Congressional staffer resigns after posting racist comments on Facebook

Media Matters never sleeps.

They published the news? What is wrong with that. Are you a little embarrassed that the GOP racist side is being exposed. He also made racist comments about blacks that were walking through his neighborhood. His racism and hate knows no bounds!

See, the headline is misleading. He didnt compare black people to animals. He compared some specific black people who were behaving like animals to animals.

And you are a LIAR...which is news to no one...

In an October 2013 post, Cole also made fun of black people walking near his apartment in Washington D.C.

"So apparently the closing of the National Zoo has forced animals to conduct their mating rituals on my street. #gentrifytoday Pt.1," Cole wrote according to Think Progress, which first reported the news.

And this is from the linked article. Can you read or are you just stupid?

Read more: Rep. Aaron Schock s Communications Director Resigned

Congressional staffer resigns after posting racist Facebook comments - Business Insider

I heard this on the news and when I Googled it, I found similar incidents by GOP staffers for the past several years. Do GOP congressmen look for racist staffers when they advertise?

"Must have a 'colorful" sense of humor....."

Under that standard, Obama should resign as well

You are off your meds again Frank. Go take your pills please.

See, the headline is misleading. He didnt compare black people to animals. He compared some specific black people who were behaving like animals to animals.

In an October 2013 post, Cole also made fun of black people walking near his apartment in Washington D.C.

"So apparently the closing of the National Zoo has forced animals to conduct their mating rituals on my street. #gentrifytoday Pt.1," Cole wrote according to Think Progress, which first reported the news.

You are truly King of the Hill of clueless morons on this site. You quote a part of the article where he complains about how some people are behaving, which was exactly my point, andthen call me a liar.

big deal. When did we lose our first amendment right to free speech?

A common mistake.
The First Amendment doesn't guarantee your right to say whatever you want, whenever you want, and wherever you want. It also doesn't prevent your boss from firing you or asking for your resignation over stupid comments. It just means you can't be arrested or sued successfully.

A common mistake.
The First Amendment doesn't guarantee your right to say whatever you want, whenever you want, and wherever you want. It also doesn't prevent your boss from firing you or asking for your resignation over stupid comments. It just means you can't be arrested or sued successfully.
That's stunningly wrong.
You have the right to say whatever you want, whenever you, whereever you want, subject to some very narrow exceptions.
If people are punished for their speech then effectively there is no free speech. It's like saying you can say what you want as long as being deported to the gulag is OK with you.

'Cole wrote on his Facebook page that he thought, "They should build a mosque on White House grounds." He also wrote in the comments of that post that "It would be nice for the President to have his own house of worship, since he's not been able to find one suitable in DC since 2004 when he moved here."'

He sounds just like one of our own USMB rightwing nitwits.
Where do you think our USMB bigots get their cues from?

A common mistake.
That's stunningly wrong.
You have the right to say whatever you want, whenever you, whereever you want, subject to some very narrow exceptions.
If people are punished for their speech then effectively there is no free speech. It's like saying you can say what you want as long as being deported to the gulag is OK with you.
You can say whatever you want. Just don't whine that your free speech is being repressed if no one wants to hire your bigoted ass.

So go ahead. Say whatever you wish.

A common mistake.
That's stunningly wrong.
You can say whatever you want. Just don't whine that your free speech is being repressed if no one wants to hire your bigoted ass.

EXACTLY.

People are free to express themselves. And everyone else (including their boss) is entitled to express themselves in their response.

If you squash the response - you squash free speech.

You are truly King of the Hill of clueless morons on this site. You quote a part of the article where he complains about how some people are behaving, which was exactly my point, andthen call me a liar.

So you don't see his point of noting that the zoo was closed. He is a racist and you are defending him. I guess your kind are the pride of the GOP? And you ask why the black community votes Democratic? REALLY?

A common mistake.
That's stunningly wrong.

EXACTLY.

People are free to express themselves. And everyone else (including their boss) is entitled to express themselves in their response.

If you squash the response - you squash free speech.

YUP! And a boss is free to fire them for being racist. And society is free to label them and shun them. It is all about freedom. The good thing for Repub racist on USMB is they can hid behind a screen name.

So you don't see his point of noting that the zoo was closed. He is a racist and you are defending him. I guess your kind are the pride of the GOP? And you ask why the black community votes Democratic? REALLY?
He;s not a racist and your race card has reached its limit and been declined.

A common mistake.
That's stunningly wrong.

I thought blacklists went out with the McCarthy era. I recall that liberals were outraged that Hollywood blacklisted writers and actors just because they had some vague connection to Communists.
Liberals are the new fascists.

Never fear....the guy has a future as a FoxNews contributor

A common mistake.
That's stunningly wrong.

I thought blacklists went out with the McCarthy era. I recall that liberals were outraged that Hollywood blacklisted writers and actors just because they had some vague connection to Communists.

People expressed their disagreement with blacklists - just like the First Amendment protects. Did anyone get arrested for having a blacklist or were they forced to hire people suspected of communist sympathies?

Free speech in action - both ways. Because if it doesn't go both ways - you don't have free speech. You are confusing people expressing their opinion with First Amendment restraints.

It doesn't restrain your First Amendment rights for me to say you are an idiot and no one should listen to you. And it doesn't restrain your First Amendment rights if a whole lot of people agree.

Free speech does NOT mean speech without consequence.

A common mistake.
That's stunningly wrong.

Hyperbolic bullshit.

My employees represent my company. I will lose customers if I have a bigoted asshole working for me, so I would fire him.

That's not blacklisting.

Forum List

Back