Coronavirus messaging: Trump vs The World

You just can't put up a post without telling lies. I quoted the director of CDC who supported the President's statement about the Obama rule and you countered with some lawyer in Missouri. Also the state health officials in California and Washington state complained about the rule and claimed it prevented them from doing the testing they wanted to do.
How was I lying? I literally pasted the paragraphs following the quote you posted from YOUR link. A link BTW that concluded that Trumps claim was false!! So what was my lie?
Ok, so maybe you're an idiot instead of a liar. The both seem to fit. I posted the link simply because it contained the statement from the director of CDC supporting the President's claim that a regulation from the Obama administration had slowed down testing initially, but it was clear that the author of the article had a political agenda of his own when he posted the opinion of lawyer in Missouri that the director of the CDC must be lying. If you were simply too stupid to see that, I apologize for calling you a liar.

First the good news: The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services just put out a request for contracts for 500 million face masks. Now the bad news: The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services just issued its request on Wednesday for contracts for the masks that can give health care workers some measure of protection against a new coronavirus — more than three months after the virus, now sickening and killing people worldwide, began to spread in China. And the proposals aren’t due back until March 18. The mask request is just one of several efforts on behalf of federal agencies to round up basic supplies for dealing with the new coronavirus that should have been made much, much earlier.

After cutting much of the infrastructure necessary to protect the U.S. from the virus, officially known as SARS-CoV-2 and which causes a disease called Covid-19, the Trump administration is now scrambling to play catch up, according to a survey of recently released documents. A request for information from the Domestic Strategic National Stockpile’s Office of Resource Management asks vendors of medical supplies how much protective gear they have in stock. The survey, which went out to government contractors on February 24, queries the companies about their current and projected inventory of “N95 Respirators, Surgical N95 Masks, Coveralls, Tyvek Suits or equivalent Coverall, Gowns, Non-Splash Goggles, and Face Shields” to assist with the outbreak. Responses are due on March 24.

Some of the recently released announcements about federal funding opportunities are what you might expect from any government racing to keep up with a fast-moving crisis. On March 5, for instance, the FDA modified an existing contract with Stanford University that was to do Ebola research and will soon include “a near-term analysis of 2019 Novel Coronavirus.” As the notice of intent to change makes clear, it “leverages the technology and methodology for examining Ebola sequelae and Zika immunopathology” that was already in place. The just-added work entails characterizing the new virus “using samples from non-human primate (NHP) animal models and human tissues (pending availability) to empower future regulatory decision making.”

But the requests for contract and spending proposals are only now beginning to trickle out while the Trump administration is facing an avalanche of criticism for its delayed and bungled response to the virus, which as of Tuesday afternoon had caused at least 794 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the U.S. and more than 116,000 worldwide.

The fractured response “has everything to do with the way we fund disaster preparedness,” said Nicolette Louissaint, an expert in global health and pharmaceutical trade policy and the executive director of Healthcare Ready, an organization focused on meeting patient needs before, during, and after disease outbreaks and catastrophic events. “What we haven’t yet done as a nation is to determine and agree to what the baseline funding level should be in order to make sure that the nation is sufficiently protected for disasters and disease outbreaks.” While Louissant described the U.S. government as chronically failing to prepare for epidemics, she said the problem has intensified in the last three years.

Since the emergence of the new coronavirus in January, the White House has focused on downplaying rather than addressing the global spread of the illness. In early February, as the spread of the virus was accelerating throughout the world, the administration released a budget that included steep cuts to the Department of Health and Human Services, the federal agency responsible for health and well-being of Americans. Weeks later, as the first American was dying of Covid-19, Trump referred to the virus as a “hoax” at a campaign rally. Last week, as the virus entered the community transmission phase in parts of the U.S., the administration still had yet to grasp — or adequately respond to — the extent of the crisis, with both Pence and Trump promising and failing to supply enough test kits for the growing number of people falling ill across the country. The U.S. has managed to provide only 5 tests for every million people, whereas South Korea has supplied 3,692.

Federal Coronavirus Contract Requests Show the U.S. in a Desperate Scramble to Catch Up
Coronavirus Contracts Expose U.S. Incompetence
The Intercept?? I'm sure they weren't going to find anything positive.
Next time use MSNBC or CNN

Well that was easy for you huh. Tell ya what mod, if you ever see me quoting MSBNBC or CNN as accurate you be sure and let me know, k?

