Covid 19 Killed My Aunt Today

Liberals, solely governed by hyper emotionas and victimization will find great venting opportunity in this thread
When you reach 60+ youve been through a lot of front line family and friends deaths
Grandparents, parents, brothers and sisters, children and spouses.
Aunts uncles cousins and in laws just not the same thing.

Who are you to say? Perhaps YOUR aunts, uncles and inlaws are not as valued, but don't put it out there as fact for everyone.
Totally agree. I was raised by my mother and my aunt.

I'm amazed anyone could even think along those lines. Like there's a chart somewhere showing how much grief to spare on what type relationship.

Liberals, solely governed by hyper emotionas and victimization will find great venting opportunity in this thread
When you reach 60+ youve been through a lot of front line family and friends deaths

Who are you to say? Perhaps YOUR aunts, uncles and inlaws are not as valued, but don't put it out there as fact for everyone.

You definitely have a point there. My mother, for example, was raised by her aunt after her mother died giving birth to her and her father abandoned her. I didn't even bother going to my grandmother's funeral (no one did except the pastor and one other person, so I hear), but I was heartbroken when my mother-in-law died. My husband neither knows nor cares if his brothers are alive and kicking, but he'd be devastated if my sister or her husband died.

Exactly.

She was a great woman. She spent her life helping people and spreading love and joy.

She is my favorite aunt and am honored to have grown up with her in my life.

I'm very angry that she had to die alone like all victims of the virus.

This virus is real. It kills. Please, everyone, take it seriously.

Heart-rending, so sorry. I can relate. Deepest sympathy. :smiliehug:

She was a great woman. She spent her life helping people and spreading love and joy.

did she have pre existing condition?

The doctors told you she died from it, or had it?

Just stop.

She was tested a week ago yesterday. The confirmation of the virus came last Thursday.

She died today.

She was 88 years old. She was in a rehab nursing facility because she fell and was doing very well rehabilitating from the injuries from the fall.

She got the virus at the facility.

Go away. If you dan't be civil and human, just please don't reply.

Yes, the virus is real and deadly for those above the age of sixty and anyone with underlying conditions which mean the majority of the world is at risk.

My condolences...

Thanks- I appreciate your patronage. Can you honestly refute what I said?

BTW, my mother died at the ripe old age of just a few months past 60- almost 40 years ago, of esophageal cancer. 6 mos prior to her death she had an operation for a hiatal hernia- my step dad paid the entire bill, just over 14k with a personal check- I withdraw deposits from my memory bank of her quite often- I remember best her little girl like giggle when she was tickled about something somebody would say- I think of her on her Birthday, May 9th and on Mother's day- E.V.E.R.Y year- but, to quote Gus, in Lonesome Dove- the best thing to do with death is to ride on from it-

I'm amazed anyone could even think along those lines. Like there's a chart somewhere showing how much grief to spare on what type relationship.

I cried over the death of my uncle when I was seventeen but hardly cried over the Aunt that raised me.

And

When my biological mother died the following year after my uncle I did not even care.

That comes off harsh but I have my reasons why and a Auntie or Uncle can be as much like a parent or even more and the loss can be as hard or worst...

Last edited:

The cause of death will not be known until the autopsy which will never be done because all deaths are currently caused by covid-19

Asshole.
A woman was killed in a car and truck accident, the trucker said the woman cut him off. The woman's head was almost severed in the accident she was pronounced dead at the scene. However the autopsy ruled she died as a result of alcohol and PCP abuse which was important because it vindicated the truck driver. This is why an autopsy is required, always.

Unless the government suspends all autopsies because they require more Wuhan virus deaths

I cried over the death of my uncle when I was seventeen but hardly cried over the Aunt that raised me.

And

Why my biological mother died the following year after my uncle I did not even care.

That comes off harsh but I have my reasons why and a Auntie or Uncle can be as much like a parent or even more and the loss can be as hard or worst...

I completely understand.

Sorry to hear this Dana, I know we often disagree, however I respect you and your views. I am so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how you feel. Sunday my wife and I spoke on what would happen if we had to die alone or worse yet, knew the other would die alone. Again, so sorry.

Thank you very much Papageorgio.

The fact that we don't often agree on things only shows that we both can think for ourselves. If everyone was the same and we all agreed on everything this would be a very boring world to live in.

Yes I think the worst thing about this virus is that it forces people to die alone.

She literally married her childhood sweetheart. She had been with my uncle from childhood until January 2014 when he died. She is with him my mom and my dad now.

My mom and her were best friends and if there's a higher power or a creator or something running the afterlife, that entity better watch out. My mom and my aunt together will end up running the place.

My daughter died several years ago in a vehicle accident, my wife and we didn't get to tell her goodbye, she knew we loved her, as your aunt knew you loved her. If your mom and aunt do end up running the place something tells me it will be in good hands.

Oh god, I fear something like that every single day. Getting that phone call, someone telling me one of my daughters has died or has been killed. I can only imagine what you had to go through.

Dang Dana. Sorry!

My condolences Dana, I'm really very sorry to hear of your loss.

Bummer. Sorry for your loss.

I'm very sorry to hear that Dana....

Forum List

Back