🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Could Trump go more independent? And what would you think of that?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
After the sacking of Priebus, a member (as I understand it) of the Republican Establishment, I've seen an interesting little meme floated a few times - that Trump could be loosening his ties to the party.

That could mean that he would open his doors to Democrats to work on agenda items, health care being the most obvious example.

I'd be curious to know what Trump's supporters would think of that. Obviously they're not big fans of the GOP Establishment, and Trump has to work with SOMEBODY to get things done.

Thoughts?

As Trump has no deeply held principles regarding any issue other than where his ego is concerned, the idea that he can work with anyone on anything is a non-starter.

Democrats have signalled that they are willing to work with Trump and the GOP on ACA improvements, infrastructure and job training programs.

As you have noted many times, those who are still Trump supporters have no interest in getting things done. They are invested in seeing that the US government is broken beyond repair.

That might have worked if he had nominated Obama's pick of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court. Now it is the case of a Rose is but a Rose.

That might have worked if he had nominated Obama's pick of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court. Now it is the case of a Rose is but a Rose.
You mean that Trump could try, but the Democrats wouldn't want to play ball?

I see little practical diference in repealing Obamacare and replacing it with a similar healthcare law and with simply "fixing" Obamacare. Politically there is a difference for the republicans because they want to say they repealed Obamacare.

Trump would be willing to go single payer if he could call it a win.

I've seen nothing to this point to think that Trump is that politically adept as to think this is part of some conscious reboot.

I could be wrong and it could be an opportunity to go in that direction, but I doubt it was actually planned that way, or that it will actually go that way, as Trump doesn't seem to me to see the need to work with anyone, actually.....

After the sacking of Priebus, a member (as I understand it) of the Republican Establishment, I've seen an interesting little meme floated a few times - that Trump could be loosening his ties to the party.

That could mean that he would open his doors to Democrats to work on agenda items, health care being the most obvious example.

I'd be curious to know what Trump's supporters would think of that. Obviously they're not big fans of the GOP Establishment, and Trump has to work with SOMEBODY to get things done.

Thoughts?

At this point he has lost hope with Republicans, especially the likes of Mc Bullshit Cane. He has found the party to be just as much a swamp as the democratic one. Unbelievable cuckery....

Thoughts?

At this point he has lost hope with Republicans, especially the likes of Mc Bullshit Cane. He has found the party to be just as much a swamp as the democratic one. Unbelievable cuckery....
What would you think if he started working with Democrats?

Thoughts?

Trump has never been a Republican. He had to pick one of the two parties if he had any hope of getting elected and Hillary was the anointed one for the Democrats, it was her "time". He couldn't go third party because, let's face, the myopic American voters don't see how a third party could possibly win (hint: they could if everyone who complained about wanting a viable third party actually voted for a third party candidate instead of thinking they could never win and going on to vote for the usual dipshits, but that's a different thread...). No, Trump's party is party Trump.

I'm not sure Trump cares about "getting things done." I'm pretty sure you have to believe in something to want to get something done...

Whatever furthers his brand, pads his résumé, makes him look good, or enhances his wallet or that of his family (now or in the future), that's what Trump believes in.

He sure as heel doesn't care about those of us who didn't vote for him, I'm fairly certain he doesn't care about the Trumplodytes (they'll never leave him just like they'll never admit they were wrong).

No, Trumps not a Republican, he's not a Democrat. He might work with whoever might enrich him personally...

Trump, party of one...

Thoughts?

Trump has never been a Republican. He had to pick one of the two parties if he had any hope of getting elected and Hillary was the anointed one for the Democrats, it was her "time". He couldn't go third party because, let's face, the myopic American voters don't see how a third party could possibly win (hint: they could if everyone who complained about wanting a viable third party actually voted for a third party candidate instead of thinking they could never win and going on to vote for the usual dipshits, but that's a different thread...). No, Trump's party is party Trump.

I'm not sure Trump cares about "getting things done." I'm pretty sure you have to believe in something to want to get something done...

Whatever furthers his brand, pads his résumé, makes him look good, or enhances his wallet or that of his family (now or in the future), that's what Trump believes in.

He sure as heel doesn't care about those of us who didn't vote for him, I'm fairly certain he doesn't care about the Trumplodytes (they'll never leave him just like they'll never admit they were wrong).

No, Trumps not a Republican, he's not a Democrat. He might work with whoever might enrich him personally...

Trump, party of one...
Yep. It would pretty interesting to see how his supporters would react if he cozied up to the Democrats. My guess is that they would say "they're all the swamp, it doesn't matter".

A wild card here could be Schumer. He's been making a lot of noise about how the GOP should allow for more bi-partisanship (of course). Trump could try to tell him to put up or shut up.

What a fuckin' mess.

I love the hjmick idea that Trump could have been nominated as a Democrat had it not not been for Clinton being "annointed". That is as far from reality as one can get.

Trump is tweeting this am about the GOP using the "nuclear option". He's not thinking about bipartisanship.

I don't care who he works with to keep his campaign promises, Which what I think he has been trying to do. However there is no way that the Democrats will back anything that makes Trump look like a success.

I don't care who he works with to keep his campaign promises, Which what I think he has been trying to do. However there is no way that the Democrats will back anything that makes Trump look like a success.

Agreed.

I want results.

And there is no way that dems will work with him.

The best thing he could do for the American people is push for term limits on congress. Full court press this to the American people. Of course the DNC media would be against him, but I suspect even your typical LWNJ like those on this forum, would support him.

Am I dreaming again?

Agreed. I want results. And there is no way that dems will work with him.
If enough Republicans decide he's too toxic, they won't either.

Then what?

Trump is already Independent even though in the GOP............

He's a Nationalist.................and both sides are relentless in their attacks...................

And he continues to fight them both.

I love the hjmick idea that Trump could have been nominated as a Democrat had it not not been for Clinton being "annointed". That is as far from reality as one can get.

Trump is tweeting this am about the GOP using the "nuclear option". He's not thinking about bipartisanship.
He's tweeting about it AGAIN? I do wish he'd stop. He is definitely not thinking of bipartisanship. I don't so much care which side "wins," but without some give and take, whatever comes out of the Congress will be one sided and will continue to fuel the divisiveness in this country. Not good for any of us, and not a good way to get things done. See healthcare if you don't believe me.

I've seen nothing to this point to think that Trump is that politically adept as to think this is part of some conscious reboot.

I could be wrong and it could be an opportunity to go in that direction, but I doubt it was actually planned that way, or that it will actually go that way, as Trump doesn't seem to me to see the need to work with anyone, actually.....
I think 2018 and re election in 2020 will prove your point. Trump supporters are not expecting him to work with the swamp. Trump supporters expect the swamp to work will him.

He's tweeting about it AGAIN? I do wish he'd stop. He is definitely not thinking of bipartisanship. I don't so much care which side "wins," but without some give and take, whatever comes out of the Congress will be one sided and will continue to fuel the divisiveness in this country. Not good for any of us, and not a good way to get things done. See healthcare if you don't believe me.
Tweets are good. Just tell yourself that and stop believing lies from the DNC media.

Thoughts?

What would you think if he started working with Democrats?

Dude hell will freeze over before Democrats would work with Trump your idea is DOA.

Forum List

Back