Blow it off, I don't mind. Go find a happy safe outlet.
Well, I'll tell you what...Bo......If you wouldn't use those two outlets then you shouldn't use The Intercept.
All three are peas from the same pod. :auiqs.jpg:

How was I lying? I literally pasted the paragraphs following the quote you posted from YOUR link. A link BTW that concluded that Trumps claim was false!! So what was my lie?
Ok, so maybe you're an idiot instead of a liar. The both seem to fit. I posted the link simply because it contained the statement from the director of CDC supporting the President's claim that a regulation from the Obama administration had slowed down testing initially, but it was clear that the author of the article had a political agenda of his own when he posted the opinion of lawyer in Missouri that the director of the CDC must be lying. If you were simply too stupid to see that, I apologize for calling you a liar.

First the good news: The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services just put out a request for contracts for 500 million face masks. Now the bad news: The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services just issued its request on Wednesday for contracts for the masks that can give health care workers some measure of protection against a new coronavirus — more than three months after the virus, now sickening and killing people worldwide, began to spread in China. And the proposals aren’t due back until March 18. The mask request is just one of several efforts on behalf of federal agencies to round up basic supplies for dealing with the new coronavirus that should have been made much, much earlier.

After cutting much of the infrastructure necessary to protect the U.S. from the virus, officially known as SARS-CoV-2 and which causes a disease called Covid-19, the Trump administration is now scrambling to play catch up, according to a survey of recently released documents. A request for information from the Domestic Strategic National Stockpile’s Office of Resource Management asks vendors of medical supplies how much protective gear they have in stock. The survey, which went out to government contractors on February 24, queries the companies about their current and projected inventory of “N95 Respirators, Surgical N95 Masks, Coveralls, Tyvek Suits or equivalent Coverall, Gowns, Non-Splash Goggles, and Face Shields” to assist with the outbreak. Responses are due on March 24.

Some of the recently released announcements about federal funding opportunities are what you might expect from any government racing to keep up with a fast-moving crisis. On March 5, for instance, the FDA modified an existing contract with Stanford University that was to do Ebola research and will soon include “a near-term analysis of 2019 Novel Coronavirus.” As the notice of intent to change makes clear, it “leverages the technology and methodology for examining Ebola sequelae and Zika immunopathology” that was already in place. The just-added work entails characterizing the new virus “using samples from non-human primate (NHP) animal models and human tissues (pending availability) to empower future regulatory decision making.”

But the requests for contract and spending proposals are only now beginning to trickle out while the Trump administration is facing an avalanche of criticism for its delayed and bungled response to the virus, which as of Tuesday afternoon had caused at least 794 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the U.S. and more than 116,000 worldwide.

The fractured response “has everything to do with the way we fund disaster preparedness,” said Nicolette Louissaint, an expert in global health and pharmaceutical trade policy and the executive director of Healthcare Ready, an organization focused on meeting patient needs before, during, and after disease outbreaks and catastrophic events. “What we haven’t yet done as a nation is to determine and agree to what the baseline funding level should be in order to make sure that the nation is sufficiently protected for disasters and disease outbreaks.” While Louissant described the U.S. government as chronically failing to prepare for epidemics, she said the problem has intensified in the last three years.

Since the emergence of the new coronavirus in January, the White House has focused on downplaying rather than addressing the global spread of the illness. In early February, as the spread of the virus was accelerating throughout the world, the administration released a budget that included steep cuts to the Department of Health and Human Services, the federal agency responsible for health and well-being of Americans. Weeks later, as the first American was dying of Covid-19, Trump referred to the virus as a “hoax” at a campaign rally. Last week, as the virus entered the community transmission phase in parts of the U.S., the administration still had yet to grasp — or adequately respond to — the extent of the crisis, with both Pence and Trump promising and failing to supply enough test kits for the growing number of people falling ill across the country. The U.S. has managed to provide only 5 tests for every million people, whereas South Korea has supplied 3,692.

Federal Coronavirus Contract Requests Show the U.S. in a Desperate Scramble to Catch Up

Well that was easy for you huh. Tell ya what mod, if you ever see me quoting MSBNBC or CNN as accurate you be sure and let me know, k?

Well, I'll tell you what...Bo......If you wouldn't use those two outlets then you shouldn't use The Intercept.

Don't see how you get there mod. The Intercept has doggedly reported US war crimes. Any of your corporate state outlets go near it?

Don't see how you get there mod. The Intercept has doggedly reported US war crimes. Any of your corporate state outlets go near it?
Before I even started looking at the content, I looked at who Founded it, that would be the first clue.....Bo
"Your corporate state outlets", an interesting choice of words from a supposedly American

Before I even started looking at the content, I looked at who Founded it, that would be the first clue.....Bo
"Your corporate state outlets", an interesting choice of words from a supposedly American

And your beacon of truth? Who do you turn to that you would not dig more up on your own once seeing one article?

Again, who else has outted documented US war crimes?

