COVID-19 panic buying: Toilet paper, essentials fly off shelves again

Shit....maybe if the Orange Savior just took this "hoax" seriously in January of 2020..maybe..we wouldn't have to resort to raking up leaves in our yards...and....
You know this is all his fault??...right? :)

There is something wrong with you. I don't think you have a firm grasp of how this all works.

Yes. I do know exactly how this works. Supply chain...direct result of???...nobody at the rudder!

No. It's the states.

No...it's the supply chain. And the fact that our "government" as it were under the spray-tanned Jesus was asleep at the wheel.
Or maybe we're taking bets on how many of our assembly line workers (who run the machines that make and assemble the TP and paper towels)
come down with the virus???

No. It's the states. Panic buying comes in with the fear of a shut down and that threat of a civil war. Your fucking government with the spray tanned Jesus and your fucking senile messiah is limited.

Whelp. That's a failure of leadership. That comes from the top. Remind me again, who is that?
Oh yeah, El Prez...

Shit....maybe if the Orange Savior just took this "hoax" seriously in January of 2020..maybe..we wouldn't have to resort to raking up leaves in our yards...and....

There is something wrong with you. I don't think you have a firm grasp of how this all works.

There is something wrong with all of us. But not to worry, we just voted it out.

The weird thing about toilet paper (of all things, REALLY? TOILET PAPER???) is that it all derives from a hoax newspaper clipping from the 1980s. Has no basis in logic. Never did.

Well, blaming COVID on Trump indicates that there is something wrong with you.

Tornado season, ice storm coming? Toilet paper, beer, chocolate.

Might try actually reading the post.
On my screen it says, quote,
"maybe if the Orange Savior just took this "hoax" seriously in January of 2020 "

That's a cut-and-paste. It's about negligence. Negligence the rest of us all know about.
You were going to suggest he DID take it seriously? He didn't even claim that, he told Woodward the opposite.

Again. It's handled by the states. Further, it's going to come back again and again.

Going full Rumpbot now? :wtf:
It's handled by governors and local ordinances but the country's leadership comes from the top.
That is, when we have something akin to normal people leading.

When you've got a fascist prick exhorting ProudBoy types to kidnap and execute the governor, that's not leadership. That's sabotage.

I got you. What you needed was someone to stand there and look "presidential". Can't do a damn thing but just that presence why................that would have made you warm and fuzzy.

No. It's not just "handled" by governors--it's directed by the states. At best, the federal government can provide funding.................and some supplies.

You mean like all of Europe that has no Covid at all?

Good thing Trump wasn't there. Or who knows they might have had a second wave and lock downs or something.

They're doing better than we are. Not by much..but hey, any little bit is better.

There is something wrong with all of us. But not to worry, we just voted it out.

The weird thing about toilet paper (of all things, REALLY? TOILET PAPER???) is that it all derives from a hoax newspaper clipping from the 1980s. Has no basis in logic. Never did.

Looked it up again, it was not the 1980s it was 1973. Some Congresscritter looking for attention.

>> Like most scares, the toilet paper fiasco all started with an unsubstantiated rumor. In November of 1973, several news agencies reported a tissue shortage in Japan. Initially, the release went unnoticed and nobody seemed to put much stock in it -- save for one Harold V. Froelich. Froelich, a 41-year-old Republican congressman, presided over a heavily-forested district in Wisconsin and had recently been receiving complaints from constituents about a reduced stream of pulp paper. On November 16th, he released his own press statement -- “The Government Printing Office is facing a serious shortage of paper” -- to little fanfare.​
However, a few weeks later, Froelich uncovered a document that indicated the government’s National Buying Center had fallen far short of securing bids to provide toilet paper for its troops and bureaucrats. On December 11, he issued another, more serious press release:​
“The U.S. may face a serious shortage of toilet paper within a few months...we hope we don’t have to ration toilet tissue...a toilet paper shortage is no laughing matter. It is a problem that will potentially touch every American.”
In the climate of shortages, oil scares, and economic duress, Froelich’s claim was absorbed without an iota of doubt, and the media ran wild with it. Wire services, radio hosts, and international correspondents all sensationalized the story; words like “may” and “potentially” were lost in translation, and the shortage was reported as a doomed truth. Television stations aired footage from the Scott Paper Company -- one of the ten largest producers in the U.S. -- of toilet paper rolls shooting off the production line.​
The ground had been set for a consumer panic; all it needed was a spark to ignite it. When Johnny Carson cracked a joke about toilet paper on his television talk show, things got serious. “You know, we’ve got all sorts of shortages these days,” he told 20 million viewers. “But have you heard the latest? I’m not kidding. I saw it in the papers. There’s a shortage of toilet paper!” << --- The Great Toilet Paper Scare of 1973
People are such goddam SHEEP.

Yes. I do know exactly how this works. Supply chain...direct result of???...nobody at the rudder!

No. It's the states.

No...it's the supply chain. And the fact that our "government" as it were under the spray-tanned Jesus was asleep at the wheel.
Or maybe we're taking bets on how many of our assembly line workers (who run the machines that make and assemble the TP and paper towels)

No. It's the states. Panic buying comes in with the fear of a shut down and that threat of a civil war. Your fucking government with the spray tanned Jesus and your fucking senile messiah is limited.

Whelp. That's a failure of leadership. That comes from the top. Remind me again, who is that?
Oh yeah, El Prez...

