Could the Democratic Party be looking at the "Perfect Storm?"

Pretty much accurate methinks, except that it's possible the RP does not (can not) stop Rump from taking its nomination and that spurs a third party run with a genuine conservative -- either way we get three major candidates, which has the same siphoning effect. As Ross Perot put it, a giant sucking sound.

The Republican Party is undergoing the same familial schism that the Democratic Party went through in the 1960s. Back then it was Wallace playing the part of Rump. In both cases they need(ed) the same thing --- eventually you have to take out the trash, or it starts to stink.

Unfortunately if the establishment candidate were to run third party against HRC and Trump., it could split the Electoral votes enough that none of the candidates could reach the magic 270, and then the House of Representatives gets to try a contingent election.
And that would the end of the Electoral college. Most people still believe the candidate that get's the most votes wins the election. WRONG! A few educated voters believe the candidate that get's the most electorial college votes wins the election. WRONG!. To be elected as president or vice president, a candidate must have an absolute majority (50%, plus one vote) of the electoral votes for that position. If no candidate has a majority of votes, 50% +1, the the House of Representative picks the president from the the top 3 candidates and the Senate picks the Vice President from the top 3 candidates. So, Mickey Mouse can be picked as president and Donald Duck as Vice President.

Keep in mind that electors in 29 states can can vote for anyone they chose. They are not bond by law to vote in accordance with the popular vote in their state.

The Electoral College - Fairvote

Right. There might be some question as to what happens if neither has can reach a quorum to even vote on a contingent election. Presumably if neither a POTUS or Veep were elected, it would fall to the Speaker of the House. All the more reason for Dems and young folks to pay attention to House races and VOTE in them.
I agree, but better still, is get rid of the electoral college that will eventually prove that the founders didn't know what they were doing when they came up with this nonsense. It took the 12th amendment just to make it workable.

So you're the one?

Make that two of us. The Bush years were awesome. I didn't lose anything during the Obama years, but my gains were much harder to come by - much like the overall economy. Obama can't retire and build his library soon enough.
WTF?

You didn't lose anything when the housing market crashed and the stock market lost half its value and 750,000 a month were losing their jobs?

You are a fucking liar

Many of us are still trying to recover from the mess that the recovering alcoholic left us. It was the worst economic downturn since the great depression. Now the GOP says...

PLEASE LET US DO IT AGAIN!
Except the dnc was in control.

See how easy it is to play this retarded fucking game?

Grow up

You are really slow. The DNC caused the recession? That was a dumb a comment as I have ever read.
Your intelligence has already been determined so stating that you, as a complete moron, find anything dumb is quite ironic.

Pretty much accurate methinks, except that it's possible the RP does not (can not) stop Rump from taking its nomination and that spurs a third party run with a genuine conservative -- either way we get three major candidates, which has the same siphoning effect. As Ross Perot put it, a giant sucking sound.

The Republican Party is undergoing the same familial schism that the Democratic Party went through in the 1960s. Back then it was Wallace playing the part of Rump. In both cases they need(ed) the same thing --- eventually you have to take out the trash, or it starts to stink.

Unfortunately if the establishment candidate were to run third party against HRC and Trump., it could split the Electoral votes enough that none of the candidates could reach the magic 270, and then the House of Representatives gets to try a contingent election.
And that would the end of the Electoral college. Most people still believe the candidate that get's the most votes wins the election. WRONG! A few educated voters believe the candidate that get's the most electorial college votes wins the election. WRONG!. To be elected as president or vice president, a candidate must have an absolute majority (50%, plus one vote) of the electoral votes for that position. If no candidate has a majority of votes, 50% +1, the the House of Representative picks the president from the the top 3 candidates and the Senate picks the Vice President from the top 3 candidates. So, Mickey Mouse can be picked as president and Donald Duck as Vice President.

Keep in mind that electors in 29 states can can vote for anyone they chose. They are not bond by law to vote in accordance with the popular vote in their state.

The Electoral College - Fairvote

Right. There might be some question as to what happens if neither has can reach a quorum to even vote on a contingent election. Presumably if neither a POTUS or Veep were elected, it would fall to the Speaker of the House. All the more reason for Dems and young folks to pay attention to House races and VOTE in them.
I agree, but better still, is get rid of the electoral college that will eventually prove that the founders didn't know what they were doing when they came up with this nonsense. It took the 12th amendment just to make it workable.

all an "experiment" after all. None of them were so presumptuous as to think they got it perfect

RINOs are the true Republicans
They are laughing that you would nominate Trump
aka Please don't kill our precious RINO's.............they are our friends....

Bwahahahahahah

Guess what?

We get to see what happens when RINOs don't pick the candidate
TRUMP

Bwahahahahahah
Back then, the hard Left took over the Democrat Party. There is no change going on in the GOP......they are just dominated by too many RINOs who would be considered Democrats pre-1968.

If there every was a Republican in name only, it's Trump.

Chelsea Clinton is saying that her mother is going to save America from the crush costs of ACA......you know, the legislation we had to pass so we could find out what is in it.
Hope Hillary can make it better

Republicans sure don't give a shit
After the BS your side has done in the recent past.........Yeah we don't give a shit what you think anymore.........spot on.

Ah! The Karl Rove mentality!

aka Please don't kill our precious RINO's.............they are our friends....

