COVID-19 is about far more than death counts

As one end of our political spectrum and their leader do everything they can to downplay COVID-19, one of their primary tactics is to focus solely on the deaths caused by the virus. Because the death rates are only X%, this whole thing has been overblown by the lame stream media, the deep state, fake news and all that.

Unfortunately, they're either ignorant of, or avoiding (who knows), the facts that the long term effects of the virus are proving to be significantly worse than, say, the flu.

I know this won't matter to them, but just for the record:

From the article:

Besides the respiratory issues that leave patients gasping for breath, the virus that causes COVID-19 attacks many organ systems, in some cases causing catastrophic damage.

“We thought this was only a respiratory virus. Turns out, it goes after the pancreas. It goes after the heart. It goes after the liver, the brain, the kidney and other organs. We didn’t appreciate that in the beginning,” said Dr. Eric Topol, a cardiologist and director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute in La Jolla, California.

In addition to respiratory distress, patients with COVID-19 can experience blood clotting disorders that can lead to strokes, and extreme inflammation that attacks multiple organ systems. The virus can also cause neurological complications that range from headache, dizziness and loss of taste or smell to seizures and confusion.

And recovery can be slow, incomplete and costly, with a huge impact on quality of life.

My wife works in a hospital lab with this shit every day. Seven new positive cases since this morning. I don't listen to the advice from this administration, period. Peeling off social distancing stickers at klown rallies and the refusal of *pResident Dink and VP Dink to wear masks is a message read loud and clear.

It's the only message I require to ignore everything that comes out of their mouths. I will stick to the science and medical professionals.
They're going to downplay and mock this thing, as they are expected to do. They can't be taken seriously.

So who do you expect anyone to listen to? We hear masks, no masks, masks. Testing is the answer. Social distancing is the answer. No transmission from human to human. Can be transmitted human to human. A rally will kill people. Rioting and looting won't hurt anyone. The virus is mutating and becoming more dangerous. The virus is mutating and becoming less dangerous. Numbers dying from the virus have been underreported. The numbers have been inflated. We hear almost conflicting reports almost daily.
Of course, because this is a terribly complicated situation. It's a vicious, novel virus that we're still learning about every day. That's why just simplistically brushing things off is such a lousy idea. That's why using it as another excuse to attack science (of all things) is such a lousy idea. That's why mocking the concern over it is such a lousy idea.

Like pretty much everything else, this virus has become politicized, which is ANOTHER lousy idea.
The Drama Queen continues the Fear Mongering of this stinking virus.............

That has and still is destroying our country because we shut down...........This same poster and the DNC will then shift the chant to Trump caused all of you to lose your homes and jobs right before the election...........once the election is over...........this will all end........

Unless they can't rig it with mail ins...........then we get a river of tears and cities burning again and again.

We didn't have to shut down if Trump had just suggested to the governor's to mandate face masks and we still don't if it's mandated but in another week you're going to see some shut downs just because of irresponsible people like yourself. So you and the other ilk brought it upon your self. You can't blame anyone else.
But until very recently the CDC insisted face masks won't protect you, so are you saying the President should have ignored the advice of the CDC?

3 months ago and just saw Birx say they protect you from spreading and can protect you from getting.
That's not true. They said masks would help prevent an infected person from spreading the disease but that they would not protect you from becoming infected.

She was just on tv about 5 minutes before I typed this and said that this just came out.

So who do you expect anyone to listen to? We hear masks, no masks, masks. Testing is the answer. Social distancing is the answer. No transmission from human to human. Can be transmitted human to human. A rally will kill people. Rioting and looting won't hurt anyone. The virus is mutating and becoming more dangerous. The virus is mutating and becoming less dangerous. Numbers dying from the virus have been underreported. The numbers have been inflated. We hear almost conflicting reports almost daily.
Of course, because this is a terribly complicated situation. It's a vicious, novel virus that we're still learning about every day. That's why just simplistically brushing things off is such a lousy idea. That's why using it as another excuse to attack science (of all things) is such a lousy idea. That's why mocking the concern over it is such a lousy idea.

Like pretty much everything else, this virus has become politicized, which is ANOTHER lousy idea.
The Drama Queen continues the Fear Mongering of this stinking virus.............

