Could Bernie Sanders win as a write in candidate?

No. While he has a lot of die hard supporters there are way too many party hacks who will vote for whoever the nominee is. It goes the same for the Republicans. Many say they would vote for Trump if he ran third party, but at the end of the day most will vote for the nominee.

Sadly this is realistic, even if technically it's possible*. People are fucking lemmings. The fact that any biped at all pays any attention to Dumbnalld Rump is a perfect example.

I don't get the sentiment to "vote for Hillary so she can unite the party". What good does that do? Let both the parties crash and burn. It's overdue.

* Strom Thurmond won a Senate seat as a write-in with no party (1954). Of course he was an incumbent and former governor and very well known in the state.

It's probably too late for Bernie to get on the general election ballot as an Independent. But what if Bernie makes a statement asking his supporters to write in his name? How many would do it, rather than vote for the female version of Trump?

And what would happen if Bernie actually got the most votes? Would the electoral college overturn the popular vote...again? Would the SCOTUS overturn it...again?

How many republicans would write in Bernie instead of voting for Trump or the female version?

How pitiful is America, when both candidates are hated by the vast majority of all the voters? No matter the outcome, there's going to be trouble in paradise.

It worked for other candidates who have lost. Why not?

It's probably too late for Bernie to get on the general election ballot as an Independent. But what if Bernie makes a statement asking his supporters to write in his name? How many would do it, rather than vote for the female version of Trump?

:lol: the female version of trump?

bernie and his supporters are smarter than to believe THAT nonsense.

And what would happen if Bernie actually got the most votes? Would the electoral college overturn the popular vote...again? Would the SCOTUS overturn it...again?

How many republicans would write in Bernie instead of voting for Trump or the female version?

How pitiful is America, when both candidates are hated by the vast majority of all the voters? No matter the outcome, there's going to be trouble in paradise.

Yes, I love when Democrats tell the story about how Al Gore was such an idiot he didn't understand the electoral college and ran for the popular vote. That was dumber than when he invented the internet. LOL, tell it again ...

No.

He will not win through the write in process and all he would do is steal votes from Clinton. Clinton best bet is to take him as her VP ( if she win the nomination ) so she can unite the Democratic Party.

Hillary used SuperDelegates to steal the nomination away from Bernie, so fair's fair

No.

He will not win through the write in process and all he would do is steal votes from Clinton. Clinton best bet is to take him as her VP ( if she win the nomination ) so she can unite the Democratic Party.

Too Old to have as VP... He could be a one term VP and aswap to younger guy for the second term... If I was Hillary I would his opinion on VP options...

Unless Trump wins the first ballot, he's not going to win the nomination, and it appears he won't win on the first ballot. If I were Hillary, I'd offer VP to Trump. Sure he's a horses ass, but she'd do anything to win and he's a bitter, spiteful guy. Sure it's a match made in hell, but I don't see how it wouldn't win. Trump would bring enough pissed off people as VP and he's not really, truly a member of either party anyway, it's all about the Don. He's probably do it if he's not the Republican nominee

yeah right.. she's so corrupt and now she's stealing the election!! oh my!! :lol:

you guys are hysterical, the way you repeatedly squawk all your talking points like good little parrots. :itsok:

No.

Too Old to have as VP... He could be a one term VP and aswap to younger guy for the second term... If I was Hillary I would his opinion on VP options...

Unless Trump wins the first ballot, he's not going to win the nomination, and it appears he won't win on the first ballot. If I were Hillary, I'd offer VP to Trump. Sure he's a horses ass, but she'd do anything to win and he's a bitter, spiteful guy. Sure it's a match made in hell, but I don't see how it wouldn't win. Trump would bring enough pissed off people as VP and he's not really, truly a member of either party anyway, it's all about the Don. He's probably do it if he's not the Republican nominee

Rump's an absolutely classic Narcissist --- he'll never play second fiddle. Nor would any POTUS candidate want him there constantly distracting his administration. It would be a circus.

Never gonna happen. Ever. Far more likely he pulls a Teddy Roosevelt.

Y'all remember that, right? TR siphoned off so many votes that the Democrat won with under 42% of the vote, and yet swept the electoral college in a landslide.

Place yer bets.

No.

Rump's an absolutely classic Narcissist --- he'll never play second fiddle. Nor would any POTUS candidate want him there constantly distracting his administration. It would be a circus.

Y'all remember that, right? TR siphoned off so many votes that the Democrat won with under 42% of the vote, and yet swept the electoral college in a landslide.

Place yer bets.

Hillary is willing to pay any price to be President. She'd make a deal with a crossroad demon in a heartbeat

Trump if he doesn't get the nomination will do anything to make the Republicans pay and he has no particular ideological issue with Hillary

Hell yeah it could happen

A Shrillary supporter is NOT going to CON Bernie supporters into voting for the female Trump. Bernie is an Independent, and so are his supporters. Shrillary already made it clear that Bernie is not one of her kind....and neither are we.

No.

Place yer bets.

Hillary is willing to pay any price to be President. She'd make a deal with a crossroad demon in a heartbeat

Trump if he doesn't get the nomination will do anything to make the Republicans pay and he has no particular ideological issue with Hillary

Hell yeah it could happen

I realize you're still working on the reading thing but what I'm referring to there that will "never happen" is your suggestion of Rump as a VP. For any political party. I thought that was obvious from "second fiddle".

1- 47 to 50% of the electorate is composed as Parasites.

2- Over 90% of Americans received their "education" at a government school. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state. –Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

In conclusion, if I was Comrade Sanders I would become a write-in candidate.

A Shrillary supporter is NOT going to CON Bernie supporters into voting for the female Trump. Bernie is an Independent, and so are his supporters. Shrillary already made it clear that Bernie is not one of her kind....and neither are we.

Sure she will, all she has to do to get most of the Bernie Bots on-board is drone on about giving them "FREE SHIT" .

Clearance Sale! Millions of Bernie Bots only $14 TRILLION of other peoples money.

No.

Place yer bets.

Of course --- in order to do that, to split off and siphon off votes thereby handing the election to the party you were always opposed to -- takes a massive self-centered egotist (as TR was described at the time) who's only interested in himself at the expense of anything else, who runs solely to save that massive ego after being rejected by the party's convention. Somebody who just can't stand to be out of the spotlight, who runs and whines about every perceived slight in the most public forum he can find -- someone like.....

-- Lincoln Chafee? Bzzzzt
--- Carly Fiorina? Wrong again...

One more guess.

Forum List

Back