Congress recommends charges against Trump dossier author!

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC, a senior committee member, told the Justice Department they believe Christopher Steele, the former British spy who helped put together the dossier, lied to federal authorities about his communications with American journalists.

Grassley and Graham reportedly delivered a letter, as well as a classified memo, to Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein and FBI Director

From link above

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC, a senior committee member, told the Justice Department they believe Christopher Steele, the former British spy who helped put together the dossier, lied to federal authorities about his communications with American journalists.

Grassley and Graham reportedly delivered a letter, as well as a classified memo, to Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein and FBI Director

From link above
Did the FBI (assuming they are the federal authorities) say that Christopher Steele lied to them?

What would Cuck Grassley know about what Christopher Steele says to the FBI? Nothing.

More-

Steele, a former MI6 agent, compiled the dossier during the presidential campaign while working for Fusion GPS, an opposition research firm that was on the payroll of the Clinton campaign and DNC.

As part of that project, Fusion instructed Steele to brief reporters from numerous news outlets, including The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN, Mother Jones and Yahoo! News. Steele also met with FBI agents beginning in July 2016 to share rumors that he had picked up while investigating Donald Trump’s alleged ties to Russia.

Grassley and Graham did not specify what information they had about Steele that they say warrants a criminal investigation.

But they wrote: “Based on the information contained therein, we are respectfully referring Mr. Steele to you for investigation of potential violations of 18 U.S.C. § 1001, for statements the Committee has reason to believe Mr. Steele made regarding his distribution of information contained in the dossier.”
Christopher Steele Has Been Referred To The FBI For Criminal Investigation

Republican Senators Recommend Charges Against Author of Trump Dossier

JUST THE START BABY! Hell yeah! Get ready for a hell of a 2018!

Lets say Trump murdered a baby in the Lincoln bedroom and then someone leaked it. Who would you be more upset with Trump or the leaker?
What race was the baby? :D Oh and remember its democrats that enjoy that kind of thing....pizzagate etc.

Benghazi!

Lol Mueller is impeccable and fair, unbiased FBI Public Servant.

US Congress is a bunch of GOPedo 31% losers who won't be in office another 2 years let alone 4.
ROFLMAO Mueller is a scumbag liberal and this isn't going to Mueller but the actual FBI who THANKFULLY now is not run by a corrupt political hack.
Now he's a liberal? Just because he won't "play ball"? You fucking hacks.

Wow, you must be on Steele’s payroll. Or is it fusions, or the dnc or Hillary’s?

From link above
Did the FBI (assuming they are the federal authorities) say that Christopher Steele lied to them?

What would Cuck Grassley know about what Christopher Steele says to the FBI? Nothing.

Lets say Trump murdered a baby in the Lincoln bedroom and then someone leaked it. Who would you be more upset with Trump or the leaker?
What race was the baby? :D Oh and remember its democrats that enjoy that kind of thing....pizzagate etc.

Benghazi!

US Congress is a bunch of GOPedo 31% losers who won't be in office another 2 years let alone 4.
ROFLMAO Mueller is a scumbag liberal and this isn't going to Mueller but the actual FBI who THANKFULLY now is not run by a corrupt political hack.
Look at who he has loaded his team with....Trump hating,American hating liberals....so yep!

I'm not on their payroll I just think it's hilarious to watch re-pube-lickers try to distract from a legitimate FBI investigation by using their partisan cuckery.

Wonder if it has to do with the documents released to Nunes?

It apparently does.

Which in itself gives a window into how this is likely just political theater - they're referring documents they got from the DoJ back to them as evidence of criminal charges.

It's also worth noting that the supposed crimes they found are confidential and therefore they can't tell us what they are - what laws were broken, and how. Which makes their decision to publicize it that much more suspect.

Actually they referred it under 18 USC §1001
And the documents could have been from the fbi, not the doj. We shall wait and see. They have been stonewalling since Aug. there was a reason.

It apparently does.

Which in itself gives a window into how this is likely just political theater - they're referring documents they got from the DoJ back to them as evidence of criminal charges.

It's also worth noting that the supposed crimes they found are confidential and therefore they can't tell us what they are - what laws were broken, and how. Which makes their decision to publicize it that much more suspect.

