Covid Shots

Just a quick question with no driving agenda.

Is anyone else wondering why there is a full court press to promote this shot?

With all the continues advertising, is it doing any good? If you haven't gotten the shot by now, trying to shame you into it will do no good. Also, do they really think that they are providing new information concerning these shots to anyone who has not already heard the information being presented?

Just stopp and let peole do what they feel is best for themselves.
They are promoting it because it works to control the virus and that is their goal. There is no conspiracy or ulterior motive. They are promoting it for public health and for no other reason.
Why are they promoting it to those who have natural immunity because they had it before and have the antibodies?
That’s a GREAT question and one that I’ve wondered about myself, we’ve recently allowed fully vaccinated individuals to stop wearing masks while at work (if they choose) but still require those that have had COVID (no matter how recently) to continue wearing them, which doesn’t make sense to me (other than perhaps the CDC guidelines don’t specifically address those people).

It seems like they feel that immunity through infection may be less complete and reliable than immunity through vaccination. Can't really be sure, since - for a variety of "don't upset the narrative" reasons - they don't want to come right out and explain.

They also fail to mention that a vaccine consists of injecting a form of the disease into your body. This is supposed to create some immunity. If you already have some immunity, why?
That’s how most (all?) vaccines work, a weakened version of the pathogen designed to illicit an immune response and memory cells responsible for the production of T-Cells against the disease.

From what I understand the technology used in the some of the COVID vaccines is a new method involving messenger RNA to achieve the same results.

I haven’t seen anything to be alarmed about regarding these vaccines and the results so far indicate they’re all safe (including the J&J shot since the blood clot issue was with a very small number of patients and has been cleared as a statistical anomaly).

Maybe you have some information that I’m not aware of that causes you to be concerned?
Read the recently published rate of re-infection. It is continually growing.
Where are you seeing that information and are the rates of re-infection for fully vaccinated individuals statistically significant (I.e. are they above the rates predicted in the initial studies for each vaccine?). None of these vaccines claim 100% immunity (no vaccine that I know of is), so re-infection in some portion of the vaccinated is expected.

However since the vaccination distribution and administration “program” has begun we’ve seen a DRAMATIC reduction in both new cases and positivity rates, I realize correlation doesn’t imply causation but the numbers are too large to be explained simply by chance (or weather).

There is not enough empirical data yet to draw any conclusions, positive or negative.

Having dealt with the government for years, I am skeptical.
We'll have to keep an eye on that data then.

As far as being skeptical, I can understand that since I trust government about as far as I could throw the Capital Building (especially the Federal Government), IMHO this situation is unprecedented so as much as I hate to say it, I think the State and Federal Governments have done a decent job on the vaccine front (along with the Pharma Industry, who I also don't trust very much).

My suggestion would be to find all the non-bias sources of science on the vaccines, talk to everybody you know that's been vaccinated and then make your own informed decision about whether to get it or not. I can only say that I'm fully vaccinated (Moderna) and have suffered no ill effects other than feeling a bit crappy for about half a day after the second shot and I can say the same for everyone I've talked that has been vaccinated. The science seems sound to me but I think everyone owes it to themselves to do their own unbiased research and then decide if it's for them or not.

Best of luck!
Good suggestions, but the powers that be will limit access to any information that they don't getting out.
If you don’t trust mainstream sources, go Dark Web…TOR is good, TOR is wise, TOR keeps out the governments prying eyes. :)
The dark web, where lies go to breed.
Uh-huh there and your keyboard seem to be the most virulent zones, fortunately those of us that can still tell truth from blatant falsehood aren’t deterred by either.

Now that you managed yet another attempt at a pissing contest, crawl back in your hole and give civilized society a break.
If you think that was a pissing contest you're mistaken and you apparently can't piss very far.
I didn’t imply you were talented, just that you’re oh so predictable, lots of piss, total lack of substantive argument.

May the force be with you.

With all the continues advertising, is it doing any good? If you haven't gotten the shot by now, trying to shame you into it will do no good. Also, do they really think that they are providing new information concerning these shots to anyone who has not already heard the information being presented?

They are promoting it because it works to control the virus and that is their goal. There is no conspiracy or ulterior motive. They are promoting it for public health and for no other reason.
Why are they promoting it to those who have natural immunity because they had it before and have the antibodies?
That’s a GREAT question and one that I’ve wondered about myself, we’ve recently allowed fully vaccinated individuals to stop wearing masks while at work (if they choose) but still require those that have had COVID (no matter how recently) to continue wearing them, which doesn’t make sense to me (other than perhaps the CDC guidelines don’t specifically address those people).

