🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Conservative columnist George Will says he's voting for Biden

Conservative Washington Post columnist George Will confirmed Tuesday that he would vote for former Vice President Joe Biden, his first vote for a Democrat for president.

In an interview with USA Today Washington bureau chief Susan Page for the Aspen Institute, Will went further than his 2016 non-endorsement of President Trump and said that he would vote for Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee. Will warned against Trump's nomination in 2016 but stopped short of endorsing his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, at the time.

"Who do you plan to vote for in November?" Page asked the columnist via Zoom.

"Biden," Will replied immediately.

George Will on on MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell a few minutes ago. Lawrence welcomed him aboard, to which George replied - "Temporary loitering". Welcome aboard, George!
that's news? Hardly.

Yep, that's news! He just said it a couple days ago. He joins other patriotic conservatives.

Conservative Washington Post columnist George Will confirmed Tuesday that he would vote for former Vice President Joe Biden, his first vote for a Democrat for president.

In an interview with USA Today Washington bureau chief Susan Page for the Aspen Institute, Will went further than his 2016 non-endorsement of President Trump and said that he would vote for Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee. Will warned against Trump's nomination in 2016 but stopped short of endorsing his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, at the time.

George Will on on MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell a few minutes ago. Lawrence welcomed him aboard, to which George replied - "Temporary loitering". Welcome aboard, George!
that's news? Hardly.

Yep, that's news! He just said it a couple days ago.

Hardly surprising.

Bwhaaaaa!

He works for Washington Post, I wouldn't expect him to vote any other way. I bet he voted for Hillary in 2016 too, you know, "to get back to normal" and stuff (meaning, China crushes the West, but his job is safe, not to worry).
Nope, he said this was his first vote for a democrat for president. There are going to be a lot more people who do same. Party loyalty only goes so far. Regardless of party, you just can't vote for a president that has shown that he will divide and weaken the country when unity has never been more important.

How "united" do you think this country will be if Sleepy Joe comes in and institutes the New Green Deal, defunds the police, packs the Supreme Court with leftards, puts 10 million people in so-called fossil fuels on to bread lines, mandates masks and starts confiscating their firearms?

... What Biden will do is cut out the nasty, hate filled rhetoric that pours out the presidency daily ...

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Please the mental degenerate has done nothing but spew vitriolic hate in every campaign speech. Once again you live in a world of leftist delusion. You watch his speeches and don't hear the hate? You must be consumed with hate to not hear it from him
Hell yes I hear it and it's almost all directed at Trump. That is what Trump does to the country, he creates hatred and division. His message of hate resonates through out the country via his Twitter account with 80 million followers. Here are just a few of hundreds of examples of Trump inspired hatred and violence.

A Latino gas station attendant in Gainesville, Florida, was suddenly punched in the head by a white man who said, "This is for Trump".

When police questioned a Washington state man about his threats to kill a local Syrian-born man, the suspect told police he wanted the victim to "get out of my country," adding, "That’s why I like Trump."

When police questioned a Washington state man about his threats to kill a local Syrian-born man, the suspect told police he wanted the victim to "get out of my country," adding, "That’s why I like Trump."

After 54-year-old Henry Slapnik attacked his African-American neighbors with a knife in Cleveland, he told police "Donald Trump will fix them because they are scared of Donald Trump,"

In Olympia, Washington, 32-year-old Daniel Rowe attacked a white woman and a black man with a knife after seeing them kiss on a popular street. When police arrived on the scene, Rowe professed to being "a white supremacist" and said "he planned on heading down to the next Donald Trump rally and stomping out more of the Black Lives Matter group,"

Police in Albany, New York, arrested 55-year-old Todd Warnken for threatening an African-American woman at a local grocery store “because of her race,” according to a police report. Warnken allegedly told the victim, “Trump is going to win, and if you don’t like it I’m gonna beat your ass you n----r,”

In Tampa, Florida, David Howard threatened to burn down the house next to his "simply because" it was being purchased by a Muslim family, according to the Justice Department. He later said under oath that while he harbored a years-long dislike for Muslims, the circumstances around the home sale were "the match that lit the wick." He cited Trump's warnings about immigrants from majority-Muslim countries.

