Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

Carry a gift n. Be the hero gunslinger. Take on the liability for your marksmanship skills! If I get shot by you while you're playing Dirty Harry in your mind, I'll sue you out of existence.

Just curious...would you sue the police out of existence in the same circumstance?

The police are law enforcement officials and they undergo far more training then a typical civilian.

You have no idea what your talking about.

The police are law enforcement officials and they undergo far more training then a typical civilian.

That is a myth. You'd think that was true, but it's not. Ammunition is expensive and law enforcement agencies are cash strapped. Most police only qualify with their duty firearms once a year.

By the time an average police recruit completes typical academy firearms training, how much more skilled in shooting is he than a person who has never shot or even held a handgun before? Not much, according to a first-of-its-kind study by the Force Science Institute that is set for publication in an international law enforcement journal . . .

“[T]his study’s results indicate an alarming need for improved firearms training for officers,” writes lead researcher Dr. Bill Lewinski, FSI’s executive director. After finishing academy instruction and practice, new officers “were a mere 13%” more accurate than novices in shooting at distances where a high proportion of officer-involved shootings occur.

“What these statistics appear to imply,” Lewinski states, “is that officer firearms training is not extensive enough and occurs too sparsely for officers to gain, and maintain, the expert level of accuracy with their service weapons that is expected of them.” This training deficiency “may result in injury, death, or other severe consequences.”

Study: Why Police Firearms Training Sucks - The Truth About Guns

Plus, they usually aren't around when a shooting is taking place.

They still have better training and knowledge of the law then the average civilian.
You are soooo naieve... Which explains a great many things...

Liberty is the freedom to get shot.

No, that's left-wing freedom.... the freedom to get shot, and not have the slightest chance of defending yourself.

We are going to avoid getting shot, because we can fight back.

Sure, you can fight back, unless of course there are 3 of them with guns, and you only have one.
still don't know the difference between criminals with illegal guns and citizens with legal guns huh?

No, that's left-wing freedom.... the freedom to get shot, and not have the slightest chance of defending yourself.

Sure, you can fight back, unless of course there are 3 of them with guns, and you only have one.

Then you have a better chance if you shoot faster. None if you don't shoot at all.

(Billy rolls his eyes)

Actually, statistically, you have a better chance is neither side have guns.
you'll just get beat about the head until you have to sip your food through a straw or stabbed that's all

still don't know the difference between criminals with illegal guns and citizens with legal guns huh?

I know the difference, and I know the difference between a dead person with a gun and a living person without a gun too.

Bad guys have the guns already. Only a real asshole would want people to be unable to defend themselves.

Yes, I know.

But the US is doing nothing about the problems that exist.

Now, solving the gun problem is not just a matter of taking away guns.
we don't have a gun problem we have a crime problem

The only gun control we need is to put people who commit crimes while in possessions of a gun in jail for a long time

I know the difference, and I know the difference between a dead person with a gun and a living person without a gun too.

Yeah like the dead man or woman who was denied the right to defend him or herself

You've got no case.

Heart attack?

Do you think that by merely carrying a gun you can avoid getting shot?

Personally I'd rather keep my options open. Besides, my gun may very well help you to avoid getting shot.
But the mere the mere presence of a gun cannot keep you from getting shot, right?
It's no guarantee, but it most certainly can. It can also prevent you from being stabbed, or bludgeoned and assaulted in general. You should take your sage wisdom to your local police training facility. Explain to them how you cleverly deduced that having a gun cannot prevent a person from being shot. They'll probably quit arming their officers after you drop that nugget on them. Then you can take your message to the military... You're really on to something here...
March 1981. Four men are shot and wounded in the same incident on the streets of Washington D.C. Two of the men were carrying guns. Another was grievously wounded and confined to a wheel chair for life. The third was surrounded by the best armed, best trained cadre of security personnel in history. He was the President of the United States.

All those guns and yet four wounded. Yeah. I'm on to something.

Personally I'd rather keep my options open. Besides, my gun may very well help you to avoid getting shot.
But the mere the mere presence of a gun cannot keep you from getting shot, right?
It's no guarantee, but it most certainly can. It can also prevent you from being stabbed, or bludgeoned and assaulted in general. You should take your sage wisdom to your local police training facility. Explain to them how you cleverly deduced that having a gun cannot prevent a person from being shot. They'll probably quit arming their officers after you drop that nugget on them. Then you can take your message to the military... You're really on to something here...
March 1981. Four men are shot and wounded in the same incident on the streets of Washington D.C. Two of the men were carrying guns. Another was grievously wounded and confined to a wheel chair for life. The third was surrounded by the best armed, best trained cadre of security personnel in history. He was the President of the United States.

Criminals with guns? What's your point..... Guns, even muskets, were banned in DC....

Bad guys have the guns already. Only a real asshole would want people to be unable to defend themselves.

Yes, I know.

The only gun control we need is to put people who commit crimes while in possessions of a gun in jail for a long time

Yeah, and also the largest prison population and it isn't working, is it? Based on your logic Louisiana wouldn't have a crime problem as it's the lock 'em up capital of the world. Does it work? No.

Criminals with guns? What's your point..... Guns, even muskets, were banned in DC....
My point is the presence of all those guns did not prevent anyone from being shot.

You've got no case.

Right... hence why the US has the HIGHEST (by quite a way) murder rate in the first world.

Yeah like the dead man or woman who was denied the right to defend him or herself

Yeah, but then they're still alive. But they weren't denied the right to defend themselves, they were denied the chance to do it with a gun, BIG difference.

You've got no case.

Right... hence why the US has the HIGHEST (by quite a way) murder rate in the first world.
Lots of thugs killing each other. Shooting kids. Attacking women. No doubt about it. 542 shootings already, in Chicago this year. Liberal utopian cities tend to push the numbers up.

The UN put together some stats...

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia

Yes, I know.

Yeah, and also the largest prison population and it isn't working, is it? Based on your logic Louisiana wouldn't have a crime problem as it's the lock 'em up capital of the world. Does it work? No.
that's such a shit argument because you know as well as I do that we tend to incarcerate nonviolent criminals as much if not more than we do violent criminals.

So we need to come up with alternatives for nonviolent crimes we can then reduce the prison population and the number of prisons and still have more than enough room to keep violent pieces of shit locked up for a long time if not for good

Yeah, but then they're still alive. But they weren't denied the right to defend themselves, they were denied the chance to do it with a gun, BIG difference.

yeah never mind those who end up with brain damage or other permanent injuries

the FACTS are that the vast majority of people who legally own guns just do not go out and shoot people. So why not concentrate on the fucking criminals and not law abiding people who happen to own guns?

You've got no case.

so what?

the other FACT is that most murders are committed by people with criminal records already and not those who legally own guns.

so once again if we remove the violent pieces of shit that commit violent crimes and especially crimes with guns our murder rate will plummet

Forum List

Back