It seems like they feel that immunity through infection may be less complete and reliable than immunity through vaccination. Can't really be sure, since - for a variety of "don't upset the narrative" reasons - they don't want to come right out and explain.

They also fail to mention that a vaccine consists of injecting a form of the disease into your body. This is supposed to create some immunity. If you already have some immunity, why?
That’s how most (all?) vaccines work, a weakened version of the pathogen designed to illicit an immune response and memory cells responsible for the production of T-Cells against the disease.

From what I understand the technology used in the some of the COVID vaccines is a new method involving messenger RNA to achieve the same results.

I haven’t seen anything to be alarmed about regarding these vaccines and the results so far indicate they’re all safe (including the J&J shot since the blood clot issue was with a very small number of patients and has been cleared as a statistical anomaly).

Maybe you have some information that I’m not aware of that causes you to be concerned?
Where are you seeing that information and are the rates of re-infection for fully vaccinated individuals statistically significant (I.e. are they above the rates predicted in the initial studies for each vaccine?). None of these vaccines claim 100% immunity (no vaccine that I know of is), so re-infection in some portion of the vaccinated is expected.

However since the vaccination distribution and administration “program” has begun we’ve seen a DRAMATIC reduction in both new cases and positivity rates, I realize correlation doesn’t imply causation but the numbers are too large to be explained simply by chance (or weather).

There is not enough empirical data yet to draw any conclusions, positive or negative.

As far as being skeptical, I can understand that since I trust government about as far as I could throw the Capital Building (especially the Federal Government), IMHO this situation is unprecedented so as much as I hate to say it, I think the State and Federal Governments have done a decent job on the vaccine front (along with the Pharma Industry, who I also don't trust very much).

My suggestion would be to find all the non-bias sources of science on the vaccines, talk to everybody you know that's been vaccinated and then make your own informed decision about whether to get it or not. I can only say that I'm fully vaccinated (Moderna) and have suffered no ill effects other than feeling a bit crappy for about half a day after the second shot and I can say the same for everyone I've talked that has been vaccinated. The science seems sound to me but I think everyone owes it to themselves to do their own unbiased research and then decide if it's for them or not.

Best of luck!
Good suggestions, but the powers that be will limit access to any information that they don't getting out.
If you don’t trust mainstream sources, go Dark Web…TOR is good, TOR is wise, TOR keeps out the governments prying eyes. :)
Uh-huh there and your keyboard seem to be the most virulent zones, fortunately those of us that can still tell truth from blatant falsehood aren’t deterred by either.

Now that you managed yet another attempt at a pissing contest, crawl back in your hole and give civilized society a break.
If you think that was a pissing contest you're mistaken and you apparently can't piss very far.
I didn’t imply you were talented, just that you’re oh so predictable, lots of piss, total lack of substantive argument.

Crepitus is the epitome of a waste of life. Just argues to argue

Because health professionals still recommend the vaccine for people who had COVID. According to studies it also helps with many of the lingering effects of having had the virus.

Below are answers to commonly asked questions about COVID-19 vaccination. CDC also has information for busting common vaccine myths available in facts about COVID-19 vaccines.​
If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again.​
Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.​

They also are stating doubt as to the efficiency of these shots and saying that they may go on for years.

So they are admitting that they don't know what they are doing of the effect of these shots.
From everything I've read, it's not the immunity (i.e. the effectiveness) that's in question, it's the duration of the immune response (T-cell production) and how effective the vaccine(s) are against mutations of the virus.

So IMHO it's likely that booster shots are going to be required (for some as of yet to be determined interval) similar to what we do for influenza. Makes complete sense since there's no way to predict the efficacy of a vaccine against mutations that haven't been studied (or even been documented) and the vaccine hasn't been out there for long enough to determine exactly how long the immunity lasts under all the possible combinations of conditions (i.e. age, sex, race, ethnicity, general health, diet, etc, etc..,).

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
We don't know the effectiveness of natural antibodies. I was told mine would last three months, then six and it has been 15. We simply do not know.

Best of luck!

Azog doesn't like me much.

Best of luck!

Azog doesn't like me much.
Correct

Why are you against returning to normal?

You do realize that they have now stated that booster shots will be required forever and, according to Lord Fauci, masks will be required forever.