That has and still is destroying our country because we shut down...........This same poster and the DNC will then shift the chant to Trump caused all of you to lose your homes and jobs right before the election...........once the election is over...........this will all end........

Unless they can't rig it with mail ins...........then we get a river of tears and cities burning again and again.

We didn't have to shut down if Trump had just suggested to the governor's to mandate face masks and we still don't if it's mandated but in another week you're going to see some shut downs just because of irresponsible people like yourself. So you and the other ilk brought it upon your self. You can't blame anyone else.

But you know they will.

Oh I know that they are trump follower's and no one from trump on down takes any blame. They have no critical thinking, zilch. Leaving NY out from when it first began if everyone would have followed safety precaution's we would not have had to shut down. I bought masks when I saw a letter from the Fl DOH to the FL dept of education they had been monitoring since November 2019.

This so called democrat hoax is on them.

As one end of our political spectrum and their leader do everything they can to downplay COVID-19, one of their primary tactics is to focus solely on the deaths caused by the virus. Because the death rates are only X%, this whole thing has been overblown by the lame stream media, the deep state, fake news and all that.

Unfortunately, they're either ignorant of, or avoiding (who knows), the facts that the long term effects of the virus are proving to be significantly worse than, say, the flu.

From the article:

Besides the respiratory issues that leave patients gasping for breath, the virus that causes COVID-19 attacks many organ systems, in some cases causing catastrophic damage.

“We thought this was only a respiratory virus. Turns out, it goes after the pancreas. It goes after the heart. It goes after the liver, the brain, the kidney and other organs. We didn’t appreciate that in the beginning,” said Dr. Eric Topol, a cardiologist and director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute in La Jolla, California.

In addition to respiratory distress, patients with COVID-19 can experience blood clotting disorders that can lead to strokes, and extreme inflammation that attacks multiple organ systems. The virus can also cause neurological complications that range from headache, dizziness and loss of taste or smell to seizures and confusion.

And recovery can be slow, incomplete and costly, with a huge impact on quality of life.

My wife works in a hospital lab with this shit every day. Seven new positive cases since this morning. I don't listen to the advice from this administration, period. Peeling off social distancing stickers at klown rallies and the refusal of *pResident Dink and VP Dink to wear masks is a message read loud and clear.

It's the only message I require to ignore everything that comes out of their mouths. I will stick to the science and medical professionals.
They're going to downplay and mock this thing, as they are expected to do. They can't be taken seriously.

Yep, and I don't. Ignoring pretty much everything this administration says is something I'm consistent about. I guess I have an agenda now. Shit. :icon_cry:

But you know they will.

Oh I know that they are trump follower's and no one from trump on down takes any blame. They have no critical thinking, zilch. Leaving NY out from when it first began if everyone would have followed safety precaution's we would not have had to shut down. I bought masks when I saw a letter from the Fl DOH to the FL dept of education they had been monitoring since November 2019.

This so called democrat hoax is on them.

Cult45 makes their own facts and reality. It makes them easy to undermine and dismiss. :04:

And the other end of the political spectrum does everything they can to overhype the effects of covid-19. They go above and beyond to act like keeping people locked away in their homes and business shut down with no end in sight have no negative effects and it's just an extended vacation.

We don't have to "overhype the effects" of the disease. 130,000 dead Americans in less than 5 months. More than 1/4 of all of the deaths in the world, and 1/4 of all of the cases in the world, despite have less than 5% of the world's population.

If Americans are so "exceptional", why has every other first world country done better than the USA in controlling this virus?

But until very recently the CDC insisted face masks won't protect you, so are you saying the President should have ignored the advice of the CDC?

3 months ago and just saw Birx say they protect you from spreading and can protect you from getting.
That's not true. They said masks would help prevent an infected person from spreading the disease but that they would not protect you from becoming infected.