Do you swallow any outlet or do you dig further? No link is the end all be all of anything.

Like I said, blow it off, wtfever.

You equating the Intercept with CNN and MSNBC is ridiculous, and questionable in intent. So is leaving out Fox.

Fox News' coronavirus coverage stands in stark contrast to its coverage of Ebola in 2014
Fox News' coronavirus coverage stands in stark contrast to its coverage of Ebola in 2014

In the run-up to the 2014 midterm elections, cable news outlets -- and Fox News in particular -- fearmongered over an Ebola outbreak in Africa, before suddenly dropping the story after the votes were counted. Fox News figures pushed hard on the idea that President Barack Obama's administration was inept at responding to a potential pandemic.

As America faces a coronavirus pandemic under President Donald Trump, many of those same people are now singing a different tune.

Rules for radicals...........

When caught in a lie..........change the subject and try to make us defend ourselves calling THEM A LIAR....

It is a tactic............being used by Slade here.......as he is a better than average TROLL........now he will ask me to PROVE HE IS A TROLL........because I called him one.......

And this is how it works............just like the gator golfing changing HIS OUTRAGE...........to the word HUNCH........

I was not caught in a lie, I never said he told people to go to work sick.

Nice try, but your defense of your god has fallen flat once again.
He’s fighting the strawman that he made up.... that’s why he can’t point to a lie. He uses vague language. The closest he got to pointing out my lie was “your defense of the go to work narrative”... he is way to emotional for a rational debate. its rather pathetic.
Pathetic is the 3 years of TDS from people like you and the media........My point stands........The OP is BS.........it is a soundbite TDS thread......and in the middle the TRUMP SAID GO TO WORK with the Virus came up.....And that is on this thread and many others.

It is a LIE.........And the left and the Media are LYING Sacks...........This is what your party offers.........LIES.....PERPETUAL LIES.

When caught in a lie..........change the subject and try to make us defend ourselves calling THEM A LIAR....

It is a tactic............being used by Slade here.......as he is a better than average TROLL........now he will ask me to PROVE HE IS A TROLL........because I called him one.......

And this is how it works............just like the gator golfing changing HIS OUTRAGE...........to the word HUNCH........

He’s fighting the strawman that he made up.... that’s why he can’t point to a lie. He uses vague language. The closest he got to pointing out my lie was “your defense of the go to work narrative”... he is way to emotional for a rational debate. its rather pathetic.

That is the hallmark of one defending their god...emotion over rational thought
Again.......BS..........and this is a couple of TDS BS artists having a group hug.......

The go to work is BS..........you admitted it already.....then changed the subject that Trump SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD A HUNCH.

Your side is a bunch of losers..........You are running a LOSER for POTUS..............You will lose........Trump will be Re-elected................and the Whining will continue...........

Again.......BS..........and this is a couple of TDS BS artists having a group hug.......

The go to work is BS..........you admitted it already.....then changed the subject that Trump SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD A HUNCH.

Your side is a bunch of losers..........You are running a LOSER for POTUS..............You will lose........Trump will be Re-elected................and the Whining will continue...........

:iyfyus.jpg:

:iyfyus.jpg:
\Whatever Gator.................You proved my point..........and then went on a TDS rant on how the President shouldn't have a hunch...............And I agree with HIS OPINION...............

This is a TDS theread of sound bites.............Join your fellow Lunatics with your POM POMS on how much you HATE TRUMP...........Daily dose for 3 stinking years and you never stop..........

Now go kiss the ops ass and have your wittle TDS rally.

\Whatever Gator.................You proved my point..........and then went on a TDS rant on how the President shouldn't have a hunch...............And I agree with HIS OPINION...............

This is a TDS theread of sound bites.............Join your fellow Lunatics with your POM POMS on how much you HATE TRUMP...........Daily dose for 3 stinking years and you never stop..........

Now go kiss the ops ass and have your wittle TDS rally.

I know, it is not nice of me to laugh at your ignorance, it is not your fault.

Yes, I did say I did not want to hear hunches from the POTUS...but what you are either too stupid to understand or have your head too far up Trump's ass to understand is I feel that way about any and every POTUS, not just the current one.

And of course you agree with his opinion, you have never disagreed with the man on this forum, you are one of the chief worshipers on here. Tomorrow he could say that the sky is green and the grass is orange and you would agree with him.

The main reason I laughed at you is that I like Trump more than I did Obama and way more than any of the Dems running.

Interesting video pushed out by Mr Kellyanne Conway showing how Trumps messaging about the Coronavirus compares with other world leaders.

I know the reaction from non Trump diehards would be the usual headshake and familiar surge of embarrassment from how he represents our country.... however I’m curious how the Trump supporters see this video....

