🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Could Trump go more independent? And what would you think of that?

The best thing he could do for the American people is push for term limits on congress. Full court press this to the American people. Of course the DNC media would be against him, but I suspect even your typical LWNJ like those on this forum, would support him.

Am I dreaming again?
But why shouldn't the citizens of the State be able to pick their own Senators and Congress critters to represent them in Congress, however many times they choose to elect them, by voting for them?

The problem is NOT with the people voting for them to represent them.

The problem lies with Gerrymandering, when citizen's votes and voices are diminished by the drawing of crazy crooked boundaries for these State districts, which assure the win of their political candidate over and over and over and over again....

AND the problem also lies with the Party, who never runs or supports candidates running against the established candidate of their party.

No need to change the constitution.

But a BIG NEED to change the Party and the Party mechanisms that they have created to secure their own seats....they are the crooked ones....we need to break what they do, not break and change the constitution imo.
As I suspected, you support the ruling class but don't know it.

Sitting pols have a huge advantage over their opponents. This is why they usually win. How do you think known criminals like McCain, Pelosi, Schumer, Feinstein, Graham and others get reelected forever?

To see a change there must be change. I say get rid of Pelosi, Ryan, Shumer, McConnel, and Waters and start over with new blood. Until that happens we are stuck in the mud.

To see a change there must be change. I say get rid of Pelosi, Ryan, Shumer, McConnel, and Waters and start over with new blood. Until that happens we are stuck in the mud.
The only way is through term limits.

The best thing he could do for the American people is push for term limits on congress. Full court press this to the American people. Of course the DNC media would be against him, but I suspect even your typical LWNJ like those on this forum, would support him.

Am I dreaming again?
But why shouldn't the citizens of the State be able to pick their own Senators and Congress critters to represent them in Congress, however many times they choose to elect them, by voting for them?

The problem lies with Gerrymandering, when citizen's votes and voices are diminished by the drawing of crazy crooked boundaries for these State districts, which assure the win of their political candidate over and over and over and over again....

AND the problem also lies with the Party, who never runs or supports candidates running against the established candidate of their party.

But a BIG NEED to change the Party and the Party mechanisms that they have created to secure their own seats....they are the crooked ones....we need to break what they do, not break and change the constitution imo.

Sitting pols have a huge advantage over their opponents. This is why they usually win. How do you think known criminals like McCain, Pelosi, Schumer, Feinstein, Graham and others get reelected forever?
they keep winning by getting the votes, and by not having candidates, good primary candidates running against them in their States and districts... You may feel and think they are corrupt because you differ with them, but the citizens of these Senator]s States vote for them because they want them to represent their State and themselves; they are their best candidate, in their minds..and honestly, they are not given enough viable choices in their primaries, which is a Party problem that we are letting them get away with...

Also, who in their right mind, would ever choose to be a public servant for this kind of hate filled public?

We too are a part of our own poor selection of representation....

In all the States that I have lived in and voted in, but one, I have always loved my long time, experienced Senators and felt they were doing a good job to represent me and my State.

Am I dreaming again?

they keep winning by getting the votes, and by not having candidates, good primary candidates running against them in their States and districts... You may feel and think they are corrupt because you differ with them, but the citizens of these Senator]s States vote for them because they want them to represent their State and themselves; they are their best candidate, in their minds..and honestly, they are not given enough viable choices in their primaries, which is a Party problem that we are letting them get away with...

Also, who in their right mind, would ever choose to be a public servant for this kind of hate filled public?

In all the States that I have lived in and voted in, but one, I have always loved my long time, experienced Senators and felt they were doing a good job to represent me and my State.
You mean BUYING votes. Geeze are you naive or just brainwashed by the ruling class?

Many get into to politics to get RICH!!! Have you not figured that out yet? WTF!

The worse among us get into politics. This has been the case for decades, if not since the beginning of the republic.

You clearly are a dupe for the ruling class and Oligarchy.

Am I dreaming again?

You mean BUYING votes. Geeze are you naive or just brainwashed by the ruling class?

Many get into to politics to get RICH!!! Have you not figured that out yet? WTF!

The worse among us get into politics. This has been the case for decades, if not since the beginning of the republic.

And what are you? simply the peanut gallery on the sidelines...sitting on your hands not accomplishing a thing other than yelling fire in a theater and telling everyone else they are naive or stupid, while never running for office yourselves, and even if you did run, suporting and allowing the electoral college the way the States set it up as winner takes all squash your third party chances to NIL....

It's the machinations of the Party's over the years that have diminished our choices...not that we do not know how to choose who is best for us, we choose the best of what we are given.

I don't think giving term limits will stop the Parties from still rigging the system...they will still be picking their candidates to run and push their agenda's...

We need to change the campaign finance system, so that every day folk can serve their country as public servants again.

And no I do not think that our government is corruption free, I agree with you....but I don't think that limiting who we have chosen to be our Senators and representatives is the solution....What if we have a really good strong representative and we truly want him to represent us, in our State?

Am I dreaming again?

And what are you? simply the peanut gallery on the sidelines...sitting on your hands not accomplishing a thing other than yelling fire in a theater and telling everyone else they are naive or stupid, while never running for office yourselves, and even if you did run, suporting and allowing the electoral college the way the States set it up as winner takes all squash your third party chances to NIL....

It's the machinations of the Party's over the years that have diminished our choices...not that we do not know how to choose who is best for us, we choose the best of what we are given.

I don't think giving term limits will stop the Parties from still rigging the system...they will still be picking their candidates to run and push their agenda's...

We need to change the campaign finance system, so that every day folk can serve their country as public servants again.

And no I do not think that our government is corruption free, I agree with you....but I don't think that limiting who we have chosen to be our Senators and representatives is the solution....What if we have a really good strong representative and we truly want him to represent us, in our State?
Term limits are at the state level throughout the country. They work to limit corruption. Are they100% foolproof? No.

Forum List

Back