A 23-year-old man from High Springs, Florida, allegedly assaulted an unsuspecting Hispanic man who was cleaning a parking lot outside of a local food store. "[H]e was suddenly struck in the back of the head," a police report said of the victim. "[The victim] asked the suspect why he hit him, to which the suspect replied, 'This is for Donald Trump.' The suspect then grabbed [the victim] by the jacket and proceeded to strike him several more times,"

Not surprised. I've always respected George Will, even though I don't always agree - he writes well, and knows his stuff. He's a real conservative.
Problem is: what constitutes a ‘real’ conservative?

‘Conservatives’ don’t even know – fiscal conservative, social conservative, ‘small government’ conservative, ideologues, demagogues, and extremists.

‘Fiscal’ conservatives have facilitated the largest increase in Federal debt in US history.

‘Small government’ conservatives support authoritarian tactics such as sending Federal troops to local communities over the objections of local authorities.

Voting Trump out of office is a good first step, but ridding the country of Trump alone won’t address the bane of conservatism.

His party is dead. Bush II and McCain buried it. End of that story.

I thought his comment of "temporary loitering" to Lawrence O'Donnell was priceless.
And naïve.

Again, Trump is merely a symptom of the disease that is conservatism.

Indeed, long before Trump, Will was at odds with other ‘conservatives’; and that won’t change when Trump is gone.

If George Will isn't the biggest asshole the Republican party has ever seen, he's definitely the second biggest. George Will's vision for the American people is similar to what President Xi's would be. George Will has been anti worker for at least 40 years. Trump threatens his ability to rob the American worker and taxpayer. That's why that greedy bastard hates Trump.

He works for Washington Post, I wouldn't expect him to vote any other way. I bet he voted for Hillary in 2016 too, you know, "to get back to normal" and stuff (meaning, China crushes the West, but his job is safe, not to worry).
Nope, he said this was his first vote for a democrat for president. There are going to be a lot more people who do same. Party loyalty only goes so far. Regardless of party, you just can't vote for a president that has shown that he will divide and weaken the country when unity has never been more important.

How "united" do you think this country will be if Sleepy Joe comes in and institutes the New Green Deal, defunds the police, packs the Supreme Court with leftards, puts 10 million people in so-called fossil fuels on to bread lines, mandates masks and starts confiscating their firearms?

... What Biden will do is cut out the nasty, hate filled rhetoric that pours out the presidency daily ...

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Please the mental degenerate has done nothing but spew vitriolic hate in every campaign speech. Once again you live in a world of leftist delusion. You watch his speeches and don't hear the hate? You must be consumed with hate to not hear it from him
Hell yes I hear it and it's almost all directed at Trump. That is what Trump does to the country, he creates hatred and division. His message of hate resonates through out the country via his Twitter account with 80 million followers. Here are just a few of hundreds of examples of Trump inspired hatred and violence.

A Latino gas station attendant in Gainesville, Florida, was suddenly punched in the head by a white man who said, "This is for Trump".

After 54-year-old Henry Slapnik attacked his African-American neighbors with a knife in Cleveland, he told police "Donald Trump will fix them because they are scared of Donald Trump,"

In Olympia, Washington, 32-year-old Daniel Rowe attacked a white woman and a black man with a knife after seeing them kiss on a popular street. When police arrived on the scene, Rowe professed to being "a white supremacist" and said "he planned on heading down to the next Donald Trump rally and stomping out more of the Black Lives Matter group,"

Police in Albany, New York, arrested 55-year-old Todd Warnken for threatening an African-American woman at a local grocery store “because of her race,” according to a police report. Warnken allegedly told the victim, “Trump is going to win, and if you don’t like it I’m gonna beat your ass you n----r,”

In Tampa, Florida, David Howard threatened to burn down the house next to his "simply because" it was being purchased by a Muslim family, according to the Justice Department. He later said under oath that while he harbored a years-long dislike for Muslims, the circumstances around the home sale were "the match that lit the wick." He cited Trump's warnings about immigrants from majority-Muslim countries.

