🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Could Trump go more independent? And what would you think of that?

I love the hjmick idea that Trump could have been nominated as a Democrat had it not not been for Clinton being "annointed". That is as far from reality as one can get.

Trump is tweeting this am about the GOP using the "nuclear option". He's not thinking about bipartisanship.
Nuke option would stop gridlock. It should be used.

I love the hjmick idea that Trump could have been nominated as a Democrat had it not not been for Clinton being "annointed". That is as far from reality as one can get.

Trump is tweeting this am about the GOP using the "nuclear option". He's not thinking about bipartisanship.
He's tweeting about it AGAIN? I do wish he'd stop. He is definitely not thinking of bipartisanship. I don't so much care which side "wins," but without some give and take, whatever comes out of the Congress will be one sided and will continue to fuel the divisiveness in this country. Not good for any of us, and not a good way to get things done. See healthcare if you don't believe me.
Tweets are good. Just tell yourself that and stop believing lies from the DNC media.
These tweets aren't good because the thought behind them isn't good, imo. I just explained why. Your post has nothing to do with the price of eggs.

I don't care who he works with to keep his campaign promises, Which what I think he has been trying to do. However there is no way that the Democrats will back anything that makes Trump look like a success.
Agreed. I want results. And there is no way that dems will work with him.
If enough Republicans decide he's too toxic, they won't either.

Then what?

Then he does what he can with the executive branch.

He can't control what Republicans in congress do.

Neither can I.

Do you want an gridlocked government?

I don't care who he works with to keep his campaign promises, Which what I think he has been trying to do. However there is no way that the Democrats will back anything that makes Trump look like a success.

Then what?

Neither can I.

No I sure don't.

After the sacking of Priebus, a member (as I understand it) of the Republican Establishment, I've seen an interesting little meme floated a few times - that Trump could be loosening his ties to the party.

That could mean that he would open his doors to Democrats to work on agenda items, health care being the most obvious example.

I'd be curious to know what Trump's supporters would think of that. Obviously they're not big fans of the GOP Establishment, and Trump has to work with SOMEBODY to get things done.

Thoughts?

Paul Ryan is hardly likely to let anything through the House that smells like significant cooperation with the Democrats.

Then what?

Neither can I.

No I sure don't.

Then show some support. Don't let the vile media marginalize Trump for bullshit reasons.

Would you like to see some better trade policies?

After the sacking of Priebus, a member (as I understand it) of the Republican Establishment, I've seen an interesting little meme floated a few times - that Trump could be loosening his ties to the party.

That could mean that he would open his doors to Democrats to work on agenda items, health care being the most obvious example.

I'd be curious to know what Trump's supporters would think of that. Obviously they're not big fans of the GOP Establishment, and Trump has to work with SOMEBODY to get things done.

Thoughts?

Paul Ryan is hardly likely to let anything through the House that smells like significant cooperation with the Democrats.

Paul Ryan would LOVE to show that he was a leader that could successfully reach across the aisle.

Thoughts?

Paul Ryan would LOVE to show that he was a leader that could successfully reach across the aisle.

Because he enjoys being crucified by conservatives?

Then what?

Neither can I.

No I sure don't.

Then show some support. Don't let the vile media marginalize Trump for bullshit reasons.

Trump has taken, consecutively, 4 different positions on healthcare:

1. Repeal and replace as simultaneously as possible
2. Repeal but don't replace.
3. Work with Democrats for bi-partisan solution
4. Do nothing, let Obamacare implode

Doesn't Trump marginalize himself with that kind of - what did they used to accuse Clinton of?

...waffling?

Thoughts?
A couple things

1. Democrats don't have control of either house so if Trump tries to dump the GOP he's in for even more do nothing Congress critters as the GOP would revolt.

2. Don't kid yourself thinking that the dems are any better than the GOP. The ENTIRITY of dc except for a handful need to be tossed out on their asses.

Thoughts?

Because he enjoys being crucified by conservatives?

So that he could use it to appeal to moderates and blue dogs.

Then what?

Neither can I.

No I sure don't.

Trump has taken, consecutively, 4 different positions on healthcare:

1. Repeal and replace as simultaneously as possible
2. Repeal but don't replace.
3. Work with Democrats for bi-partisan solution
4. Do nothing, let Obamacare implode

Doesn't Trump marginalize himself with that kind of - what did they used to accuse Clinton of?

