Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since God doesn't exist, why do you care?

Because people such as yourself build worldviews upon fear and superstition. Trembling in fear before a supernatural entity can cause a maladjusted personality. If you had your way, creation science and the built in falsehoods, lies and factual errors that are promoted with it would be in public school syllabus.

People believing and placing faith in the almighty won't have to face Trembling fear in the end.

Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains.
Rev 6:16 And they said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him sitting on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;
Rev 6:17 for the great day of His wrath has come, and who will be able to stand?

"The priesthood have, in all ancient nations, nearly monopolized learning.... And, even since the Reformation, when or where has existed a Protestant or dissenting sect who would tolerate A FREE INQUIRY? The blackest billingsgate, the most ungentlemanly insolence, the most yahooish brutality is patiently endured, countenanced, propagated, and applauded. But touch a solemn truth in collision with a dogma of a sect, though capable of the clearest proof, and you will soon find you have disturbed a nest, and the hornets will swarm about your legs and hands, and fly into your face and eyes."
-- John Adams, letter to John Taylor, 1814

"Numberless have been the systems of iniquity The most refined, sublime, extensive, and astonishing constitution of policy that ever was conceived by the mind of man was framed by the Romish clergy for the aggrandizement of their own Order They even persuaded mankind to believe, faithfully and undoubtingly, that God Almighty had entrusted them with the keys of heaven, whose gates they might open and close at pleasure ... with authority to license all sorts of sins and Crimes ... or withholding the rain of heaven and the beams of the sun; with the management of earthquakes, pestilence, and famine; nay, with the mysterious, awful, incomprehensible power of creating out of bread and wine the flesh and blood of God himself. All these opinions they were enabled to spread and rivet among the people by reducing their minds to a state of sordid ignorance and staring timidity, and by infusing into them a religious horror of letters and knowledge. Thus was human nature chained fast for ages in a cruel, shameful, and deplorable servitude....

Of all the nonsense and delusion which had ever passed through the mind of man, none had ever been more extravagant than the notions of absolutions, indelible characters, uninterrupted successions, and the rest of those fantastical ideas, derived from the canon law, which had thrown such a glare of mystery, sanctity, reverence, and right reverend eminence and holiness around the idea of a priest as no mortal could deserve ... the ridiculous fancies of sanctified effluvia from episcopal fingers."
-- John Adams, "A Dissertation on the Canon and the Feudal Law," printed in the Boston Gazette, August 1765

"The Church of Rome has made it an article of faith that no man can be saved out of their church, and all other religious sects approach this dreadful opinion in proportion to their ignorance, and the influence of ignorant or wicked priests."
-- John Adams, Diary and Autobiography

"I have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the earth."

SIX HISTORIC AMERICANS,
by John E. Remsburg, letter to William Short

"Whenever... preachers, instead of a lesson in religion, put [their congregation] off with a discourse on the Copernican system, on chemical affinities, on the construction of government, or the characters or conduct of those administering it, it is a breach of contract, depriving their audience of the kind of service for which they are salaried, and giving them, instead of it, what they did not want, or, if wanted, would rather seek from better sources in that particular art of science."
--Thomas Jefferson to P. H. Wendover, 1815. ME 14:281

"I do not know that it is a duty to disturb by missionaries the religion and peace of other countries, who may think themselves bound to extinguish by fire and fagot the heresies to which we give the name of conversions, and quote our own example for it. Were the Pope, or his holy allies, to send in mission to us some thousands of Jesuit priests to convert us to their orthodoxy, I suspect that we should deem and treat it as a national aggression on our peace and faith."
--Thomas Jefferson to Michael Megear, 1823. ME 15:434

"The clergy, by getting themselves established by law and ingrafted into the machine of government, have been a very formidable engine against the civil and religious rights of man."
--Thomas Jefferson to Jeremiah Moor, 1800.

"I am for freedom of religion, and against all maneuvers to bring about a legal ascendency of one sect over another."
--Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1799. ME 10:78

"The clergy...believe that any portion of power confided to me [as President] will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. But this is all they have to fear from me: and enough, too, in their opinion."
--Thomas Jefferson to Benjamin Rush, 1800. ME 10:173

The bible states several thousand years ago that only the fool say's in his heart there is no God and then a little later in time predicts man would turn to fables.

The bible states many things which are untrue.

Like what ?

Did you know the bible mentions many things that at the time of the writing's men did not possess the ability know these things until modern day technology.

I've never seen a single, verifiable instance.

Because people such as yourself build worldviews upon fear and superstition. Trembling in fear before a supernatural entity can cause a maladjusted personality. If you had your way, creation science and the built in falsehoods, lies and factual errors that are promoted with it would be in public school syllabus.

People believing and placing faith in the almighty won't have to face Trembling fear in the end.

Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains.
Rev 6:16 And they said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him sitting on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;
Rev 6:17 for the great day of His wrath has come, and who will be able to stand?

