Covid Shots

Just a quick question with no driving agenda.

Is anyone else wondering why there is a full court press to promote this shot?

With all the continues advertising, is it doing any good? If you haven't gotten the shot by now, trying to shame you into it will do no good. Also, do they really think that they are providing new information concerning these shots to anyone who has not already heard the information being presented?

Just stopp and let peole do what they feel is best for themselves.
They are promoting it because it works to control the virus and that is their goal. There is no conspiracy or ulterior motive. They are promoting it for public health and for no other reason.
Why are they promoting it to those who have natural immunity because they had it before and have the antibodies?
That’s a GREAT question and one that I’ve wondered about myself, we’ve recently allowed fully vaccinated individuals to stop wearing masks while at work (if they choose) but still require those that have had COVID (no matter how recently) to continue wearing them, which doesn’t make sense to me (other than perhaps the CDC guidelines don’t specifically address those people).
Yes, the CDC does address those that have had COVID. The unscientific CDC insists they must be vaccinated.

My point was that the latest CDC guideline update (May 13th) doesn't specifically address people that have already had the disease with respect to masking and social distancing, thus the guidelines for people in that category are IMPLICIT (treated the same as unvaccinated).

Summary of Recent Changes​

Updates as of May 13, 2021
  1. Update that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance
  2. Update that fully vaccinated people can refrain from testing following a known exposure unless they are residents or employees of a correctional or detention facility or a homeless shelter

My apologies. I misunderstood your point.

The CDC treats the positive antibody covid survivor as unvaccinated.

Completely ridiculous and unscientific as heck. I am still positive for covid antibodies after my very mild case of covid last November. I don't wear masks unless forced to. If anyone asks if I have been vaccinated, I say, "I am immune, yes."

With all the continues advertising, is it doing any good? If you haven't gotten the shot by now, trying to shame you into it will do no good. Also, do they really think that they are providing new information concerning these shots to anyone who has not already heard the information being presented?

They are promoting it because it works to control the virus and that is their goal. There is no conspiracy or ulterior motive. They are promoting it for public health and for no other reason.
Why are they promoting it to those who have natural immunity because they had it before and have the antibodies?
That’s a GREAT question and one that I’ve wondered about myself, we’ve recently allowed fully vaccinated individuals to stop wearing masks while at work (if they choose) but still require those that have had COVID (no matter how recently) to continue wearing them, which doesn’t make sense to me (other than perhaps the CDC guidelines don’t specifically address those people).
Yes, the CDC does address those that have had COVID. The unscientific CDC insists they must be vaccinated.

My point was that the latest CDC guideline update (May 13th) doesn't specifically address people that have already had the disease with respect to masking and social distancing, thus the guidelines for people in that category are IMPLICIT (treated the same as unvaccinated).

1. Update that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance
  2. Update that fully vaccinated people can refrain from testing following a known exposure unless they are residents or employees of a correctional or detention facility or a homeless shelter

No problem, I should have been more precise in my post.

Completely ridiculous and unscientific as heck. I am still positive for covid antibodies after my very mild case of covid last November. I don't wear masks unless forced to. If anyone asks if I have been vaccinated, I say, "I am immune, yes."
I agree with you, however Circe and Cecilie1200 brought up some good points in this thread as to why the CDC guidelines might be treating previously infected individuals the same as the unvaccinated.

those who have natural immunity because they had it before and have the antibodies?
I suppose it's a thin entering wedge into vaccine passports, which still may be required widely. It's up in the air today, but maybe not next week, with a lot of workplaces and all airlines requiring them. The thing is, you can prove vaccination with just a little card, more or less ------- but nobody can prove having survived a COVID infection, at least it would be a clunky, difficult process involving tests and doctors.

So while surviving COVID, like all disease immunities, is far better for immunity than any vaccine, since people can't prove to authorities that they've had it, they want to require the shot. It's all part of the new authoritarianism.

Good discussion! It's clarifying things for me.
Can't they be tested for antibodies and get a card from their doctor's office? If not, why not??
Idk….but I get it through the app.

View attachment 494071
Positive since March 2020
Cool!

those who have natural immunity because they had it before and have the antibodies?
I suppose it's a thin entering wedge into vaccine passports, which still may be required widely. It's up in the air today, but maybe not next week, with a lot of workplaces and all airlines requiring them. The thing is, you can prove vaccination with just a little card, more or less ------- but nobody can prove having survived a COVID infection, at least it would be a clunky, difficult process involving tests and doctors.

So while surviving COVID, like all disease immunities, is far better for immunity than any vaccine, since people can't prove to authorities that they've had it, they want to require the shot. It's all part of the new authoritarianism.

Can't they be tested for antibodies and get a card from their doctor's office? If not, why not??

View attachment 494071
Cool!
So I reiterate. Why do I need the vaccine?

