Corruption From The Top

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Those who took their education into their own hands, rather than allowing the government schools to warp their perceptions of right and wrong, probably recall that the United States has a President, not a King.

In theory, the Constitution places restrictions, known as 'checks and balances' on what the executive can and cannot do.....again....in theory.

Some might recall the Corrupter-in-Chief shredding the Constitution and the Clinton Welfare Reform Act at the same time:

1. "Determined to destroy Bill Clinton’s signature achievement, President Obama’s administration has opened a loophole in the 1996 welfare reform legislation...The Congress specifically prohibited the use of education or training to fulfill the requirement. When it passed welfare reform, Congress expressly limited the authority of the secretary of HHS to waive the work requirement.

“Section 415(a)(2)(B) of the welfare reform act, now codified at 42 U.S.C. § 615(a)(2)(B), expressly states that ‘a waiver granted under section 1315 of this title [the one that HHS now claims it is acting under] or otherwise which relates to the provision of assistance under a State program funded under this part (as in effect on Sept. 30, 1996) shall not affect the applicability of section 607 of this title [which applies the work requirements] to the State.’ In short, whatever else might be said of the scope of the waiver authority, the Secretary has no lawful authority to waive the work requirements of section 607, which is what HHS is contemplating in its Memorandum.”
Obama kills welfare reform | TheHill

Today, another chapter in the illegality of the community organizer....or 'constitutional law professor'.....or, simply, Oligarch:

2. "President Obama has told Obamacare’s critics that the law is “settled” and “here to stay.” But today he is saying he’ll violate the law to put a Band-Aid on it for another year.

3. ...the President’s “plan would allow people to keep their plans into 2014,” by allowing the sale of insurance plans that don’t meet the law’s new requirements.

4. There’s one problem—the President’s promise that his new “plan” can allow people to keep their plans is just as flawed and false as his original “like your plan/keep it” pledge.

5. The law itself is clear: Obamacare’s new benefit mandates—....all take effect on January 1, 2014.

6. ..... there’s only one institution that can change the law: Congress.

7. ...Obama’s “plan” attempts to ignore them entirely."
Obama's Cancellation "Fix": Violating the Law for a Short-Term Public Relations Move

Again:
..... there’s only one institution that can change the law: Congress.

Of course there is one group of individuals to whom the law....any law that stands in the way of their wishes.....is merely a suggestion.
That group...known colloquially as Liberals....have no respect for any law.....even the Constitution.

Another piece of history: the first Progressive President, Woodrow Wilson, suggested this...

Justly revered as our great Constitution is, it could be stripped off and thrown aside like a garment, and the nation would still stand forth in the living vestment of flesh and sinew, warm with the heart-blood of one people, ready to recreate constitutions and laws. … Woodrow Wilson [Woodrow Wilson
"The Modern Democratic State" (1885; first published in 1966)
The Papers of Woodrow Wilson, Volume 5]

And so it has.

I love how Obama sees executive order as his right to bypass the constitution too.

Absolutely!

And not a peep from the Democrats/Liberals/Leftists!

Just moments ago, George Will discussed the same subject as the OP, naming it a constitutional scandal.

The President has assumed the role of the Congress, re-writing, extemporaneously, laws passed by the body whose role it is to pass laws.....

And what, he posed, would be the response of the Left, if a future Republican President walked into the press room and said "I've determined that the capital gains tax is not in the benefit of the nation....so we are no longer going to enforce it."?

I love how Obama sees executive order as his right to bypass the constitution too.

Absolutely!

Just moments ago, George Will discussed the same subject as the OP, naming it a constitutional scandal.

The President has assumed the role of the Congress, re-writing, extemporaneously, laws passed by the body whose role it is to pass laws.....

And what, he posed, would be the response of the Left, if a future Republican President walked into the press room and said "I've determined that the capital gains tax is not in the benefit of the nation....so we are no longer going to enforce it."?

it is interesting to see that almost everything the complained about GWB and the republicans for, Obama and crew have done the same or worse. Yet they are silent. the Obama administration has exposed the liberal sheep as a collective group of hypocrites. I have lost more respect for the left in the last few years because of that alone.

Absolutely!

it is interesting to see that almost everything the complained about GWB and the republicans for, Obama and crew have done the same or worse. Yet they are silent. the Obama administration has exposed the liberal sheep as a collective group of hypocrites. I have lost more respect for the left in the last few years because of that alone.

"....everything the complained about GWB..."

Amen to that, bro!

Here, from the snake himself @ 1:14

He says Congress has a role, and the President has a role....."I taught the Constitution...I believe in the Constitution....not gonna use signing statements [executive orders] as a way of doing an end-run around Congress."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eci77PJACCs]Obama on Presidential Signing Statements - YouTube[/ame]

The Liar-in-Chief.

Let's see ya' defend that, Libs.

Once upon a time this was a nation that was judicious, and followed the laws set down.

In fact, Adams famously said

"“A government of laws, and not of men.”
John Adams

In a dictatorship, the Dictator makes up laws as he goes along.

Absolutely!

Calling them hypocrites is praising them with faint damnation. They are neo-religious zealots who believe that imposing their beliefs (aka "Good") is a moral imperative which justifies any and all means of suppressing contrary beliefs (aka "Evil). To them, Democracy and Rule of Law are nothing more than handy slogans for manipulating the masses.

Forum List

Back