I don't need a daddy to tuck me in. That's your leadership. I'm more concerned about how things actually work and the work that needs to be done or is being done and who is actually doing it.

Think its bad now, and will wait for the next shipment to come in? Wrong. On the 29th, Truckers are going on strike. They are refusing to deliver anything, anywhere, no matter what it is.

Meanwhile, those who hoard TP are just stupid people. If yer gonna hoard, get non perishable foods and bottled water. Don't forget your pets food either.

The amusing thing here is when Biden is asked how he would have delt with covid his response is pretty much the same as what Trump did.

Sure. You run with that. Biden showed more leadership and direction in one week than Trump did in 11 months. Mitch??..Mitch??..is that you??

Sure..campaign website..but better than anything we've seen out of Trumpyland...

No. It's the states.

Oh yeah, El Prez...

I don't need a daddy to tuck me in. That's your leadership. I'm more concerned about how things actually work and the work that needs to be done or is being done and who is actually doing it.

Nope, you just need a flaming narcissist to tell you that your country is no longer yours and needs to be taken back from those "dirty" people. :)
Leadership??...who cares?...Accountability?...pish-posh...

"maybe if the Orange Savior just took this "hoax" seriously in January of 2020 "

That's a cut-and-paste. It's about negligence. Negligence the rest of us all know about.
You were going to suggest he DID take it seriously? He didn't even claim that, he told Woodward the opposite.

Again. It's handled by the states. Further, it's going to come back again and again.

It's handled by governors and local ordinances but the country's leadership comes from the top.

When you've got a fascist prick exhorting ProudBoy types to kidnap and execute the governor, that's not leadership. That's sabotage.

I got you. What you needed was someone to stand there and look "presidential". Can't do a damn thing but just that presence why................that would have made you warm and fuzzy.

No. It's not just "handled" by governors--it's directed by the states. At best, the federal government can provide funding.................and some supplies.

Which it failed to do. Among other failures.

Think its bad now, and will wait for the next shipment to come in? Wrong. On the 29th, Truckers are going on strike. They are refusing to deliver anything, anywhere, no matter what it is.

Meanwhile, those who hoard TP are just stupid people. If yer gonna hoard, get non perishable foods and bottled water. Don't forget your pets food either.
I was just going to bring the trucker strike up. Should get interesting next week. I personally think they are doing it too soon, but that is just me...

The amusing thing here is when Biden is asked how he would have delt with covid his response is pretty much the same as what Trump did.

Sure. You run with that. Biden showed more leadership and direction in one week than Trump did in 11 months. Mitch??..Mitch??..is that you??

Sure..campaign website..but better than anything we've seen out of Trumpyland...
No he didn’t. The man doesn’t even make sense.

I was just going to bring the trucker strike up. Should get interesting next week. I personally think they are doing it too soon, but that is just me...

Where y'all getting this "trucker strike" malarkey?
Striking against who? JB Hunt?

No he didn’t. The man doesn’t even make sense.

That's just because you and the Trump faithful don't know what real leadership and policy direction looks like anymore.
You've been conditioned to the cult of Trump and his in-your-face style.
No worries, it'll get better!

No. It's the states.

Oh yeah, El Prez...

Nope, you just need a flaming narcissist to tell you that your country is no longer yours and needs to be taken back from those "dirty" people. :)

What dirty people? I didn't vote for Trump. Look buckaroo, not everything in life should be, look or sound like an episode of Real Wives of the Oval Office. Keep singing your song of bullshittery. You got what you wanted. Now what the fuck are you going to do? You already look like hypocrites for Biden and Harris. Go back to fucking sleep.

With COVID-19 cases surging across the US, panic buying is back in vogue — as evidenced by a sea of empty shelves in supermarkets across the nation in scenes reminiscent of earlier this year, according to reports.

The rush on food, toilet paper, sanitizing products and other essentials comes amid a series of new lockdown measures after states reported record daily spikes in cases this month, the Daily Mail reported.

Twenty states have reported all-time highs in deaths as the nation grapples with an average of more than 148,000 new cases a day and 1,120 daily deaths in the past week, according to the outlet.
I went early this morning and bought toilet paper, paper towels, etc. because I was low. I didn't think anything of it. I bought it. It was there.

I go up to Walmart to some grocery shopping and they are out. So, people are back to panic buying.
Never cry out FIRE in a crowded theater. Now it's; never cry out C-19 LOCKDOWN in a crowded Wally World, unless one is the sales manager!

Which it failed to do. Among other failures.
No. There is an actual procedure in place to acquire these things.

No. It's the states.

Oh yeah, El Prez...

What dirty people? I didn't vote for Trump. Look buckaroo, not everything in life should be, look or sound like an episode of Real Wives of the Oval Office. Keep singing your song of bullshittery. You got what you wanted. Now what the fuck are you going to do? You already look like hypocrites for Biden and Harris. Go back to fucking sleep.

So..didn't vote for Trump?...and I'm guessing you didn't vote for Biden?...so..Kanye?..Write in?..who?
Ask me again what they are going to do after Jan 5, 2021.

The biden plan has been the following talk in generalities purpose a national lockdown which he as already backed off on when the negative economic impact it would cause and the fact he would have to take responsibilty for hit him and a national mask mandate which he would have state Governors and local officals enforce which we have been doing for months now. You should really take those partisan blinders off so you can enjoy the scenery on your trip down the river denial.

Forum List

Back