Is this the normal you want to return to?
Masks? I get to take mine off in 3 weeks. Why are you saying that?

Hopefully IF we need boosters to cover variants ( we might not) we won't have to go through quite such a rigamarole to get the shots. It was not easy here. Lots of walk in clinics like for the flu would be nice-- show up and get stuck. Not going online to search for a place with vaccine this week, making an appointment, fifteen minutes of paperwork, etc. And of course, a booster would only be one shot, so that would be easier.

Why are they pushing it for kids who are affected little by the virus, to those of us who have had the virus and have immunity likely to be far superior to those getting the shots, why do they care if their neighbor gets the shots if they feel that the shots work and they already have had theirs? Something isn't right...
Of those that contracted SARS-1, 17 years ago, almost half continue to carry T cell memory of the virus. T cell memory means your body still recognizes the virus and will make antibodies in response to it.

Something really stinks here. I had the virus. I know I still carry antibodies.

Why in the world do I need a "vaccination" that statistics tell me I will be more likely to have an adverse effect to?
I had it in March 2020. Was tested in April 2021 and I still have the antibodies. To me it seems pointless to get the vaccine
Is that an expensive test?

those who have natural immunity because they had it before and have the antibodies?
I suppose it's a thin entering wedge into vaccine passports, which still may be required widely. It's up in the air today, but maybe not next week, with a lot of workplaces and all airlines requiring them. The thing is, you can prove vaccination with just a little card, more or less ------- but nobody can prove having survived a COVID infection, at least it would be a clunky, difficult process involving tests and doctors.

So while surviving COVID, like all disease immunities, is far better for immunity than any vaccine, since people can't prove to authorities that they've had it, they want to require the shot. It's all part of the new authoritarianism.

Good discussion! It's clarifying things for me.
Can't they be tested for antibodies and get a card from their doctor's office? If not, why not??

I don't know how many really stopped on their own given landscapes in europe are scattered with plague stones, whole towns/villages were quarantined, etc.

All of them stopped that were that type, otherwise we'd still have the Black Death and the English Sweat and leprosy (WIDEspread in the Middle Ages) and many others, except there wouldn't be many people left. Now, some are not that type, like measles and smallpox (now extinct) and mumps and colds and so on. They go on and on forever, until we make them extinct, if we do. We don't yet know what type the COVID-19 is.

The Sweating Sickness did disappear on its own. No one's sure why, because even today, no one's entirely sure what the Sweating Sickness was, since it had stopped happening by the time medical science advanced enough to be able to identify it.
The descriptions written at the time were very clear. I have a pamphlet reprinted from the early 16th century by a physician that tells all the symptoms and the remedies (all useless ) they tried. I'll tell you what ----- we never saw anything like it and we DEFINITELY don't want it back. Sweat just poured out of the skin and the victims dehydrated and died within a day. Like cholera, except the skin. Henry the VIII was terrified of it. He drank pearls dissolved in vinegar -- he never got it, so maybe that worked.

Probably not.

Last edited:
those who have natural immunity because they had it before and have the antibodies?
I suppose it's a thin entering wedge into vaccine passports, which still may be required widely. It's up in the air today, but maybe not next week, with a lot of workplaces and all airlines requiring them. The thing is, you can prove vaccination with just a little card, more or less ------- but nobody can prove having survived a COVID infection, at least it would be a clunky, difficult process involving tests and doctors.

So while surviving COVID, like all disease immunities, is far better for immunity than any vaccine, since people can't prove to authorities that they've had it, they want to require the shot. It's all part of the new authoritarianism.

Can't they be tested for antibodies and get a card from their doctor's office? If not, why not??
No more cards! No more papers! How about if everyone just minds their own damn business?

The better we become at treating it, the better off we will be. I doubt it just goes away any time soon, but who knows. A lot of those places that were held up as great to make the US (and Trump) look bad last year are still getting pounded this year. Japan is getting hammered right now. Anyway, masks for the vaccinated are no longer mandatory here in VA as of this coming Friday, but I see a lot of people already removing them
In Maryland where I live masks are supposedly not mandated anymore, but a lot of stores won't let you in without them. Stores are the authoritarian enforcers now --- I really resent this. Talk about bad customer service, this is fearing and hating their customers!

I buy pretty much everything online now, and rarely leave the farm.

