Cory Booker: “If I Had The Power” To Ban Guns “I Would”

Who cares what it looks like? What it could do was what counted.
And yet, the sale and manufacture of one rifle was banned 1994-2004; the sale and manufacture of the other was not.
How could the ban any any effect on mass shootings?
Tell me what the two guns are and what their capabilities are, and then we'll have this discussion. I am not interested in your card tricks.
The two rifles are identical, save for the visual differences you see - one has a flash suppressor and a bayonet lug, the other does not.
In all other ways they are exactly the same - they are both AR15 based rifles, chambered in 5.45x45, with 30-rd magazines.

Now then:
I asked you a question.
Give the facts demonstrated here, how could the 1994 'assault weapon' ban have any effect on mass shootings?
Can you answer the question, or not?

Last edited:
And yet, the sale and manufacture of one rifle was banned 1994-2004; the sale and manufacture of the other was not.
Tell me what the two guns are and what their capabilities are, and then we'll have this discussion. I am not interested in your card tricks.
The two rifles are identical, save for the visual differences you see - one has a flash suppressor and a bayonet lug, the other does not.
In all other way, they are exactly the same - they are both AR15 based rifles, chambered in 5.45x45, with 30-rd magazines.

Now then:
I asked you a question.
Give the facts demonstrated here, how could the 1994 'assault weapon' ban have any effect on mass shootings?
:desk::desk::desk:

In all other way, they are exactly the same - they are both AR15 based rifles, chambered in 5.45x45, with 30-rd magazines.

Now then:
I asked you a question.
Now, be patient - Old Lady will never learn if people keep answering for her.

Now then:
I asked you a question.
you're right, old lady will never learn.

Now then:
I asked you a question.
Wait... her ignorance is willful?
Why do you suppose that is?

Now then:
I asked you a question.
Wait... her ignorance is willful?
Why do you suppose that is?
:desk:

In all other ways they are exactly the same - they are both AR15 based rifles, chambered in 5.45x45, with 30-rd magazines.

Now then:
I asked you a question.
Why was one banned and one not? There had to be a reason. Spit it out.

Now then:
I asked you a question.
I rest my case.

Now then:
I asked you a question.
The Democrats who wrote the law are morons; they wanted to ban 'assault weapons' but could not think of way to do with other than to define the guns they wanted to ban by appearance and/or the inclusion of certain accessories that have no effect on the function of the rifle.

I've given you more than enough information to answer my question:
Given the facts demonstrated here, how could the 1994 'assault weapon' ban have any effect on mass shootings?
Well?

Now then:
I asked you a question.
The Democrats who wrote the law are morons; they wanted to ban 'assault weapons' but could not think of way to do with other than to define the guns they wanted to ban by appearance and/or the inclusion of certain accessories that have no effect on the function of the rifle.

Given the facts demonstrated here, how could the 1994 'assault weapon' ban have any effect on mass shootings?
Well?
old woman never answers a question. always a question for a question. ALWAYS. you'll be asking her this question until hell freezes over and then she still won't answer.

Now then:
I asked you a question.

Well?
old woman never answers a question. always a question for a question. ALWAYS. you'll be asking her this question until hell freezes over and then she still won't answer.
Because she isn't interested in the truth.

And that's your opinion. Yo have no right to tell anyone whether or not they can choose to live or die

And no one makes a profit from suicide.

Oh, the gun industry does...

He would ban guns. Here are the results:

1) he would still fe protected by guns
2) bad guys would still have guns
3) law abiding citizens would no longer be able to own guns and thus be the only ones without guns as the result of Booker’s plan.

You run on that, Corey. See what happens.

71% of us don't own guns... even a lot of gun owners think the gun laws are too loose...

The problem is the NRA is very good at scaring people, but eventually, someone is going to call them on it. Looks like that's happening now.

Founding Slave Rapists?

Uhhhhh... yeah... thank you for playing.

Nobody cares if your great-great-great-great grandmother got boinked by Ol' Tom.

Let's just strip the inner-city denizens of their Right to Bear Arms.

That ought to cut the gun-death rate in half or more, all by itself.

1) Sorry, dude, I'm white. I know that you can't comprehend that someone white would recognize there is racial injustice, but there it is.

2) Um yeah, our country was founded on racist principles - blacks being 3/5th of a white person and all that.

3) Again, not seeing how having an armed citizenry really helps much of anything. We have 40K gun deaths a year, we spend billions on internal security.... and we have the highest crime rates in the 'Free" world.

Time to try something a bit better. Or you can keep being a racist douchenoodle while the One Percent fuck you in the ass. That works.

Now then:
I asked you a question.
You haven't answered my question. What are the two rifles in your pic?

Now then:
I asked you a question.

Well?
Because she isn't interested in the truth.
Just waiting for a straight answer. Maybe you don't know the answer.

Now then:
I asked you a question.
Emotion.

These were banned by the Federal Assault Weapons Ban:
Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Wiki notes:
Cosmetic features[edit]
Gun control advocates and gun rights advocates have referred to at least some of the features outlined in the federal Assault Weapon Ban of 1994 as cosmetic. The NRA Institute for Legislative Action and the Violence Policy Center both used the term in publications that were released by them in September 2004, when the ban expired.[14][15] In May 2012, the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence said that "the inclusion in the list of features that were purely cosmetic in nature created a loophole that allowed manufacturers to successfully circumvent the law by making minor modifications to the weapons they already produced."

Politicians will close those loopholes this time. Live and learn.

And that's your opinion. Yo have no right to tell anyone whether or not they can choose to live or die

And no one makes a profit from suicide.

Oh, the gun industry does...

He would ban guns. Here are the results:

1) he would still fe protected by guns
2) bad guys would still have guns
3) law abiding citizens would no longer be able to own guns and thus be the only ones without guns as the result of Booker’s plan.

You run on that, Corey. See what happens.

71% of us don't own guns... even a lot of gun owners think the gun laws are too loose...

The problem is the NRA is very good at scaring people, but eventually, someone is going to call them on it. Looks like that's happening now.
How does the gun industry profit from suicide?

A potential customer is lost to them.

Maybe if 194 out of 195 countries see the sense in regulating gun ownership, maybe it's us that need to rethink things.
Of all the rights we have, the right to keep and bear arms is, by far, the most heavily regulated.
We should have no security problems in our free States with our Second Amendment.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

Forum List

Back