🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Congressman: U.S. is heading towards a second civil war

I've lived like that. I come from an area that until the last 40 years, the only roads that were paved were either in towns or the US Highway Systems. Things have changed. I still enjoy visiting the outback areas and spending time there. But I have to go a bit further to get to them these days. You seem to forget that I am High Country Rocky Mountain Stock, Born and Bred. I just choose not to live like that anymore. It's nice to revisit it once in awhile but I am just too old to do it anymore for a living. Someday, you are going to have to move closer to town as well.
The the older I get the more set in my ways I become... I become more libertarian every day that goes by

I just did some research on Libertarian and find that you are cherry picking even that. I am actually closer to a libertarian than you are. A Libertarian is NOT set in his ways. He is capable of learning and adapting. And he cares about his fellow man (generic term). And he doesn't speak for others. He only speaks for himself. When is views harm others or allow others to be harmed them he MUST do a rethink. There is a lot of what makes up a Libertarian other than the distrust of all Governments. In fact, this country was founded by a bunch of Libertarians and much of what they believed still holds fast today. They believed that Government was necessary. You are just cherry picking what a libertarian is.
The base of being a libertarian is absolute distrust of the federal government...
Everything else is secondary

Wrong. It's the wariness of ANY Government. But the acceptance that governments are needed. You are cherry picking.
The federal government is so infinitely large, Nothing good can come from it.
It can longer be considered a government… It’s a collective

Once again, you got caught in your lie. Get over it and move on to your next nonsense. I wait with baited breath.

The the older I get the more set in my ways I become... I become more libertarian every day that goes by

I just did some research on Libertarian and find that you are cherry picking even that. I am actually closer to a libertarian than you are. A Libertarian is NOT set in his ways. He is capable of learning and adapting. And he cares about his fellow man (generic term). And he doesn't speak for others. He only speaks for himself. When is views harm others or allow others to be harmed them he MUST do a rethink. There is a lot of what makes up a Libertarian other than the distrust of all Governments. In fact, this country was founded by a bunch of Libertarians and much of what they believed still holds fast today. They believed that Government was necessary. You are just cherry picking what a libertarian is.
The base of being a libertarian is absolute distrust of the federal government...

Wrong. It's the wariness of ANY Government. But the acceptance that governments are needed. You are cherry picking.

Once again, you got caught in your lie. Get over it and move on to your next nonsense. I wait with baited breath.
The united nations controls the federal government/deep state...

The united nations controls the federal government/deep state...

Wow, we are deep into the Conspiracy section. Maybe the powers that be in here will just move this to that area and be done with it. Paddle Faster, I think I hear Banjos.

Actually retard 49 percent of households have firearms.

The actual figure is 42%.
Government says 47 percent

LOL.....:113:
As far as they know......
I just say that cause of dumb asses that claim only 22 percent have firearms or claim that 3 percent own all the firearms.

How about stop lying already. No one in here said that. And I read every post. Are you saying I am the dumbass that said it? If so, let's get a cite to that post. Oh, what the hell, let's see the cite to that post anyway no matter who you claim said it. I doubt if it exists. Tell the 3rd voice on the left of your brain to stop coming up with this nonsense.
Look you flaming dumb ass a liberal said that 78 percent of all Americans do not own fire arms. That you did not see i does not change that he said it. And someone else claimed that most firearms are owned by 3 percent of the population. Selective memory on your part does not require me to jump through hoops.

78% of Americans don't own guns. 7 million Americans own 160 million guns. Trump supporters are armed, & America is headed to civil war!

I wonder what Government. I quoted a Gallup Poll that is about as accurate as any other out there. He wants to argue about a lousy 5%. Fine, you got your 47%. Was it worth it?

I'm pretty sure you missed my point entirely....

People on both sides of the political spectrum are too busy with their I phones, TV shows, internet streaming, over eating, other "pleasures" of life, and responsibilities to worry, or even consider a civil war that would burst their little comfort bubble.

I just say that cause of dumb asses that claim only 22 percent have firearms or claim that 3 percent own all the firearms.

How about stop lying already. No one in here said that. And I read every post. Are you saying I am the dumbass that said it? If so, let's get a cite to that post. Oh, what the hell, let's see the cite to that post anyway no matter who you claim said it. I doubt if it exists. Tell the 3rd voice on the left of your brain to stop coming up with this nonsense.
Look you flaming dumb ass a liberal said that 78 percent of all Americans do not own fire arms. That you did not see i does not change that he said it. And someone else claimed that most firearms are owned by 3 percent of the population. Selective memory on your part does not require me to jump through hoops.