I think you are really saying that you doubt it will stop on its own (but many, even most, epidemics did stop on their own, sometimes forever, such as the lethal English Sweat, started in 1485 with the Battle of Bosworth Field that put Henry Tudor, Henry VII, on the throne. It was the mercenary soldiers in Henry's army transmitting it, of course. They came from all over.). The fact that it's ricocheting around the world is NOT a good sign, I agree --- I am also worried about that. Japan, India, etc. And that it may surge just because the masks are coming off ---- sure, could happen.

I have hopes for August, because August is often the end of pandemics (Why? Who knows?). But I agree with you ----- anything could happen, including another surge. Including mutations with an independent epidemic. I hope not.

If a store makes you wear a mask you should loudly leave.

There is no reason someone who was vaccinated should wear a mask other than politics, and businesses you patronize don't need to be in your politics.

I have a lot of family in Maryland. They say there's a lot of social pressure to wear masks, but no one is forcing them now. I realize it's not the same everywhere in Maryland
:lol: The federal military commissary was one of the 1st grocery stores I went to last year requiring masks. They still require them.
So? Are they truly needed or just doing what the government tells them to do?

If it is a military commissary, what is needed is whatever the government tells you is needed to walk in the door :salute:

So the answer is, do as big brother tells you and don't ask questions. Not the way of free Americans.

Your freedom is brought to you by the people who run military commissaries.

Why are they pushing it for kids who are affected little by the virus, to those of us who have had the virus and have immunity likely to be far superior to those getting the shots, why do they care if their neighbor gets the shots if they feel that the shots work and they already have had theirs? Something isn't right...
Of those that contracted SARS-1, 17 years ago, almost half continue to carry T cell memory of the virus. T cell memory means your body still recognizes the virus and will make antibodies in response to it.

Something really stinks here. I had the virus. I know I still carry antibodies.

Why in the world do I need a "vaccination" that statistics tell me I will be more likely to have an adverse effect to?
I had it in March 2020. Was tested in April 2021 and I still have the antibodies. To me it seems pointless to get the vaccine
Is that an expensive test?
Free as I donated at the Red Cross.

Idk….but I get it through the app.

1622081034905.jpg

Positive since March 2020

Yes, the CDC does address those that have had COVID. The unscientific CDC insists they must be vaccinated.

Because health professionals still recommend the vaccine for people who had COVID. According to studies it also helps with many of the lingering effects of having had the virus.

Below are answers to commonly asked questions about COVID-19 vaccination. CDC also has information for busting common vaccine myths available in facts about COVID-19 vaccines.​
If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again.​
Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.​
You go first.

They also are stating doubt as to the efficiency of these shots and saying that they may go on for years.

So they are admitting that they don't know what they are doing of the effect of these shots.
From everything I've read, it's not the immunity (i.e. the effectiveness) that's in question, it's the duration of the immune response (T-cell production) and how effective the vaccine(s) are against mutations of the virus.

So IMHO it's likely that booster shots are going to be required (for some as of yet to be determined interval) similar to what we do for influenza. Makes complete sense since there's no way to predict the efficacy of a vaccine against mutations that haven't been studied (or even been documented) and the vaccine hasn't been out there for long enough to determine exactly how long the immunity lasts under all the possible combinations of conditions (i.e. age, sex, race, ethnicity, general health, diet, etc, etc..,).

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
The study by scientists from Duke-NUS Medical School, in close collaboration with the National University of Singapore (NUS) Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Singapore General Hospital (SGH) and National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID) was published in Nature. The findings suggest infection and exposure to coronaviruses induces long-lasting memory T cells, which could help in the management of the current pandemic and in vaccine development against COVID-19.

The team tested subjects who recovered from COVID-19 and found the presence of SARS-CoV-2-specific T cells in all of them, which suggests that T cells play an important role in this infection. Importantly, the team showed that patients who recovered from SARS 17 years ago after the 2003 outbreak, still possess virus-specific memory T cells and displayed cross-immunity to SARS-CoV-2.

Because the unscientific CDC does not recognize positive antibodies as a reason to pass on the covid vaccine.

Yes, the CDC does address those that have had COVID. The unscientific CDC insists they must be vaccinated.

My point was that the latest CDC guideline update (May 13th) doesn't specifically address people that have already had the disease with respect to masking and social distancing, thus the guidelines for people in that category are IMPLICIT (treated the same as unvaccinated).

Summary of Recent Changes​

Updates as of May 13, 2021
  1. Update that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance
  2. Update that fully vaccinated people can refrain from testing following a known exposure unless they are residents or employees of a correctional or detention facility or a homeless shelter

Forum List

Back