Conservatives hate the Republican Party

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
The Republican Party has been doing this trick to its voters for years. That trick was to run on lowering taxes but they only lower them by a very small percentage. It is reduced by something like .1%. That small percentage then allows them to say they lowered taxes. But fuckin deal! The only republican that was ever serious about lowering taxes was Reagan but since the end of the reagen years they have either ran on no new taxes (a promise they don't ever keep) or reduce taxes by some barely noticeable amounts. The Republican Party then wonders why their own base hate them.

It is like being stuck in a relationship where you know your wife is lying to you but you can't find an alternative.

The Republican Party has been doing this trick to its voters for years. That trick was to run on lowering taxes but they only lower them by a very small percentage. It is reduced by something like .1%. That small percentage then allows them to say they lowered taxes. But fuckin deal! The only republican that was ever serious about lowering taxes was Reagan but since the end of the reagen years they have either ran on no new taxes (a promise they don't ever keep) or reduce taxes by some barely noticeable amounts. The Republican Party then wonders why their own base hate them.

It is like being stuck in a relationship where you know your wife is lying to you but you can't find an alternative.

I believe the conservatives hate only the Democrats in the Republican Party, not the Party itself.

Reagan,,,,,,lowered taxes??????
Were you alive then,,,,,,paying taxes?????
Reagan did give middle and upper income brackets a tax break, but raised taxes on the poor.....
then
Saint Reagan had to raise taxes 11 times to pay for his fortress America....

Reagan did give middle and upper income brackets a tax break, but raised taxes on the poor.....

As he should have. One of the best ways to get the poor dealt with is to make it incredibly uncomfortable to be poor. They'll either die or do what's necessary to stop being poor.

Reagan was no Saint. Especially not to true Conservatives. However, Defense us one of the few thibgs he did which was good and Constitutional.

I'd willingly pay double what I pay now in taxes if this Government would guarantee it was soent on the defense of THIS COUNTRY.

As he should have. One of the best ways to get the poor dealt with is to make it incredibly uncomfortable to be poor. They'll either die or do what's necessary to stop being poor.

Reagan was no Saint. Especially not to true Conservatives. However, Defense us one of the few thibgs he did which was good and Constitutional.
He had to raise taxes to expand govt......

This conservative doesn't quite hate the GOP, I do hate many GOP politicians in it like Mitch McConnell, john Boehner, john McCain, Jeb Bush. But we are trying to change it.

Now you wanna talk about hate, I HATE the DNC.

The idiocy of this is the notion that 'lowering taxes' is always some sort of 'solution' for something, or somehow always 'desirable' – the disaster that is Kansas is evidence of that.

For example, republican elected officials might realize correctly that 'lowering taxes' at a particular time or for a particular issue isn't warranted, where they're exhibiting sound, responsible governance – not blinding adhering to inane conservative dogma about 'cutting taxes.'

who? Reagan?

The top income tax rate was raised from 7 percent to 10 percent, the sales tax rate went from 3 percent to 5 percent, the cigarette tax was increased from 3 cents to 10 cents per pack, the alcohol tax was raised from $1.50 to $2 per gallon, the bank and corporate tax rate went up from 5.5 percent to 7 percent, and the inheritance tax rose from a range of 2 percent to 10 percent to a range of 3 percent to 15 percent.[2] According to Cannon, this was essentially the Democrats’ wish list of tax initiatives, with the sole exception that it did not institute tax withholding, which Reagan adamantly opposed. In Cannon’s words, “An economist who analyzed the tax bill without knowing its political background might conclude that it had been crafted by a New Deal Democrat.”[3]

In 1970, Reagan proposed yet another big tax increase of $1.1 billion, which would have been used to finance property tax relief. Incomes above $32,000 would have been subject to a new 11 percent tax rate, and three years later a new 13 percent bracket would have applied to those with incomes above $36,000. The bill would have also instituted tax withholding, which ironically led to its defeat in the Senate by a single vote. However, many of these provisions were enacted the following year.[4] The 1971 legislation raised taxes by $508 million (about $6 billion today), including an increase in the top income tax rate to 11 percent, a rise in the bank and corporate tax rate from 7 percent to 7.6 percent, and institution of an alternative minimum tax and tax withholding.[5] State taxes were raised another $1.1 billion in 1972 (about $12.5 billion today). This legislation included another increase in the sales tax rate from 5 percent to 6 percent and a further rise in the bank and corporate tax rate from 7.6 percent to 9 percent.[6]

ya mean THAT Reagan ?

Oh, OK.

This conservative doesn't quite hate the GOP, I do hate many GOP politicians in it like Mitch McConnell, john Boehner, john McCain, Jeb Bush. But we are trying to change it.

We in the mainstream of the GOP do dislike the far right, for they try to corrupt the GOP.

I am indifferent to the GOP.

I also find myself agreeing more and more with their "moderates" than those other guys.

The "conservatives" hate the fact that they have been marginalized in the only major right wing party.

They can't win on their own(If conservatism won elections, why haven't they bolted from the GOP and created their own party? Because conservatism, by itself, is a loser like liberalism, by itself, is a loser)

Of course the hard right conservatives hate: it is what they do.

The right wing- Tea Party activists--Rino/Establishment groupies are the MINORITY of the Republican party. They don't even represent 20% of the party. Over the last several years they have cost the Republican party elections. Through their ignorance in 2012 they chased off women, by making the platform about abortion, who's going to pay for birth control pills, and what is legitimate rape questions, which cost us the election in 2012.

In 2016 they have already chased off 17% of the population, (Hispanics) making it impossible to win in 2016.
Hillary Clinton will be the next POTUS because of them.

But they're so stupid they have always touted Ronald Reagan who was a moderate Republican. He appealed to everyone and that's why he won in landslide elections. He had to work with a hostile congress during his 8 years to get things done, meaning there was a lot of compromising going on with Democrats

If Ronald Reagan were alive today and running for POTUS, these same tea party activists/rino/establishment groupies would be calling him a RINO. Rush Limbaugh would be calling him an establishment candidate. There is no way in hell they would support him.

images

Last edited:

We in the mainstream of the GOP do dislike the far right, for they try to corrupt the GOP.

And you guys are going the way of the dinosaur.

Not in the slightest, cupcake.

Sit back and watch Fakey. You kind won't be tolerated. We already have Democrats, we don't need them in the GOP.

You mean you RINOS? Thanks for clearing that up. Why don't you switch sides. You're working to help them now.

Sit back and watch Fakey. You kind won't be tolerated. We already have Democrats, we don't need them in the GOP.
That's what you phreaks have been saying since 1968. We are going nowhere, but you are leaving the party. Trump will stamp you out if he is elected, and we will if he is not.

You mean you RINOS? Thanks for clearing that up. Why don't you switch sides. You're working to help them now.
The mainstream of the GOP is not working with you.

Forum List

Back