Conn. Heavily Controls Guns : Result : 20 Children Slaughtered

Too funny, Israel employs the Civilian Soldier philosophy.

That was the most disconcerting I encountered when I was there, people were carrying their M-16's everywhere.

Nothing like riding a bus with armed folk.

QUOTE=Dick Tuck;6506440]
Israel may have restrictions upon gun ownership.

The point is, they still protect their school children from attack.

You won't see progressives advocating that. Children are expendable, and of little value except as political tools, to progressives.

You have no facts, other than that picture, on what's going on. Are they in a settlement area in occupied territory? Is that really the kids teacher?

As for you lying quip about viewing children as expendable, you're a pathetic excuse for a human being. I have no problem with better school security. You're also a fool to believe arming teachers is going to make our kids safer.[/QUOTE]

More bad news for the leftwing fascists:

ABC News

Black Friday 154,000 Firearms were sold

November 2012 : 2,000,000 MMMMillion

Ohh, Yeah Babe.

Why does that fill you with such joy?

It is super exciting to see that Americans are not buying the fascists left wingers bullshit.

Why would that be the case. I suggest it's the loony, paranoid wingnuts stockpiling multiple weapons, because they're stupid enough to believe that the gubmint is coming to take their guns away. No problem, higher gun ownership rates correlates with higher homicide rates. Wouldn't that mean a darwinist correction in the neandrathals?

Lanza's mother was a gun nut, who was stockpiling, wasn't she?

Why does that fill you with such joy?

It is super exciting to see that Americans are not buying the fascists left wingers bullshit.

Why would that be the case. I suggest it's the loony, paranoid wingnuts stockpiling multiple weapons, because they're stupid enough to believe that the gubmint is coming to take their guns away. No problem, higher gun ownership rates correlates with higher homicide rates. Wouldn't that mean a darwinist correction in the neandrathals?

You're wrong of course you knew that when you used that knee jerk reaction.
Gun-related violent crimes drop as sales soar in Va. - Richmond Times-Dispatch: Central Virginia

Gun-related violent crimes drop as sales soar in Va. - Richmond Times-Dispatch: Central Virginia

Crime has also dropped in other states over the past few years, in states like Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, etc.. We also know that states with the highest gun ownership rates have higher rates of gun crime, such as homicide and armed robbery.

That tells me that people arm themselves against armed criminals in those states.

Crime has also dropped in other states over the past few years, in states like Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, etc.. We also know that states with the highest gun ownership rates have higher rates of gun crime, such as homicide and armed robbery.

OMG dumb ass you just said
higher gun ownership rates correlates with higher homicide rates.
I just pointed out that you are wrong.
What part of Gun sales go up and crime comes down can't you comprehend?

States with Extremely High Populations of Gun Owners(more than 50%)

•1. Wyoming - 59.7%
•2. Alaska - 57.8%
•3. Montana - 57.7%
•4. South Dakota - 56.6%
•5. West Virginia - 55.4%
•6. Mississippi - 55.3%
•6. Idaho - 55.3%
•6. Arkansas - 55.3%
•9. Alabama - 51.7%
•10. North Dakota - 50.7%
States with High Populations of Gun Owners

•11. Kentucky - 47.7%
•12. Wisconsin - 44.4% (Battleground state. See Wisconsin in 2012 Elections.)
•13. Louisiana - 44.1%
•14. Utah - 43.9%
•14. Tennessee - 43.9%
•16. Oklahoma - 42.9%
•16. Iowa - 42.9% (Battleground state. See Iowa in 2012 Elections.)
•18. South Carolina - 42.3%
•19. Kansas - 42.1%
•20. Vermont - 42.0%

2009 State Sat Scores

Rate Reading Math Writing Total
1 Iowa 3% 610 615 588 1813
2 Wisconsin 5% 594 608 582 1784
3 Minnesota 7% 595 609 578 1782
4 Missouri 5% 595 600 584 1779
5 Illinois 6% 588 604 583 1775
6 Michigan 5% 584 603 575 1762
7 South Dakota 3% 589 600 569 1758
8 Nebraska 4% 587 594 572 1753
9 North Dakota 3% 590 593 566 1749
10 Kansas 7% 581 589 564 1734
11 Kentucky 7% 573 573 561 1707
12 Oklahoma 5% 575 571 557 1703
13 Tennessee 10% 571 565 565 1701
14 Arkansas 5% 572 572 556 1700
15 Colorado 20% 568 575 555 1698
16 Wyoming 5% 567 568 550 1685
17 Mississippi 4% 567 554 559 1680
18 Louisiana 7% 563 558 555 1676
19 Alabama 7% 557 552 549 1658
20 Utah 6% 559 558 540 1657

Seems to be some overlap. Whether you can say there is causality is up to debate.