She was just on tv about 5 minutes before I typed this and said that this just came out.
Either you are confused or lying. Brix, like Fauci, strongly advised against buying face masks and claimed they wouldn't protect you from becoming infected. They were lying, of course, but they wanted to make sure healthcare workers had sufficient supplies of face masks so they discouraged the rest of us from buying them. There was, of course, a worldwide shortage of face masks so I suppose Fauci and Brix felt justified in lying to us about the efficacy of wearing face masks to try to make sure healthcare workers had enough, but mandating the wearing of face masks during that period of shortage would have been a bizarre response.

The fact is that the pandemic will not end until we have effective vaccines and treatments and nothing we do until them will end the pandemic or allow us to fully open the economy without paying a heavy price.

And the other end of the political spectrum does everything they can to overhype the effects of covid-19. They go above and beyond to act like keeping people locked away in their homes and business shut down with no end in sight have no negative effects and it's just an extended vacation.

We don't have to "overhype the effects" of the disease. 130,000 dead Americans in less than 5 months. More than 1/4 of all of the deaths in the world, and 1/4 of all of the cases in the world, despite have less than 5% of the world's population.

If Americans are so "exceptional", why has every other first world country done better than the USA in controlling this virus?

Because we gotta be #1 at everything, goddammit! I mean EVERYTHING!!!!!!~:p

Because we gotta be #1 at everything, goddammit! I mean EVERYTHING!!!!!!~:p
Actually, the US had done much better in dealing with the virus than most first world countries. In terms of deaths per million population, Belgium has 853, UK 655, Spain 606.6, Italy 574.8, and France 444.5 while the US has only 392.2. We weren't the best, but we did pretty well compared to most other first world countries.

You know, this is a, by no means complete, list of countries doing worse than the U.S. in the most important metric - at least so far:

Country Deaths / million pop.
Belgium 845
UK ....... 649
Spain ... 601
Italy ..... 575
Sweden 506
France . 444
U.S. ..... 377

Data, yesterday morning, or so. So, yeah, incompetence, callousness, dithering kill. No doubt. Still, facts matter, don't they?

imbeciles who won’t take precautions should leave the normal people alone. Masking isn’t a function of politics. It’s a function of IQ

Those of you who mindlessly allow yourselves to be deceived and brainwashed into cowering in fear from an overhyped flu bug, don't get to claim to be the “normal” ones, nor to dictate anything to the rest of us who are smart enough not to allow ourselves to be so brainwashed and manipulated.

And your kind certainly are not the ones who get to cast aspersions on the intellect of those of us who are at least an order of magnitude smarter than you.

Always remember that when a LIbEral speaks of “science” he rarely means by it what sane people understand science to be. Theirs is the same “science” that declares Bruce Jenner to be a woman.
I will stick to the science and medical professionals.
Among other things, one thing I would never have expected to see is so many Americans conned into actually mocking and dismissing science.

Science, of all freaking things.

This has just been incredible to watch. But we'll get past this.

No!

Your side is absolutely not getting away with that bullshit ever again.

Few people are still stupid enough to believe that the shutdowns ever were about protecting anyone from a disease, or about the actions of people irresponsibly spreading disease. From the beginning, it was never about anything other than corrupt, filthy criminals, interesting positions of public office, creating and exploring exaggerated fears about an overhyped flu bug as an excuse to illegally seize powers to which they have no legitimate claim, and to abuse these powers to maliciously sabotage the economy, and to otherwise commit inexcusable abuses against the public that they are supposed to be serving.

These abuses may not stop any time soon, but your side is not going to get away with blaming these abuses on those against whom these abuses are being perpetrated. Everyone knows what this is about and your side isn't fooling anyone.

Worth noting that Dr. Eric Topol twitter account reveals he was contemptuous towards the recent Trump rally but is very supportive of mass BLM protests.

Nobody has to over hype the deadly virus.

From the article:

So who do you expect anyone to listen to? We hear masks, no masks, masks. Testing is the answer. Social distancing is the answer. No transmission from human to human. Can be transmitted human to human. A rally will kill people. Rioting and looting won't hurt anyone. The virus is mutating and becoming more dangerous. The virus is mutating and becoming less dangerous. Numbers dying from the virus have been underreported. The numbers have been inflated.
We hear almost conflicting reports almost daily.

Just your response is three months behind.
Funny we had over a thousand so called experts sign a letter less then two weeks ago but I guess to some that is three months

Forum List

Back