Controversy Erupts Over Plus Sized (300 pounds) Miss Alabama Winning Crown

What difference does it make, pageants are ridiculous anyway?
Not really. I have heard winners and contestants say it helped them. They learn to speak in front of an audience (which is very hard to do). They learn self-discipline. Contestants are motivated through competition. You make friends, travel, and build commonality in the international community.

Where is this liberal madness taking us next.
What makes you think its nothing more than a publicity initiative by the pageant?
In Alabama, they don't do anything "liberal."
Use your head. Don't be do easily played.
We would not have MAGA if people could think. This is the same thing.
Dumbos never thinking things through.

"She looks like she ate Alabama"

but seriously...as it has been mentioned before she is morbidly obese and obesity causes heart disease, diabetes, cancer arthritis, high blood pressure....and on and on....not good.

I'm going to be the surprising contrarian here.

I lived (more like 'was based') in Tuscaloosa from 1980-1982, constantly traveling the state and the other Southeastern states, and Alabama girls were some of the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.
I always watch the Tide baton girls at halftime.

domath.jpg

There’s nothing wrong with the lady that won miss Alabama..sure she’s probably a nice person

Point is this is Not a good example to set for young girls …obesity is a serious problem in the USA.

Lefties don’t get the issue once again

Fat Piggy Winkles die fast .
Bodies bursts into bits
Watch out in case one is ready to explode near you

My only question is what made the woman think that she actually had a shot considering the pageant's previous track record?

God bless you and the lady always!!!

Holly

If this is actually a problem for anyone they should seek help. This is a huge non issue for 99.999999 percent. Nobody cares except the .000001 percent fringe.

If this is actually a problem for anyone they should seek help. This is a huge non issue for 99.999999 percent. Nobody cares except the .000001 percent fringe.
It’s not setting a good example

The USA is already the most obese country in the developed world.

Most here want to protect food corporations so there is that. Profit over health.
Yes that’s an issue

Point remains on the subject of the original post. the point of the Miss America or Miss Alabama has to do with positive health and good values afaik .

So therefore, the point remains it’s unacceptable That young girls will see this kind of thing on television. Especially with the child obesity rate. We need to be teaching youngsters to be positive, kind, and healthy. And of course, this has nothing to do with the personality of Miss Alabama again I’m sure she’s a wonderful person.

I second this. Giving that girl such a title is not going to help motivate her to try to take better care of health.

God bless you and the girl always!!!

Holly (a girl who lost 7lbs this week)
Nice work Holly.

Health is an important issue. The positions of power in the USA should motivate youngsters to be as healthy as possible whether it is drug-free, getting involved in sports, outdoor activities, etc.

My only question is what made the woman think that she actually had a shot considering the pageant's previous track record?

God bless you and the lady always!!!

Holly

She was just a front line Patsy for the activists .

Remember this was her third time of entering the same competitiion .
And in those more honest days she was not even placed .

So .Either she lost weight, down from Elephant to fat pig, or standards everywhere across Alabama fell drastically

It is so obviously Fake that it is no wonder you Sheeple cannot spot Fakes which are better put together .

Beauty Pageants are silly nonsense at the best of time, and this one is some obscure pageant no one ever heard of.

They may very well have chooses her in a deliberate attempt to get some publicity, knowing that it would get a certain segment of the population all riled up

Forum List

Back