I agree with you, however Circe and Cecilie1200 brought up some good points in this thread as to why the CDC guidelines might be treating previously infected individuals the same as the unvaccinated.
Maybe once they've got more

Hopefully, once they've got more data, they will be able to include those with antibodies as "safe." If that's the case. The CDC isn't going to exempt people because they're guessing it makes them immune. Also, the vaccines are effective against a number of variants, which natural immunity might not be. They're working on it. They won't unnecessarily vaccinate people, but they still don't know.

It would be great if it were life long, like measles and chicken pox. We'll see.

View attachment 494071
Cool!
I never said you did. But you know why they're saying you should.

Maybe once they've got more

Hopefully, once they've got more data, they will be able to include those with antibodies as "safe." If that's the case. The CDC isn't going to exempt people because they're guessing it makes them immune. Also, the vaccines are effective against a number of variants, which natural immunity might not be. They're working on it. They won't unnecessarily vaccinate people, but they still don't know.

It would be great if it were life long, like measles and chicken pox. We'll see.
SO you agree that we don't know and that is fine but to force me to get a vaccine that may not be necessary and could ultimately do more harm than good is crazy to me. They are using my blood to literally help save the lives of COVID patients but I am not immune? Come on man!

View attachment 494071
Cool!
They are saying it because they don't know themselves and this they believe covers their ass.

View attachment 494071
Cool!
They are saying it because they don't know themselves and this they believe covers their ass.
Exactly. That's why they call it a novel virus. They're going to err on the side of caution. Is anyone giving you a hard time about not wearing a mask if you show them your test results? Has it ever gone that far?

And if the reactions to being vaccinated were that bad for you folks, they would have shut it down. Look at how cautious they were about the J&J, as soon as there were a few deaths. They are watching VAERS like a hawk and weighing the risk vs the benefit.

But keep doing what you're doing-- I'm sure a lot of sick people appreciate it!

View attachment 494071
Cool!
Exactly. That's why they call it a novel virus. They're going to err on the side of caution. Is anyone giving you a hard time about not wearing a mask if you show them your test results? Has it ever gone that far?

And if the reactions to being vaccinated were that bad for you folks, they would have shut it down. Look at how cautious they were about the J&J, as soon as there were a few deaths. They are watching VAERS like a hawk and weighing the risk vs the benefit.

People are trying to push me to get the vaccine and in terms of masks its 50/50. I show the results all the time, have been. The Red Cross App is great.

View attachment 494071
Cool!

People are trying to push me to get the vaccine and in terms of masks its 50/50. I show the results all the time, have been. The Red Cross App is great.
Nothing to do with you, but I was all excited the mask for vaccinated people was lifted here Monday. Then, Monday afternoon, standing in line at the store, a nurse from the town beside mine said they had 4 more cases that morning. It's a small town, we all shop in the same places.
I got less excited.

View attachment 494071
Cool!

Nothing to do with you, but I was all excited the mask for vaccinated people was lifted here Monday. Then, Monday afternoon, standing in line at the store, a nurse from the town beside mine said they had 4 more cases that morning. It's a small town, we all shop in the same places.
I got less excited.
Here is my issue, do cases = serious illness? Kids get tested positive here and there but they don't have any symptoms at all. I just don't get it. We need to start living with it. If you're vaccinated why do you or anyone care if cases exist?

It's a great question, and I suspect the answer is much deeper than the government's altruistic wish to save American lives...

- Divert attention from the disastrous Democratic agenda
- Demonstrate that big government can successfully tackle the most insurmountable world problems (all thanks to Trump's Operation Warp Speed, which they will give no credit to.)
- Keeping the populace scared and reliant on government handouts instead of their own self responsibility (immune system, hygiene, healthy living).
- Enriching Big Pharma
- Finding yet another way to push racism and divisiveness (Republicans are less likely to get the shots, POC have less access to life-saving medicines)
- Propelling Socialist concepts - get vaccinated not only for yourself, but for the common good. "It's about protecting everyone."
- Baby steps toward universal "free" health care for all.
- Baby steps toward a government-approved "social credit score" (vaccine passports).

Most of all, they are teaching the population to trust, obey and be compliant to government, even when it makes no sense at all (people who have recovered from COVID should still get vaccinated, school children need to wear masks all day, even when outdoors waiting for a bus or playing sports). The media, the government officials, and even gullible public citizens help to propel their tyranny.

>Just stopp and let peole do what they feel is best for themselves.

Yep. You do you, and I'll do me. It's called freedom, and until recnetly, everyone had an unalienable right to make their own medical decisions without fear of discrimination.

Regards,
Jim

View attachment 494071
Cool!

I got less excited.
I'm half expecting a re-surge. I don't believe masks do anything at all, because the viruses are too small for masks to stop, but people mixing together more normally IS sort of a known-forever way to pass diseases around, involuntarily.

I suppose the fall-back is the horribly named "herd immunity" where enough people have caught it (and got the vaccine without dying of it or catching COVID anyway) that it stops spreading. I am annoyed that all the government cites is the percentage of people VACCINATED while totally neglecting mentioning that anyone who has caught it -- probably a lot of millions by now -- are even better for population immunity. The government wants us to think they are saving us, but it looks to me as though the whole world is just going thru what always happens in epidemics: everybody gets it, then it dies out.