A 23-year-old man from High Springs, Florida, allegedly assaulted an unsuspecting Hispanic man who was cleaning a parking lot outside of a local food store. "[H]e was suddenly struck in the back of the head," a police report said of the victim. "[The victim] asked the suspect why he hit him, to which the suspect replied, 'This is for Donald Trump.' The suspect then grabbed [the victim] by the jacket and proceeded to strike him several more times,"

It would have been a lot more pithy to just say you agree with me, Biden is no uniter.

And nothing is more worthless than a bunch of anectotal examples, none of which have anything to do with Trump or any of his national supporters, just a bunch of local bubbas.

If I want and researched idiots who cited Biden while doing stupid shit, you'd blow it off in a New York minute. And no reason not to, it would be as worthless as your list.

So while you have a list of what, four bubbas, Democrats punish poor blacks by bringing in millions of illegals to take their jobs and drive down low end wages. Democrats target any black who believes he can think for himself if thinking for himself means he chooses not to be a Democrat.

And your party nominee is a flaming you aint black racist who is impressed when blacks clean up nicely. You have the real issues, your party actually is racist as hell. No wonder you're deflecting with some bubba stories

Will is not a conservative.

From the OP:

Will has opposed Trump from the beginning of the latter's political career and in 2015 warned that Trump securing the Republican nomination could spell the doom of the GOP.

"One hundred and four years of history is in the balance. If Trump is the Republican nominee in 2016, there might not be a conservative party in 2020 either," he said at the time.

Because of Trump, conservatives are now more united than ever.

Thank You President Trump.

Fuck you George Will.

George Will says he is still a conservative, but wants to return to "normal" politics. He also said he expects we'll have a clear winner by 11:00 pm ET on the night of November 3. He expects the clear winner will be Biden.

And if George Will said Trump will win, you'd be posting this ?

Didn't think so.

You are still a piece of shit.

Then George Will is not a real conservative. Just a butt hurt Jeb Bush country club Republican. Attention Georgie: "Old blue collar Democrats elected Trump and they have crashed your country club."

From the OP:

Will has opposed Trump from the beginning of the latter's political career and in 2015 warned that Trump securing the Republican nomination could spell the doom of the GOP.

"One hundred and four years of history is in the balance. If Trump is the Republican nominee in 2016, there might not be a conservative party in 2020 either," he said at the time.

If Trump didn't win the Primary in 2016, Hillary would have been president (unless Rand Paul or possibly Rubio won the Primary). Of that, I am confident.
Trump had blue collar and old Blue Dog Democrats cross over and vote for him in primaries and in November. This will happen again in November 2020.

No, he didn't vote for Hillary. Obviously you didn't read the OP. George Will is the kind of traditional conservative Republican that should scare Trump supporters.

Why would George Will "scare" me at all?

The question I would want to ask Mr. Will is this- why kind of "conservative" votes for Socialized Medicine and the New Green Deal? Or Defunding police?

I guess as a free individual , he can call himself anything he wants- but its an unusual kind of "conservative" that supports an ultraliberal extremist platform like that of Sleepy Joe.
What kind of conservative votes for sending out federal agents? Huge deficits. Huge bailouts. Tariffs for big gov control of trade?

No, he didn't vote for Hillary. Obviously you didn't read the OP. George Will is the kind of traditional conservative Republican that should scare Trump supporters.

Why would George Will "scare" me at all?

The question I would want to ask Mr. Will is this- why kind of "conservative" votes for Socialized Medicine and the New Green Deal? Or Defunding police?

I guess as a free individual , he can call himself anything he wants- but its an unusual kind of "conservative" that supports an ultraliberal extremist platform like that of Sleepy Joe.
What kind of conservative votes for sending out federal agents? Huge deficits. Huge bailouts. Tariffs for big gov control of trade?

This isn't about President Trump at all- this is about Sleepy Joe. Sure, there are reasons why someone might not want to vote for President Trump because of principles. But that's no reason to go for a complete extremist.

Forum List

Back