Actually they referred it under 18USC §1001
And the documents could have been from the fbi, not the doj. We shall wait and see. They have been stonewalling since Aug.

It apparently does.

First of all, the FBI is part of the DoJ - specifically, the criminal investigative arm of the DoJ. If they're making a "criminal referral", who are they sending it to, if not the FBI?

As for 18 USC § 1001: That's lying to a federal officer.

As in, they think they've caught Steele in a lie to the FBI, based on information that the FBI gave them in the first place. Don't you think the FBI would have caught that, if it had actually happened?

They can't tell us what he lied about, or what evidence they have that he lied - but they still felt the need to publicize it. I wonder why?

Benghazi!

Look at who he has loaded his team with....Trump hating,American hating liberals....so yep!

It's not fair unless one of these guys is in charge of the investigation right?

I guess the Clinton investigation wasn't fair then either. THis is some funny shit. Republicans are in charge and a Republican gets appointed to look into this by republicans but you're saying he's not republican enough?

Who appointed Meuller?

Actually they referred it under 18USC §1001
And the documents could have been from the fbi, not the doj. We shall wait and see. They have been stonewalling since Aug.

It apparently does.

First of all, the FBI is part of the DoJ - specifically, the criminal investigative arm of the DoJ. If they're making a "criminal referral", who are they sending it to, if not the FBI?

As for 18 USC § 1001: That's lying to a federal officer.

As in, they think they've caught Steele in a lie to the FBI, based on information that the FBI gave them in the first place. Don't you think the FBI would have caught that, if it had actually happened?

They can't tell us what he lied about, or what evidence they have that he lied - but they still felt the need to publicize it. I wonder why?
It's more broad, that's why they are using it.

The code they are using is so broad anyone can be investigated for it at any time, and very unlikely to be convicted.

GOP senators refer Trump dossier author for federal investigation

'Two top Republican senators have formally recommended that the Justice Department and FBI investigate the author of the controversial anti-Trump “dossier,” in the first known criminal referral from Congress as part of lawmakers’ Russia probes.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., made the referral in a Jan. 4-dated letter to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray. The move ramps up congressional Republicans’ investigation of the salacious document and those involved in creating it, as Special Counsel Robert Mueller continues to probe Russian meddling in the 2016 election and possible collusion with Trump associates.

The dossier was authored by former British intelligence agent Christopher Steele, who was hired by opposition research firm Fusion GPS. In their brief letter, the GOP lawmakers cited potential violations for false statements “the Committee has reason to believe Mr. Steele made regarding his distribution of information contained in the dossier.”

'Boomerang'! Bwuhahahaha...what a bit@h! :lmao:

"The Times reported that the senators claim Steele may have lied to federal authorities specifically about his contacts with reporters regarding the dossier contents. The Times said the referral is likely based on newly obtained reports of Steele's meetings with the FBI."

Benghazi!

I guess the Clinton investigation wasn't fair then either. THis is some funny shit. Republicans are in charge and a Republican gets appointed to look into this by republicans but you're saying he's not republican enough?

Who appointed Meuller?
The PREVIOUS Clinton investigation has been shown to be corrupt from beginning to end. I know you saw the reports.

Benghazi!

Who appointed Meuller?
The PREVIOUS Clinton investigation has been shown to be corrupt from beginning to end. I know you saw the reports.

If I told you Trump was banging your wife you wouldn't believe it. Even if I showed you him banging your wife you wouldn't believe it. You'd ask me if I actually saw the penis penetrate the vagina. If all I saw was his ass and your wifes feet wrapped around his torso you would say that proves nothing. LOL.

Who appointed Meuller?

If I told you Trump was banging your wife you wouldn't believe it. Even if I showed you him banging your wife you wouldn't believe it. You'd ask me if I actually saw the penis penetrate the vagina. If all I saw was his ass and your wifes feet wrapped around his torso you would say that proves nothing. LOL.
The disgusting mentality of a liberal on display.

Who appointed Meuller?

The disgusting mentality of a liberal on display.

Really? All I had to do is go to your profile page and find this quote from you ya fucking nazi.

If there is one thing in this wonderful world of ours that is worth preserving, defending, and promoting, it is the White Race.

What's that all about weirdo? Who gives a fuck what shade your great great great grandkids are as long as they are happy and healthy. They could be black jews for all I care.

Forum List

Back