cops force pepper spray down the throats of UC davis students

Resisting arrest is within itself a crime.
lol! Nice. But seriously,i want to know who called the Gestapo in. What is their name? They need to be fired right away. This whole mess could have been avoided if they just left the Gestapo out of it. We need to find who it was who called them in.
What Gestapo?

Seriously, you're a fuckin' paranoid cartoon.:cuckoo:

Nobody is free to go about their business free of harassment by the police. We've created so many tiny laws for people to break that the cops can arrest anyone at anytime.

I actually know a guy who was arrested and booked on a sole count of resisting arrest. How the fuck does that happen? Why are they arresting him if there are no other actual charges? They literally arrested him just so they could arrest him!

Resisting arrest is within itself a crime.
What Gestapo?

Seriously, you're a fuckin' paranoid cartoon.:cuckoo:

Nobody is free to go about their business free of harassment by the police. We've created so many tiny laws for people to break that the cops can arrest anyone at anytime.

I actually know a guy who was arrested and booked on a sole count of resisting arrest. How the fuck does that happen? Why are they arresting him if there are no other actual charges? They literally arrested him just so they could arrest him!

By that logic though, a police officer could fabricate any excuse they want to arrest someone, and when someone protests, slap them with the very real crime of resisting arrest.

911 did some very serious damage to this nation. Fear caused so many Americans to just give their Freedom & Liberty away. Will we ever get it back? I'm not optimistic about that happening.

911 did some very serious damage to this nation. Fear caused so many Americans to just give their Freedom & Liberty away. Will we ever get it back? I'm not optimistic about that happening.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

I didn't read the entire thread but did anyone ask the obvious......

WHO WAS HOLDING DOWN THE PROTESTERS AND WHO WAS FORCING THEIR MOUTHS OPEN WHILE THIS GOT SPRAYED DOWN THEIR THROATS?

OR DID THEY JUST SIT THERE LIKE IDIOTS WELCOMING THE CHEMICAL?

WHO WAS HOLDING DOWN THE PROTESTERS AND WHO WAS FORCING THEIR MOUTHS OPEN WHILE THIS GOT SPRAYED DOWN THEIR THROATS?

I think it is more important to ask why the chemical was being shoved down their throat in the first place.

I think it is more important to ask why the chemical was being shoved down their throat in the first place.

I failed to see the "FORCE"

The protesters had a choice. They chose poorly.

Yea, they forced the police to grace them with pepper spray.

Regardless if it was right or wrong the protesters brought it upon themselves. The left should be very familiar with this thought process because that's what they say about why we were attacked on 9/11.

Regardless if it was right or wrong the protesters brought it upon themselves. The left should be very familiar with this thought process because that's what they say about why we were attacked on 9/11.

Considering the act of going to war was unanimous I don't think that statement is truthful.

If it was wrong it is a violation of rights, something the right always professes they are worried about, if it was right, well, we will find out after the investigation, won't we?

Considering the act of going to war was unanimous I don't think that statement is truthful.

If it was wrong it is a violation of rights, something the right always professes they are worried about, if it was right, well, we will find out after the investigation, won't we?

I wasn't there so I don't know if it was over the top or not. But it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know the protesters were probably warned.

I wasn't there so I don't know if it was over the top or not. But it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know the protesters were probably warned.

OH I'm very sure they were warned, but I'm hoping to find out exactly what they were warned about. Still I'm reserving my opinion on the matter for the most part, but I'm open to both.

They sat there like a bunch of idiots, before, during and after they were sprayed.

In several examples that I saw, some of which are in the videos posted here, it appears that many of the protesters were unacquainted with these spray devices, which hikers use and call "bear spray" because it can stop a charging grizzly, and they were taken by surprise while chanting with their mouths wide open. Evidently some of the cops are sadistic and thought it was pretty funny to spray that stuff right down those kids' throats.

I hope the cops who did that are charged with aggravated assault, which is exactly what that was, and prosecuted for it. That was deliberate, unnecessary and potentially harmful excessive force.

In several examples that I saw, some of which are in the videos posted here, it appears that many of the protesters were unacquainted with these spray devices, which hikers use and call "bear spray" because it can stop a charging grizzly, and they were taken by surprise while chanting with their mouths wide open. Evidently some of the cops are sadistic and thought it was pretty funny to spray that stuff right down those kids' throats.

I hope the cops who did that are charged with aggravated assault, which is exactly what that was, and prosecuted for it. That was deliberate, unnecessary and potentially harmful excessive force.

I highly doubt it was bear spray. Bear spray can cause permanent damage to people. The police have pepper sprays that are stronger than what the public is able to purchase.

I highly doubt it was bear spray. Bear spray can cause permanent damage to people. The police have pepper sprays that are stronger than what the public is able to purchase.

Actually you can purchase it. It isn't illegal.

If the Police aren't there,it's unlikely there will be violence. And who called the Police there anyway? That person should be fired immediately. They caused this whole mess. These kids were just conducting a peaceful protest. So who the hell called the Gestapo? They need to be held accountible too. In my obervations,it is the Police who instigate violence most of the time. Obviously they will lie about that but now we have great recording technology to keep them honest. People do need to be fired over this mess. Hopefully this will happen.

I beg to differ with your analysis of the situation, Paul. The fact is...if the police were not there then then protesters would have to go to the place that they were. The protesters NEED the police because without the confrontations between themselves and the cops, nobody would pay attention to OWS because their goals are so undefined.

As for your "observations" about who instigates violence? I beg to differ with that as well. If you were to take every instance of "force" being employed by the police I think you'll find that it was preceded by one of two things...either someone in the protester's ranks assaulting a police officer in some way...or the protesters trying to block some transportation hub.

They were taken by surprise? Really? So when the cop stood in front of them...held the pepper spray canister out in front of him and announced that if they didn't disperse that he was going to spray them...they were taken by surprise when he did in fact start to spray them?

Between you and me, Mike? If they really WERE surprised? They are some of the dumber people on the planet. Just saying...

If the Police aren't there,it's unlikely there will be violence. And who called the Police there anyway? That person should be fired immediately. They caused this whole mess. These kids were just conducting a peaceful protest. So who the hell called the Gestapo? They need to be held accountible too. In my obervations,it is the Police who instigate violence most of the time. Obviously they will lie about that but now we have great recording technology to keep them honest. People do need to be fired over this mess. Hopefully this will happen.

I beg to differ with your analysis of the situation, Paul. The fact is...if the police were not there then then protesters would have to go to the place that they were. The protesters NEED the police because without the confrontations between themselves and the cops, nobody would pay attention to OWS because their goals are so undefined.

As for your "observations" about who instigates violence? I beg to differ with that as well. If you were to take every instance of "force" being employed by the police I think you'll find that it was preceded by one of two things...either someone in the protester's ranks assaulting a police officer in some way...or the protesters trying to block some transportation hub.
There are "demonstration squares" on every State University campus in California......That is where demonstrations and protests are to be done.....Those protesters were violating campus rules, and if it's found they disobeyed orders to disperse to the square, then they were obviously looking to instigate a confrontation, PERIOD!

Actually you can purchase it. It isn't illegal.

I know you can purchase bear spray (I have some). What I meant was that the police have pepper sprays that are stronger than the pepper spray the average citizen can purchase, and are stronger than bear spray in some instances.

Forum List

Back