21::21::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The fact that you went to all the trouble to post all these smilies is very telling.

It is called copy and paste, takes about 4 seconds.
Childish.

Suck it up snowflake.

/----/ " Republican stooge is now claiming to be a Libertarian? "
Sadly your simple mind has let you down again. Your post said "a Conservative, support the Fed Govt telling you where you can and cannot go?" And my reply is that would be a Libertarian belief, not a Conservative one. I am a conservative and never have been a libertarian. Geeeze you are not very bright.

Well, that makes more sense.

Though you threw me off because the idea that Fed Govt telling you where you can and cannot go is a Conservative ideal is fucking stupid.

Conservatives used to support small government and limited intervention in our lives...and now you tell me they support the Fed Govt telling us where we can and cannot go.

You sir are no Conservative, you are nothing but a statist.
/---/ OK, I could have been clearer. Sorry. The Government isn't telling me I can't go as much as it's telling Cuba we can't travel there and spend our US dollars. It's to punish Cuba, not Americans. As I pointed out earlier, you can go to Cuba via Mexico, and return home the same way -- if the Cubans don't charge you with being a CIA spy and toss you in prison for life. I don't see anything worthwhile in Cuba to go through the bother. I'd rather spend my time in the Florida Keys and experience the same climate.

Sadly your simple mind has let you down again. Your post said "a Conservative, support the Fed Govt telling you where you can and cannot go?" And my reply is that would be a Libertarian belief, not a Conservative one. I am a conservative and never have been a libertarian. Geeeze you are not very bright.

Though you threw me off because the idea that Fed Govt telling you where you can and cannot go is a Conservative ideal is fucking stupid.

Conservatives used to support small government and limited intervention in our lives...and now you tell me they support the Fed Govt telling us where we can and cannot go.

/---/ OK, I could have been clearer. Sorry. The Government isn't telling me I can't go as much as it's telling Cuba we can't travel there and spend our US dollars. It's to punish Cuba, not Americans. As I pointed out earlier, you can go to Cuba via Mexico, and return home the same way -- if the Cubans don't charge you with being a CIA spy and toss you in prison for life. I don't see anything worthwhile in Cuba to go through the bother. I'd rather spend my time in et Florida Keys and experience the same climate.

Okay, but why are Americans allowed to visit and spend money in China but not Cuba? China is every bit as dictatorial and oppressive as Cuba, if not a bit more so. Where does the government get off telling anyone where they can go on a vacation, as long as they are not going there for criminal purposes?

/---/ OK, I could have been clearer. Sorry. The Government isn't telling me I can't go as much as it's telling Cuba we can't travel there and spend our US dollars. It's to punish Cuba, not Americans. As I pointed out earlier, you can go to Cuba via Mexico, and return home the same way -- if the Cubans don't charge you with being a CIA spy and toss you in prison for life. I don't see anything worthwhile in Cuba to go through the bother. I'd rather spend my time in et Florida Keys and experience the same climate.

Yes, the Govt is telling you that you cannot go to Cuba unless you leave this country first.

Why is that the job of the Govt?

I have no desire to go to Cuba either, that is not the point. The point is that today it is Cuba, next week it might be some where else. It is not their fucking job to play nanny and tell me where to go and not go

Okay, but why are Americans allowed to visit and spend money in China but not Cuba? China is every bit as dictatorial and oppressive as Cuba, if not a bit more so.

Or Saudi Arabia?

Okay, but why are Americans allowed to visit and spend money in China but not Cuba? China is every bit as dictatorial and oppressive as Cuba, if not a bit more so. Where does the government get off telling anyone where they can go on a vacation, as long as they are not going there for criminal purposes?
/---/ I never said the policies were consistent. I agree travel to any Commie regime should be banned not only for political reasons but for our safety as well. You can be jailed for any reason or no reason and you have no rights.

Have at it dude! You might find yourself having a hard time getting a passport and a visa!
Which is my whole point.
Oh really. It’s been that way my whole life. The gov does tell us where we can go and when we can come back. It’s called passports and visas. The only people who can travel wherever they want without government control are the illegals.
That is what makes me laugh when the U.S. claims to be the Leader of Freedom and having more freedom than any other country on earth. I am from Sweden. We have NO TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS whatsoever.

Have at it dude! You might find yourself having a hard time getting a passport and a visa!
Which is my whole point.
Oh really. It’s been that way my whole life. The gov does tell us where we can go and when we can come back. It’s called passports and visas. The only people who can travel wherever they want without government control are the illegals.
That is what makes me laugh when the U.S. claims to be the Leader of Freedom and having more freedom than any other country on earth. I am from Sweden. We have NO TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS whatsoever.
What does it take to travel to Sweden? Do I need a passport? A visa? Or Nothing at all?