...waffling?

NOpe.

But a massive smear campaign to the point that the left manages to convince idiot establishment republicans in congress, that the polls are right THIS TIME, with no reality check like provided by the election, and that Trump is too toxic to work with,

could.

And that would be a disaster for this nation.

Thoughts?
I don't fully agree with your premise that it is all Republican's fault that the two parties don't work together. I see no signs of cooperation from the democrats or the left wing. Cooperation is against both wing's agenda, sadly. I also do not see where the Republicans have been a friend to Trump. The whole of the establishment is against Trump. Both left and right wings are after all on the same bird.

The best thing he could do for the American people is push for term limits on congress. Full court press this to the American people. Of course the DNC media would be against him, but I suspect even your typical LWNJ like those on this forum, would support him.

Am I dreaming again?
But why shouldn't the citizens of the State be able to pick their own Senators and Congress critters to represent them in Congress, however many times they choose to elect them, by voting for them?

The problem is NOT with the people voting for them to represent them.

The problem lies with Gerrymandering, when citizen's votes and voices are diminished by the drawing of crazy crooked boundaries for these State districts, which assure the win of their political candidate over and over and over and over again....

AND the problem also lies with the Party, who never runs or supports candidates running against the established candidate of their party.

No need to change the constitution.

But a BIG NEED to change the Party and the Party mechanisms that they have created to secure their own seats....they are the crooked ones....we need to break what they do, not break and change the constitution imo.

He's tweeting about it AGAIN? I do wish he'd stop. He is definitely not thinking of bipartisanship. I don't so much care which side "wins," but without some give and take, whatever comes out of the Congress will be one sided and will continue to fuel the divisiveness in this country. Not good for any of us, and not a good way to get things done. See healthcare if you don't believe me.
Tweets are good. Just tell yourself that and stop believing lies from the DNC media.
These tweets aren't good because the thought behind them isn't good, imo. I just explained why. Your post has nothing to do with the price of eggs.
I suspect you are consuming 100% anti Trump news. Don't you think that might color your opinions?

Thoughts?
I don't fully agree with your premise that it is all Republican's fault that the two parties don't work together. I see no signs of cooperation from the democrats or the left wing. Cooperation is against both wing's agenda, sadly. I also do not see where the Republicans have been a friend to Trump. The whole of the establishment is against Trump. Both left and right wings are after all on the same bird.
I didn't say it's all the Republicans' fault, and sure, look at my sig, I think the behaviors of the two ends are very similar.

The point is that Trump is frustrated with the GOP and is also not a committed conservative. It would be interesting to see what Schumer - who has been asking the GOP to be bi-partisan, for obvious reasons - would do if Trump approached him.

So my question is how Trump supporters would react to news that Trump was at least trying to reach out, if not actually working with them.

Thoughts?
I didn't say it's all the Republicans' fault, and sure, look at my sig, I think the behaviors of the two ends are very similar.

The point is that Trump is frustrated with the GOP and is also not a committed conservative. It would be interesting to see what Schumer - who has been asking the GOP to be bi-partisan, for obvious reasons - would do if Trump approached him.

So my question is how Trump supporters would react to news that Trump was at least trying to reach out, if not actually working with them.
Reagan did it................as long as it's for the good of the country then I'm down with it.

Thoughts?

No, he wouldn't, with some repubs and dems getting together in congress in the past week to work together Ryan said that ain't gona happen. There have been a handful on both sides in Congress that have had meetings for a few weeks, Ryan refuses to listen.

Thoughts?

I am fully for reaching out. But if Trump does reach out then he had better expect his hand to be bitten. Besides, just concerning the HC vote, Trump's only complaint would be with 3 or 4 liberal Republican senators the rest of the party supported him. The democrats on the other hand did nothing but sit on their hands.

If Trump reaches out to the left expect one thing, those on the right an left will accuse him of being nothing but a two faced appeaser.

Thoughts?

Reagan did it................as long as it's for the good of the country then I'm down with it.
Reagan didn't have to deal with today's brand of democrat or for that matter republican.

Forum List

Back