And you know I am a liberal for sure? Or am I just fact checking your nonsense. Yah, I know the routine. Someones friend, brothers cousin, best buddy, visiting gardener, who was married to someone that knew someone else that ......... Be specific if you are going to make such an outlandish claim. Otherwise, you are going to get fact checked.

I wonder what Government. I quoted a Gallup Poll that is about as accurate as any other out there. He wants to argue about a lousy 5%. Fine, you got your 47%. Was it worth it?

I'm pretty sure you missed my point entirely....

I was addressing the dutysgt's comments. In a way, I was agreeing with you. But if you wanna fight, let's go behind the cabbage shed and have at it. Fighting in here is like kissing your sister. While it might work for some, it's not really for me.

How about all progressives moving to the Left Coast. Washington to Southern Ca.....you can have the whole swath and have at it....social engineer to your hearts content, go!! 'Cause I'm thinking one day, might have zero choices left....just sayin':113:. You know and that'd bite the big one.

America is more divided than the time there was a civil war. there just might be another 1!

I can't see how this civil war can be avoided unless all those states that seceded during the last administration come back into the fold.

I can't see how this civil war can be avoided unless all those states that seceded during the last administration come back into the fold.
Only well regulated militia of the United States, may not be Infringed when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union.

Which became null and void as of the 1917 National Guard Act. The 2nd amendment hasn't kept up with the rest of the Constitution. The Constitution is supposed to be a living document. The 2nd amendment needs to be updated to keep it current.

Only well regulated militia of the United States, may not be Infringed when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union.

Which became null and void as of the 1917 National Guard Act. The 2nd amendment hasn't kept up with the rest of the Constitution. The Constitution is supposed to be a living document. The 2nd amendment needs to be updated to keep it current.
Again for the slow and stupid there is no requirement for militia service to exercise your 2nd amendment right. The English language is not your friend when you make that ignorant claim.

1776.jpg

Again for the slow and stupid there is no requirement for militia service to exercise your 2nd amendment right. The English language is not your friend when you make that ignorant claim.

In Law, if any part of a law is proven to be false then the whole law shall be thrown out. And the first two thirds of the 2nd amendment has been superceded making the whole thing null and void. We need it updated to keep it current. Otherwise, the many and various interpretations that we see today will continue. Most are half baked. We need to tighten up the law.

In Law, if any part of a law is proven to be false then the whole law shall be thrown out. And the first two thirds of the 2nd amendment has been superceded making the whole thing null and void. We need it updated to keep it current. Otherwise, the many and various interpretations that we see today will continue. Most are half baked. We need to tighten up the law.
The first part of the 2nd amendment does NOT declare that ONLY militias are the reason for the 2nd you loon, learn how the English language works.

The first part of the 2nd amendment does NOT declare that ONLY militias are the reason for the 2nd you loon, learn how the English language works.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,

That pretty well ties the well regulated Militia to the State. Due to the need to call up the States National Guards for WWI in 1917 the National Guard Act of 1917 was passed that changed things. I suggest you research the National Guard Act before you keep blundering on. The first half of the 2nd amendment became null and void at that point due to the funding and training of the National Guard now being done by the Federal Government. Plus, the new weapons of war, no State or even Groups of States could come up with the money to come even close to going up against the Federal Government anymore. They also threw out the 75,000 maximum Standing Army rule for the Feds. The first line in the 2nd amendment worked okay but became more and more out of touch starting in 1850 as the weapons of war got more and more deadly and expensive. Even the last line becomes a bit vague as well. If you are saying that you want the 2nd amendment to say that you want to be armed with small arms to protect your home and family, rewrite it to read that way. Otherwise, it's to vague.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,

That pretty well ties the well regulated Militia to the State. Due to the need to call up the States National Guards for WWI in 1917 the National Guard Act of 1917 was passed that changed things. I suggest you research the National Guard Act before you keep blundering on. The first half of the 2nd amendment became null and void at that point due to the funding and training of the National Guard now being done by the Federal Government. Plus, the new weapons of war, no State or even Groups of States could come up with the money to come even close to going up against the Federal Government anymore. They also threw out the 75,000 maximum Standing Army rule for the Feds. The first line in the 2nd amendment worked okay but became more and more out of touch starting in 1850 as the weapons of war got more and more deadly and expensive. Even the last line becomes a bit vague as well. If you are saying that you want the 2nd amendment to say that you want to be armed with small arms to protect your home and family, rewrite it to read that way. Otherwise, it's to vague.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The above sentence is an array of phrases, each phrase save for the second receiving the action of the last phrase, which is a verb phrase. The first phrase is part of a list, same as the third phrase. Second phrase modifies and describes the first phrase only.

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms" is not described by "being necessary to the security of a free State"

Semantic Second Amendment arguments are political. The meaning is clear as written.

Is it me or are some people LARPING Americans around here?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back