Cops steal 360k from person's car

LOL....I wish I had that much money...bye bye USA....

You're free to leave any time you want!

FYI: I've visited almost every country in the world. Wouldn't move from the USA....
Have you visited the Lake Como region of Italy?

If so, could you afford to live there?

If so, would you still prefer the USA?

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Besides, when I'm in my condo in Vegas, Lake Como is just down the strip. ;-)

FYI: I've visited almost every country in the world. Wouldn't move from the USA....
I sure am...cost money to leave though...passports etc...

None of yours or anyone else's business why he kept cash.

They do not need to charge him to take the money...take your lies somewhere else.

This is true. The government can seize assets they believe were acquired in the drug trade, even if they don't charge you with dealing drugs.

So this guy needs to just prove he got 360K from legit sources, and he'll be fine.

Easy Peasy.

I'm just curious why the far right is now taking the side of drug pushers against their own government.

Prove he was a drug dealer...it could be an 80 year old man who was taking all his savings with him somewhere...how do you know? Its his fuckin money.

Perhaps you should get a job....

"After suspecting that there could be some kind of criminal activity"? It's obvious that there is more to the case than Denver's version of ABC's version of a Mississippi incident.

My husband and I were watching local news when the story came on. There is nothing more to the story other than the local police are a bit disappointed that they have to share 10% of the money with the highway patrol.

We were looking at each other in disbelief as the police department kept crowing about how much good this money will do for their budget.

7NEWS - Mississippi police find $360K in secret car compartment - News Story

It isn't ANY of the cops business where it came from...nothing more than legalized thievery. Biggest gang in Amerika right there...no wonder the poor guy hid it...who the hell wants to ride around with 360k just sitting in the car.

Who in his right mind keeps $360,000 in a car?

Frankly, that much in hard cash, he was hiding something from someone.

Is he supposed to keep it in one of those banks that got bailed out?

If the money was valid, you should have no problem proving it to be so.

Actually, with forfeiture laws that isn't true. People who have been charged with a crime, arrested, tried and found NOT GUILTY have NOT been able to reclaim their car, house or money.

And as it was pointed out before, the person driving the car was LET GO and NOT charged with a crime.

It isn't ANY of the cops business where it came from...nothing more than legalized thievery. Biggest gang in Amerika right there...no wonder the poor guy hid it...who the hell wants to ride around with 360k just sitting in the car.

Better than a bank that failed.

Um. Yeah. That was the purpose of a bailout, so people didn't lose their savings.

If the money was valid, you should have no problem proving it to be so.

Actually, with forfeiture laws that isn't true. People who have been charged with a crime, arrested, tried and found NOT GUILTY have NOT been able to reclaim their car, house or money.

And as it was pointed out before, the person driving the car was LET GO and NOT charged with a crime.

Joey cares nothing for mere FACTS.

Unfortunately, because of criminals, we have to justify why we're carting large amounts of cash.

With credit cards too.

When I purchased my apartment in NYC and my boat for my San Diego home I used a credit card. Had to fill out an IRS form.

No we don't.

It is not illegal to carry cash even large sums of it.

1. never give the police consent to search anything, period

2. this is bullshit and turns our judicial system on its head.

Quit dressing/acting like a low life and you won't have to worry about it.

It doesn't matter what you wear.

A cop has no right to search your car without valid cause or a warrant.

The latest trick cops use is drug dogs they know how to make the dog give a false indication and use that to step on the 4th amendment.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Sound familiar?

There is nothing illegal about carrying a large sum of cash

Well if you're very well off (and making money here) your POV makes perfect sense.

But if like AnCap you are not well off, but then you sduddenly found yourself with $360K expendable money?

Well you can live much better on that sum in another country where the cost of living is lower.

Personally, I think I'd retire in Costa Rica if I had that $360\K nest egg.

Better not travel through an airport with more than 3K in your pocket there mr. "one percenter". I don't care how you're dressed. They'll take it.
This is complete bullshit.

You can travel thru an airport with as much cash as you'd like. Over $10k you have to fill out a form to declare it, but you can certainly do it.

Sound familiar?

Yawn, guy. He was obviously a drug dealer or something worse, but you guys who think Janet Napaletano is hiding in your closet are rushing to his defense.

Sound familiar?

Yawn, guy. He was obviously a drug dealer or something worse, but you guys who think Janet Napaletano is hiding in your closet are rushing to his defense.
the only of obvious thing the guy was was a guy with some cash.

Everything else is your assumption

Sound familiar?

the o mm of obvious thing the guy was was a guy with some cash.

Can one not be pulled over if one is acting suspiciously?

Having $360,000 in cash in your car is certainly suspicious. I know a lot of rich people. I'd suspect most of them don't carry around $360, let alone $360,000. Most people who would do so would most likely be linked to criminal activity.

Maybe he did nothing wrong, I don't know. But it certainly is suspicious.

Having $360,000 in cash in your car is certainly suspicious. I know a lot of rich people. I'd suspect most of them don't carry around $360, let alone $360,000. Most people who would do so would most likely be linked to criminal activity.

Suspicion is subjective.

Suspicion is subjective.

Sure. But I think most people would be suspicious of a guy driving around with $360,000 in cash. Legitimate business people generally don't do that.

Forum List

Back