Cost of Pot in Calif to Rise 70% in 2018

Hey that's the beauty of addiction. No matter how high the price is, there will be customers.
pot isnt addictive. But nice try lol
Actually pot is addictive. And it causes severe mental problems as well.

Is marijuana addictive?

Marijuana, Cannabis and Schizophrenia - Schizophrenia.com

Most of that research is checking on use by kids who started at a young age. If it is legalized, it will only be sold to people over the age of 21 like alcohol is.

Yeah, I know, kids will be able to get pot, but they are also able to get alcohol as well, and alcohol is much more addictive, as well as does more damage to the body than marijuana does.

But if adults use marijuana? Almost a zero chance of physical addiction. Yeah, you can ask about being mentally addicted, but people can become mentally addicted to things like video games, the internet, other people (called codependency), shopping, gambling, eating, etc.

Marijuana is a lot less harmful than alcohol. And, alcohol is far more addictive.

Hey that's the beauty of addiction. No matter how high the price is, there will be customers.

Is marijuana addictive?

OK maybe 1 in 200 somehow get addicted to it. I know A LOT of weed smokers and none of them are addicted.
I was also told by an addiction counselor that isnt "psycologicaly" addictive. People get addicted to the habit. As rare as it is.
Ask them to give it up for 2 months. They can’t.

Now you see the genius of Milton Freidmans "running out of sand in the Sahara" quote.

Please, please take CA and leave

This could be great for the economy if they werent so damn stupid.
Legalizing it just to make it so expensive the black market still thrives seems redundant.
I suspect the politicians are in league with the black market.

Actually, it's that the politicians see a popular product that they can tax the crap out of and they are using that as another revenue stream.

Nope, I don't think that the politicians are in league with the black market. Both groups hate competition.
Black market for pot is well established. I predicted years ago the cartels would kill legal pot by undercutting the price.

It’s happening.

Where specifically?

Is marijuana addictive?

OK maybe 1 in 200 somehow get addicted to it. I know A LOT of weed smokers and none of them are addicted.
I was also told by an addiction counselor that isnt "psycologicaly" addictive. People get addicted to the habit. As rare as it is.

LOL.

Most of my college friends used to smoke pot. Most of them stopped smoking in their 30's- it was just simpler and easier to buy booze.

And no- none of them had any problems stopping smoking.

Only California could legalize pot and still make black markets more attractive than ever.

California will include a 15% levy on all cannabis sales in the state, including medical pot products, starting in January. Meanwhile, local governments are also adding taxes for sellers and growers that could result in a 70% increase in the price of a small bag of good quality marijuana in parts of the state.

Between state and local taxes, some buyers will see an effective tax as high as 45% on adult-use cannabis in California. Proponents of legalization have long pointed to the collection of state and local taxes on marijuana sales as a big benefit.

The new cannabis industry in the state has a projected value of $7 billion with the potential to collect $1 billion per year in tax revenue. But industry leaders in California claim that the high taxes give illicit vendors the upper hand.

“High tax rates raise prices in legal markets, reinforcing the price advantage of black markets,” the global credit ratings firm Fitch Ratings said in a report. “California’s black markets for cannabis were well established long before its voters legalized cannabis in November 2016 and are expected to dominate post-legalization production.”

Why California Marijuana Taxes Could Cause Prices to Jump 70% in 2018

Or- what could happen- is exactly what happened when the Prohibition of alcohol ended.

Part of the cost of black market anything is the higher cost of production and distribution- and the risk factor involved.

Legal pot in California will be able to be grown in more productive agricultural lands- and the cost of production could offset the taxes.

But like just like legal alcohol versus moonshine- as long as the cost of legal pot is not particularly higher than illegal pot, people will tend to buy the legal pot.

Or California might be forced to lower the taxes to be more in line with the taxes on alcohol.

It will all work out- the cartels have already largely moved away from the pot economy because of the competition from legal pot.

Is marijuana addictive?

i gave it up for 30 years...no problems and i smoked probably most of the week for at least 10 years....

Interestingly enough, in Colorado the prices have gone down a bit, and now, people who are out of state can buy a full ounce in a store rather than the quarter ounce that was allowed before.
I was in Denver two weeks ago and there is no limit to how much you can buy...

This could be great for the economy if they werent so damn stupid.
Legalizing it just to make it so expensive the black market still thrives seems redundant.
I suspect the politicians are in league with the black market.

Actually, it's that the politicians see a popular product that they can tax the crap out of and they are using that as another revenue stream.

Nope, I don't think that the politicians are in league with the black market. Both groups hate competition.
Black market for pot is well established. I predicted years ago the cartels would kill legal pot by undercutting the price.

It’s happening.
It's not just a price issue but a constant supply and quality issue that scores the highest points in sales...

Is marijuana addictive?

I had to give it up for 6 months for basic and AIT...

The wholesale price of weed in California took a nosedive and the govt. is looking to scoop up that lowered price for more taxation, they also are trying to legalize 'shrooms man...

Is marijuana addictive?

Yeah, but the schizophrenia....

Is marijuana addictive?

Yeah, but that's just the voices in your head talking!

Is marijuana addictive?

So.

So.

If you have any extra cash, I suggest buying a sense of humor. Yours is defective! :D

So.

If you have any extra cash, I suggest buying a sense of humor. Yours is defective! :D
Uh, my post was funny, dude. Read it again.

Is marijuana addictive?

Stop posting in here for 2 months. Or are you addicted d? :)

Is marijuana addictive?

Stop posting in here for 2 months. Or are you addicted d? :)
I’m addicted to politics. Elected every 4 years for 20 years by my town. I know I’m an addicted but I’m not going to Betty Ford clinic yet.

Forum List

Back