This is the central, crucial reason why vaccination should never be forced.

Well: I admit of one exception --- when there is a good-faith, plausible effort going on to eradicate permanently a disease. They were trying for polio till recently, but the Muslims in the more barbarous places Muslims control won't allow it and they kill the injection techs by the dozens, so they had to give up and it's spreading widely again.

On the other hand, it's only spreading among Muslim barbarians in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and somewhere in Africa, I forget. So that is in a way a case of if they don't want it, why bother to worry about them? Though it is rather hard on the paralyzed children, of course.

If an attempt to eradicate is NOT plausible (measles, malaria, COVID), it's just another effort at leftist government control, control, control.

Uh-oh, I remembered the other exception: when a disease like yellow fever, or leprosy, others, has been eradicated completely in civilized countries, but can be carried back by travellers who are not vaccinated. In that case I suppose they could go into quarantine if they don't want to get vaccinated before they leave for Brazil or wherever the bad diseases are. Yellow fever, carried by mosquitoes, raged up and down the whole Atlantic seaboard for years in the 19th century. We really don't want that back.

Okay, there are some special cases when forced vaccination might be appropriate, but it's obvious COVID is not one of them.

View attachment 494071
Cool!

I got less excited.
I'm half expecting a re-surge. I don't believe masks do anything at all, because the viruses are too small for masks to stop, but people mixing together more normally IS sort of a known-forever way to pass diseases around, involuntarily.

I suppose the fall-back is the horribly named "herd immunity" where enough people have caught it (and got the vaccine without dying of it or catching COVID anyway) that it stops spreading. I am annoyed that all the government cites is the percentage of people VACCINATED while totally neglecting mentioning that anyone who has caught it -- probably a lot of millions by now -- are even better for population immunity. The government wants us to think they are saving us, but it looks to me as though the whole world is just going thru what always happens in epidemics: everybody gets it, then it dies out.
I agree. And if you are vaccinated and or have natural immunity, why do you care about those that don't? They have zero impact on you. They are literally using my blood to help cure those afflicted with the virus, so I feel pretty safe.

It's a twofer:

- It's a way for the Prog-Dem-Totalitarians to intimidate and control people.

- It's a way for politicians and their connected big government cronies to make a ton of money.

The better we become at treating it, the better off we will be. I doubt it just goes away any time soon, but who knows. A lot of those places that were held up as great to make the US (and Trump) look bad last year are still getting pounded this year. Japan is getting hammered right now. Anyway, masks for the vaccinated are no longer mandatory here in VA as of this coming Friday, but I see a lot of people already removing them
In Maryland where I live masks are supposedly not mandated anymore, but a lot of stores won't let you in without them. Stores are the authoritarian enforcers now --- I really resent this. Talk about bad customer service, this is fearing and hating their customers!

I buy pretty much everything online now, and rarely leave the farm.

I think you are really saying that you doubt it will stop on its own (but many, even most, epidemics did stop on their own, sometimes forever, such as the lethal English Sweat, started in 1485 with the Battle of Bosworth Field that put Henry Tudor, Henry VII, on the throne. It was the mercenary soldiers in Henry's army transmitting it, of course. They came from all over.). The fact that it's ricocheting around the world is NOT a good sign, I agree --- I am also worried about that. Japan, India, etc. And that it may surge just because the masks are coming off ---- sure, could happen.

I have hopes for August, because August is often the end of pandemics (Why? Who knows?). But I agree with you ----- anything could happen, including another surge. Including mutations with an independent epidemic. I hope not.

If a store makes you wear a mask you should loudly leave.

There is no reason someone who was vaccinated should wear a mask other than politics, and businesses you patronize don't need to be in your politics.

I have a lot of family in Maryland. They say there's a lot of social pressure to wear masks, but no one is forcing them now. I realize it's not the same everywhere in Maryland
:lol: The federal military commissary was one of the 1st grocery stores I went to last year requiring masks. They still require them.
So? Are they truly needed or just doing what the government tells them to do?

I have her on ignore so I just saw this. But I don't even get what she thought her point was. The military "requires" it at grocery stores? And that proves what? Do they even enforce it? I still see masks are required signs at a lot of stores that no longer enforce it since the CDC came out and said it's stupid to wear a mask after you are vaccinated. Leftists never let a government power of any kind go willingly, of leftists they are resisting losing this one

Listen carefully:

GLOBAL PANDEMIC!!!

In case you haven't noticed.
Here. Clutch these while saying that. It's much more convincing.

lighter
One in one thousand people in the US have died from it.
It’s not even certain that they died from the shot. They died after receiving the shot but no data supports that they died from the shot.

You mean just like Covid?? lol 5% of total 'covid deaths' are actually from covid, the rest are bullshit.

Forum List

Back