Which is my whole point.
What does it take to travel to Sweden? Do I need a passport? A visa? Or Nothing at all?

Just a passport proving you are who you said you were. My daughter went there last year very last minute. No visa or anything. Hell, she didn't even ask the Fed Govt for permission like you think she is supposed to do

Which is my whole point.

Just a passport proving you are who you said you were. My daughter went there last year very last minute. No visa or anything. Hell, she didn't even ask the Fed Govt for permission like you think she is supposed to do
So there are restrictions as to who may enter Sweden and how long they may stay! Fancy that.

“The bipartisan bill I will introduce on Monday is about the right of Americans, not Cubans, to travel,” Senator Patrick Leahy stated, as he prepared to introduce the “Freedom for Americans to Travel to Cuba Act of 2019” this week. “Every member of Congress,” he declared, “especially those who have been to Cuba, should oppose restrictions on American citizens that have no place in the law books of a free society.”

In the House, Congressmen James McGovern and Tom Emmer introduced identical legislation last week, setting the stage for Congress to debate President Trump’s ongoing efforts to restrict travel in order to score electoral points in Florida. Although congressional proponents of free travel to Cuba have tried, and failed, to lift existing restrictions in the past, Trump’s recent flagrant assault on freedom to travel, along with the natural constituency of millions of citizens who have flocked to Cuba over the past few years, may combine to give this latest legislative initiative a better chance of success.

Few people are aware that Cuba is the only nation in the world to which a congressional statute prohibits US citizens from traveling for a simple vacation.
From the end of the Eisenhower administration to the mid-1990s, restrictions on travel, like the trade embargo itself, fell under executive authority; the restrictions were imposed by the president and could be rescinded by the president. That changed in 1996, when President Clinton signed the punitive Helms-Burton Act, which codified the embargo into law, along with restrictions on travel. After Clinton moved to create exemptions that would allow travel to Cuba for specific, non-touristic, purposes—journalism, education, religious activities, business transactions, professional meetings, etc.—Congress amended the Trade Sanctions Reform and Export Enhancement Act of 2000 to read: “the Secretary of the Treasury may not authorize travel-related transactions for travel to, from, or within Cuba for tourist activities.”

Congress Finally Challenges the Cuba Travel Ban

I'm planning to open a banana boat rental place on Guantanamo beach.
IMG_0245.JPG
/—-/ Cubans work for slave wages at the resorts. That why you’re angry you can’t go.

Workers in China and India work for slave wages, nobody prohibits you from traveling there

That's a lot of potentially cheap beachfront property there.
And we fly over Cuba to get to Jamaica and the Caymans.
That tourism ban could be dropped, if Cuba would do the right thing and return the land stolen from American companies that were there when Batista was still in charge.
LOL

Maybe after we return the land we stole from the Indians

Which is my whole point.

So there are restrictions as to who may enter Sweden and how long they may stay! Fancy that.

Yes, put there by Sweden, not the US Fed Govt.

Every country has restrictions as to who may enter.

not many others tell their citizens where they may and may not go.

Why do you need the Fed Govt to tell you where to go and not go?

Which is my whole point.
/——/So the Swedish Government doesn’t give a rat’s patoot what happens to you. Sad.

That's a lot of potentially cheap beachfront property there.
And we fly over Cuba to get to Jamaica and the Caymans.
That tourism ban could be dropped, if Cuba would do the right thing and return the land stolen from American companies that were there when Batista was still in charge.
LOL

Maybe after we return the land we stole from the Indians
/—-/ Injuns stole land from each other and from those here when they migrated from Russia.

Which is my whole point.
/——/So the Swedish Government doesn’t give a rat’s patoot what happens to you. Sad.

Why do you need the Fed Govt to be your nanny? Can you not make choices for yourself?

Which is my whole point.

/—-/ Scroll down to safety and security for an eye opener: Sweden International Travel Information

Which is my whole point.

Why do you need the Fed Govt to be your nanny? Can you not make choices for yourself?
/——/ I don’t and that’s why I’ll never vote for a democRAT

/—-/ Scroll down to safety and security for an eye opener: Sweden International Travel Information

Was in Sweden years ago, my son went there regularly on business. It’s olay as a country, certainly not where I would want to live. Lots in the news a few years back about people setting off explosives and hand grenades, never did understand that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back