Court allows Christian baker Jack Phillips to sue Colorado for anti-religious hostility

Last court decision on this + the 1st Amendment indicates you shouldn’t bet the house on that presumption. States are required to follow the US Constitution. It doesn’t work the other way.

Short version, the case went before the scotus, Kennedy was the tie breaker w/ dissertation siding with religmo biz's having the 1st amendment right to impose religmo doctrine on all biz transactions.

Kennedy stated he 'did not want to set precedence' , which is exactly what is happening, the decision empowered the world's religmo's free reign to confront anyone and/or anything confronting THIER 1st amendent right to foist thier belief based biz in your face.

Of course the KKKristians in this country think it's all about THEM, christian nation. christian's first, christian everything conveniently forget they've effectivly ushered in the spectre of sharia law

enjoy......

islam-is-perfect.jpg

~S~

Short version, the case went before the scotus, Kennedy was the tie breaker w/ dissertation siding with religmo biz's having the 1st amendment right to impose religmo doctrine on all biz transactions......Kennedy stated he 'did not want to set precedence' , which is exactly what is happening, the decision empowered the world's religmo's free reign to confront anyone and/or anything confronting THIER 1st amendent right to foist thier belief based biz in your face.
You know, it’s really hard for someone to foist their passive right to not participate in your cult’s religion “in your face” if you don’t walk through their shop doors announcing/demanding under threat of financial peril that you want a Christian shop keep to help you celebrate your buttsex ceremony....or else..

Your crocodile tears, Joe, aren’t moving anyone to action or sympathy in your cult’s behalf. The real thing that’s upsetting your cult is that they are being prevented from being able to force others to participate in their rituals, ideals & behaviors.

This guy is not a Christian. He is just another tiresome jerk who wants his 15 minutes of fame. This bimbo is just tiresome.

HE wants his 15 minutes of fame? Oh, yeah, this was all HIS idea.

I thought you leftists got all outraged over blaming the victim. Yet another time when you out yourself as a lying hypocrite.

This guy is not a Christian. He is just another tiresome jerk who wants his 15 minutes of fame. This bimbo is just tiresome.

I thought you leftists got all outraged over blaming the victim. Yet another time when you out yourself as a lying hypocrite.

But he was not the victim. You are all wet and are the hypocrite here.. It all was HIS idea. Nobody else's. He is just another of those cheap little showboaters. I saw his advertisements. You cult crazies are all the same.

But he was not the victim. You are all wet and are the hypocrite here.. It all was HIS idea. Nobody else's. He is just another of those cheap little showboaters. I saw his advertisements. You cult crazies are all the same.

The definition of hypocrite is NOT "has a different viewpoint than Lice". Nor was it "all his idea". Did he go to these people's houses, knock on the door, and say, "You can't buy cakes at my bakery"? No. THEY sought HIM out, and they did it primarily because they knew he'd turn them down and they'd get to drag him to court and attempt to destroy his business. THAT is how he's the victim.

YOU are just another of those cheap little PC bullies. "I'm a victim because you refuse to give me my way!" You tyrants are all the same.

The definition of hypocrite is NOT "has a different viewpoint than Lice". Nor was it "all his idea". Did he go to these people's houses, knock on the door, and say, "You can't buy cakes at my bakery"? No. THEY sought HIM out, and they did it primarily because they knew he'd turn them down and they'd get to drag him to court and attempt to destroy his business. THAT is how he's the victim.

YOU are just another of those cheap little PC bullies. "I'm a victim because you refuse to give me my way!" You tyrants are all the same.

I saw his advertising. And I don't think that you know why the customers who were discriminated against ever went there in the first place. This sounds like a story that is circulated in your freak cult. No one is so telepathic that they know that they will run into a freak.

You either have freedom of Religion or you don't. Artist should not be forced to create art that they don't want to.

And what are you going to say if it’s found by the Court that the baker was the victim?

I saw his advertising. And I don't think that you know why the customers who were discriminated against ever went there in the first place. This sounds like a story that is circulated in your freak cult. No one is so telepathic that they know that they will run into a freak.

Actually, Mr. Phillips is pretty well-known in Lakewood for not doing a number of things because of his faith; for example, he also will not do any sort of Halloween-themed decorations on anything, and he doesn't do designs for bachelor parties. Whatever you want to tell yourself about "Well, he didn't put an "Anti-Gay" banner over his door, so it was a secret!" Mullins and Craig knew before they asked that he was going to turn them down. He's never made a secret of his personal limits.

This sounds like a lie made up in YOUR freak cult to justify being a bully and a tyrant.

Actually, Mr. Phillips is pretty well-known in Lakewood for not doing a number of things because of his faith; for example, he also will not do any sort of Halloween-themed decorations on anything, and he doesn't do designs for bachelor parties. Whatever you want to tell yourself about "Well, he didn't put an "Anti-Gay" banner over his door, so it was a secret!" Mullins and Craig knew before they asked that he was going to turn them down. He's never made a secret of his personal limits.

This sounds like a lie made up in YOUR freak cult to justify being a bully and a tyrant.

I don't believe it., particularly since your freak cult seems to make up your so-called "religion" according to whimsy. This jerk knows exactly what the law requires. The onus is not on the customers to anticipate the propretor's whims. States have set procedures for dealing with bias complaints.

Are you ready to accommodate everyone else's whims? Do you like chaos that much?

Again, laws that violate the Constitution are not valid.

Free exercise is a constitutional right, and commerce rights do not automatically overrule free exercise.

No one is stopping him from excercising his bronze age superstitions...

He just can't break other laws in the process.

If he doesn't want to serve gays, there's a simple enough solution.

Find something else to do for a living.

And what are you going to say if it’s found by the Court that the baker was the victim?

Nothing. We just pass new laws that acheive the same thing, and then make the Homophobes fight THOSE in court.

Of course, there's a simple enough solution here. The homophobic haters just subcontract the work out to people who aren't douchebags.

Nothing. We just pass new laws that acheive the same thing, and then make the Homophobes fight THOSE in court.

Of course, there's a simple enough solution here. The homophobic haters just subcontract the work out to people who aren't douchebags.
I think the Court will comprehensively anticipate that issue & include “..and no laws may be passed infringing...”.

Do you think Mississippi can pass work around laws making it legal to own negros? The Court doesn’t want endless litigation. The New conservative Court will put finality on this question.

I think the Court will comprehensively anticipate that issue & include “..and no laws may be passed infringing...”.

Sure, you can believe that... but since laws are passed all the time, they have to be challenged.

Here's a crazy idea. Bake the cake, take the money and stop whining.

Do you think Mississippi can pass work around laws making it legal to own negros? The Court doesn’t want endless litigation. The New conservative Court will put finality on this question.

No, they won't because they won't want to open the can of worms of "You can violate a law if you can claim a religious exemption".

"Hey, you just cut that guys heart out!"

"It's okay, I'm a worshipper of the Aztec Pantheon and I used an authentic Obsidian Knife!"

"Oh carry on then!"

Forum List

Back