During the clips when Trump speaks in contrast with the other world leaders are you Trump supporters seeing the shining light of truth setting a new example of how to properly react? Or are you hearing something else? Serious question...

How on earth can you left-wing nuts PRETEND you're not politicizing this virus.

YOU are guilty of what you try to pin on Trump. Everybody sees it but you.

Any fool who can say, with a straight face, that they support Trump after this masterpiece of a presidential statement, has my deepest sympathy:

“I like this stuff. You know, my uncle he was at MIT. He taught for like a record number of years. He was a great super genius. I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand. Every one of these doctors said how do you know so much about this? Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president, but you know what? What they’ve done is really incredible. I understand that whole world. I love that world. I really do. I love that world, and they should be given tremendous credit.”
Donald J Trump

Any fool who can say, with a straight face, that they support Trump after this masterpiece of a presidential statement, has my deepest sympathy:

“I like this stuff. You know, my uncle he was at MIT. He taught for like a record number of years. He was a great super genius. I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand. Every one of these doctors said how do you know so much about this? Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president, but you know what? What they’ve done is really incredible. I understand that whole world. I love that world. I really do. I love that world, and they should be given tremendous credit.”
Donald J Trump
He certainly seems to be right about that. Way back in January, before other world leaders even acknowledged there was a problem, the President began to take steps to contain the virus and since then he has taken all the right moves. Even as the WHO irresponsibly sent out inaccurate statements that cause panic, President Trump took steps to limit the damage these WHO reports were doing and while the Democrats and lied and postured about the outbreak and how the US was handling it, the President worked to limit the damage they were doing to the economy. After eight years of Obama trying to look presidential, it must be confusing to you to have a president who is more interested in outcomes than in optics.

Hey Einstein, is it spreading or not?
Well retard, how would I know? I know, why don't check in with cnn and let us all know the "facts".
Just admit Fat Donnie is the worst President ever. Go ahead and check in with reality. It will set you free.
Trump has nothing to do with this bullshit virus.
Thats why everyone says he is poor leader. His involvement in the virus is limited to contradicting his appointed fall guy and disseminating false or misleading information.
Everyone doesn't say he is a poor leader. Only liars like you.
The whole entire world must be liars then. :rolleyes:

not happy... just looking for some honesty. You point to a rule but can’t cite the rule just a quote from one guy who is contradicted by several others. There’s an easy way to resolve it and thats by pointing to the law/regulation in question. If Obama made a regulation that held up the testing and trump reversed it then it should be easy to point out.
You just can't put up a post without telling lies. I quoted the director of CDC who supported the President's statement about the Obama rule and you countered with some lawyer in Missouri. Also the state health officials in California and Washington state complained about the rule and claimed it prevented them from doing the testing they wanted to do.
There is a simple way to settle it. Just point to the regulation. Why can’t you do that?
I quoted the statement of the director of CDC and that would have been sufficient for you if you weren't just a troll.
I’m not trolling. I’m posting links and quotes from real sources. There is obviously conflict over this issue so why not settle it by referring to the actual rule in question. If it exists then we should be able to see it, don’t you agree?

There is a simple way to settle it. Just point to the regulation. Why can’t you do that?
I quoted the statement of the director of CDC and that would have been sufficient for you if you weren't just a troll.
I’m not trolling. I’m posting links and quotes from real sources. There is obviously conflict over this issue so why not settle it by referring to the actual rule in question. If it exists then we should be able to see it, don’t you agree?
You are clearly just a troll.

Hey Einstein, is it spreading or not?
Well retard, how would I know? I know, why don't check in with cnn and let us all know the "facts".
Just admit Fat Donnie is the worst President ever. Go ahead and check in with reality. It will set you free.
Trump has nothing to do with this bullshit virus.
Just as the virus has nothing to do with Don's incompetence.
There is no virus, liar.
Another idiot that doesnt believe in viruses eh?

Interesting video pushed out by Mr Kellyanne Conway showing how Trumps messaging about the Coronavirus compares with other world leaders.

I know the reaction from non Trump diehards would be the usual headshake and familiar surge of embarrassment from how he represents our country.... however I’m curious how the Trump supporters see this video....

During the clips when Trump speaks in contrast with the other world leaders are you Trump supporters seeing the shining light of truth setting a new example of how to properly react? Or are you hearing something else? Serious question...

How on earth can you left-wing nuts PRETEND you're not politicizing this virus.

YOU are guilty of what you try to pin on Trump. Everybody sees it but you.

The only person politicizing the virus is Drumpf. He called it a Dem hoax.

You are clearly just a troll.
Why do you say that?

Forum List

Back