Bwahahahahahah

Guess what?

We get to see what happens when RINOs don't pick the candidate
TRUMP

Bwahahahahahah
If there every was a Republican in name only, it's Trump.

Chelsea Clinton is saying that her mother is going to save America from the crush costs of ACA......you know, the legislation we had to pass so we could find out what is in it.
Hope Hillary can make it better

Republicans sure don't give a shit
After the BS your side has done in the recent past.........Yeah we don't give a shit what you think anymore.........spot on.

Ah! The Karl Rove mentality!
If telling liberals to fuck off means that.........yeah.......so what.

Make that two of us. The Bush years were awesome. I didn't lose anything during the Obama years, but my gains were much harder to come by - much like the overall economy. Obama can't retire and build his library soon enough.
WTF?

You didn't lose anything when the housing market crashed and the stock market lost half its value and 750,000 a month were losing their jobs?

You are a fucking liar

Many of us are still trying to recover from the mess that the recovering alcoholic left us. It was the worst economic downturn since the great depression. Now the GOP says...

PLEASE LET US DO IT AGAIN!
Except the dnc was in control.

See how easy it is to play this retarded fucking game?

Grow up

You are really slow. The DNC caused the recession? That was a dumb a comment as I have ever read.
Your intelligence has already been determined so stating that you, as a complete moron, find anything dumb is quite ironic.

Another stupid statement by a mindless troll.

The ship sank & everyone died in the Perfect Storm.

Is this your idea of a good thing? The sinking of our nation? Oh wait.... yall elected Obama twice.
Not the nation. Just the Repug party. Oh wait... y'all elected Bush twice.
I did great under Bush. I've done terrible under Obama

So you're the one?

WTF?

You are a fucking liar

No I'm not a liar you fucking idiot. You don't lose on your 401K until you actually cash in - assuming you cash in on a down swing. Same for stocks when you decide to sell. The value of my house has gone down a little of course, but I plan on staying long term so I may never see the decrease. Plus I sold my first house to buy my current house at the absolute height of the market (which netted me a huge profit) which more than makes up for the decreased value in my current home. If I take my entire history of buying and selling homes which occurred during the Bush era I still come out ahead. Depending on the line of business you're in and if you made smart decisions and didn't panic you should have come out OK. But as I stated and it's absolutely true, I did very well during Bush's years and merely held serve during Obama.

So you're the one?

WTF?

You are a fucking liar

No I'm not a liar you fucking idiot. You don't lose on your 401K until you actually cash in - assuming you cash in on a down swing. Same for stocks when you decide to sell. The value of my house has gone down a little of course, but I plan on staying long term so I may never see the decrease. Plus I sold my first house to buy my current house at the absolute height of the market (which netted me a huge profit) which more than makes up for the decreased value in my current home. If I take my entire history of buying and selling homes which occurred during the Bush era I still come out ahead. Depending on the line of business you're in and if you made smart decisions and didn't panic you should have come out OK. But as I stated and it's absolutely true, I did very well during Bush's years and merely held serve during Obama.
I own a remodeling business. It was brutal. It has rebounded but nothing like it was pre crash.

So you're the one?

WTF?

You are a fucking liar

I own a remodeling business. It was brutal. It has rebounded but nothing like it was pre crash.

I can understand that. I'm in IT. I was fortunate enough not to get laid off. But starting in 2009 and throughout 2015 my raises were nothing like they were from 2001-2008.

Look, Phrump cannot win the General. He will need 90-100% of the white vote. That is impossible.

So you're the one?

WTF?

You are a fucking liar

I call Bull Shit

You made the money you lost under Bush back once Obama became President

So did most Americans

So you're the one?

WTF?

You are a fucking liar

I can understand that. I'm in IT. I was fortunate enough not to get laid off. But starting in 2009 and throughout 2015 my raises were nothing like they were from 2001-2008.
When a $100K IT job can be filled in India for $25K, it puts a lid on a lot jobs..

Is this your idea of a good thing? The sinking of our nation? Oh wait.... yall elected Obama twice.

The GOP is on the ship.
The Democrats are in the water already.
You are incredible. LMAO
Yup.....and realistic.

Any moron can fall for the garbage the left constantly pumps out to low-information voters.
They literally train decent people to hate anyone who doesn't buy their line of BullShit.
It's been going on since Hillary and her husband took the White house. They are in the same group out of Chicago using Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals.
A bunch of coke sniffing commies here to tear this country apart.

Talking to their zombies is like talking to a wall. You can't get them to change their minds. Why? Because these folks know all of the buttons to push to get you to buy into it.

The best way to know what these evil people don't want is focus on the people they attack the most. Right now it's Trump

The GOP is on the ship.
The Democrats are in the water already.
You are incredible. LMAO
Yup.....and realistic.

Any moron can fall for the garbage the left constantly pumps out to low-information voters.
They literally train decent people to hate anyone who doesn't buy their line of BullShit.
It's been going on since Hillary and her husband took the White house. They are in the same group out of Chicago using Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals.
A bunch of coke sniffing commies here to tear this country apart.

Talking to their zombies is like talking to a wall. You can't get them to change their minds. Why? Because these folks know all of the buttons to push to get you to buy into it.

The best way to know what these evil people don't want is focus on the people they attack the most. Right now it's Trump

And you still got Phrump.....:banana:

Forum List

Back