Last edited:

States With Higher Levels of Gun Ownership Have Higher Homicide Rates - January 11, 2007 -2007 Releases - Press Releases - Harvard School of Public Health

States With Higher Levels of Gun Ownership Have Higher Homicide Rates - January 11, 2007 -2007 Releases - Press Releases - Harvard School of Public Health

A 2007 source?

How about a more recent one?

Read it slowly

Gun-related violent crimes drop as sales soar in Va.

Sorry bout that,

1. There should be at least one person in every school qualified to bare an arm, being sound minded, and proficient in shooting targets.
2. Wake up America.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. There should be at least one person in every school qualified to bare an arm, being sound minded, and proficient in shooting targets.
2. Wake up America.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Unfortunately we are being governed by nonthinking megalomanic demagogues. So they will prefer to further control firearms and create more conditions which will cause more massacres in the future.

I don't understand the adamant insistence that children not be protected.

Well, never mind..yes, I do. People need to stop pretending that people who insist we not protect our children are in the least bit interested in protecting them in the first place.

Who's saying that children shouldn't be protected?
That's ridiculous.

Correct, no one is saying children should not be protected.

And it is ridiculous.

It’s ridiculous idiocy to argue in favor of ‘arming teachers.’ Anyone making such an inane statement clearly knows nothing about firearms, firearm training and tactics, and the disastrous consequences of such an ignorant and irresponsible suggestion.
It is clear you do not understand the consequences of it.

You cannot even articulate why it is a bad idea.

Yeah that is what I want, a society that arms teachers with assault rifles...

They need to try this in Texas first. Make it a state law that all teachers are armed. Let's watch what happens.

would you care to make a wager that school shootings would become obsolete in Texas?

Either we have a RIGHT to bear arms or we have a GOVERNMENT GRANTED ****PRIVILEGE***** to bear arms.

If the government is the one who decides where we can bear arms, who can bear arms, what we can defend with those arms then we have a fucking PRIVILEGE'

The bastards in Hartford decided that the little children precious lives were not worth defending by designating Sandy Hook Elementary School as a GUN FREE ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They need to try this in Texas first. Make it a state law that all teachers are armed. Let's watch what happens.

would you care to make a wager that school shootings would become obsolete in Texas?

Either we have a RIGHT to bear arms or we have a GOVERNMENT GRANTED ****PRIVILEGE***** to bear arms.

If the government is the one who decides where we can bear arms, who can bear arms, what we can defend with those arms then we have a fucking PRIVILEGE'

The bastards in Hartford decided that the little children precious lives were not worth defending by designating Sandy Hook Elementary School as a GUN FREE ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you ever in this thread show us that these mass shootings are more likely to occur in heavily gun controlled states than they are in lenient states?

I missed that. Link me back to that proof.

Did you ever in this thread show us that these mass shootings are more likely to occur in heavily gun controlled states than they are in lenient states?

I missed that. Link me back to that proof.
http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/6.1/gun_facts_6_1_screen.pdf
Myth: Gun availability is what is causing school shootings
Fact: Schoolyard shootings have been occurring since at least 1974, so it is not a new phenomenon due to increases in gun ownership.183

Fact: More than 50% of these terrorists started thinking about their assaults two or more weeks before the shooting, and 75% planned-out their attacks.184

Thoughts: In rural areas, guns are everywhere and children are taught to shoot at young ages – yet these areas are almost devoid of schoolyard shootings. Clearly, availability is not the issue.​

Their laws really werent able to prevent this.

You know why? That weapon used for the massacre was stolen.

Conn has no laws regarding the immediate report of a stolen firearm.

The owner of the gun should be charged for not contacting the authorities in this situation and letting them know that her gun was stolen.

Forum List

Back