"The priesthood have, in all ancient nations, nearly monopolized learning.... And, even since the Reformation, when or where has existed a Protestant or dissenting sect who would tolerate A FREE INQUIRY? The blackest billingsgate, the most ungentlemanly insolence, the most yahooish brutality is patiently endured, countenanced, propagated, and applauded. But touch a solemn truth in collision with a dogma of a sect, though capable of the clearest proof, and you will soon find you have disturbed a nest, and the hornets will swarm about your legs and hands, and fly into your face and eyes."

"Numberless have been the systems of iniquity The most refined, sublime, extensive, and astonishing constitution of policy that ever was conceived by the mind of man was framed by the Romish clergy for the aggrandizement of their own Order They even persuaded mankind to believe, faithfully and undoubtingly, that God Almighty had entrusted them with the keys of heaven, whose gates they might open and close at pleasure ... with authority to license all sorts of sins and Crimes ... or withholding the rain of heaven and the beams of the sun; with the management of earthquakes, pestilence, and famine; nay, with the mysterious, awful, incomprehensible power of creating out of bread and wine the flesh and blood of God himself. All these opinions they were enabled to spread and rivet among the people by reducing their minds to a state of sordid ignorance and staring timidity, and by infusing into them a religious horror of letters and knowledge. Thus was human nature chained fast for ages in a cruel, shameful, and deplorable servitude....

Of all the nonsense and delusion which had ever passed through the mind of man, none had ever been more extravagant than the notions of absolutions, indelible characters, uninterrupted successions, and the rest of those fantastical ideas, derived from the canon law, which had thrown such a glare of mystery, sanctity, reverence, and right reverend eminence and holiness around the idea of a priest as no mortal could deserve ... the ridiculous fancies of sanctified effluvia from episcopal fingers."
-- John Adams, "A Dissertation on the Canon and the Feudal Law," printed in the Boston Gazette, August 1765

"The Church of Rome has made it an article of faith that no man can be saved out of their church, and all other religious sects approach this dreadful opinion in proportion to their ignorance, and the influence of ignorant or wicked priests."

"I have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the earth."

SIX HISTORIC AMERICANS,

"Whenever... preachers, instead of a lesson in religion, put [their congregation] off with a discourse on the Copernican system, on chemical affinities, on the construction of government, or the characters or conduct of those administering it, it is a breach of contract, depriving their audience of the kind of service for which they are salaried, and giving them, instead of it, what they did not want, or, if wanted, would rather seek from better sources in that particular art of science."

"I do not know that it is a duty to disturb by missionaries the religion and peace of other countries, who may think themselves bound to extinguish by fire and fagot the heresies to which we give the name of conversions, and quote our own example for it. Were the Pope, or his holy allies, to send in mission to us some thousands of Jesuit priests to convert us to their orthodoxy, I suspect that we should deem and treat it as a national aggression on our peace and faith."

"The clergy, by getting themselves established by law and ingrafted into the machine of government, have been a very formidable engine against the civil and religious rights of man."

"I am for freedom of religion, and against all maneuvers to bring about a legal ascendency of one sect over another."

"The clergy...believe that any portion of power confided to me [as President] will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. But this is all they have to fear from me: and enough, too, in their opinion."

Proverbs 1:7 “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.”

Proverbs 14:8 “The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit.”

Yeah - your gods' creations. That's some sense of humor you have there.

Since God doesn't exist, why do you care?

It used to be in America, and we were better off. You really should pick up a history book sometime for goodness sake.

I wouldn't expect you to recognize the names of these men since you are the obvious product of our dumbed down education system, but there was a time when TRUTH reigned in this very nation you live in.

"In my view, the Christian religion is the most important and one of the first things in which all children, under a free government ought to be instructed...No truth is more evident to my mind than that the Christian religion must be the basis of any government intended to secure the rights and privileges of a free people." Noah Webster.

"Statesmen, my dear Sir, may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is Religion and Morality alone, which can establish the Principles upon which Freedom can securely stand." John Adams

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams

"I have myself, for many years, made it a practice to read through the Bible once ever year.... My custom is, to read four to five chapters every morning immediately after rising from my bed. I employs about an hour of my time...." John Quincy Adams

"Principally, and first of all, I resign my soul to the Almighty Being who gave it, and my body I commit to the dust, relying on the merits of Jesus Christ for the pardon of my sins." Samuel Adams

"I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth--that God Governs the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?

"We have been assured, Sir, in the Sacred Writings, that "except the Lord build the House, they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall become a reproach and bye word down to future ages. And what is worse, mankind may hereafter from this unfortunate instance, despair of establishing Governments by Human wisdom and leave it to chance, war and conquest." Ben Franklin

"I have carefully examined the evidences of the Christian religion, and if I was sitting as a juror upon its authenticity I would unhesitatingly give my verdict in its favor. I can prove its truth as clearly as any proposition ever submitted to the mind of man." Alexander Hamiliton

"In circumstances dark as these, it becomes us, as Men and Christians, to reflect that, whilst every prudent Measure should be taken to ward off the impending Judgements....All confidence must be withheld from the Means we use; and reposed only on that GOD who rules in the Armies of Heaven, and without whose Blessing the best human Counsels are but Foolishness--and all created Power Vanity;" John Hancock

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henry

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that His justice cannot sleep forever." Thomas Jefferson

"The patriot who feels himself in the service of God, who acknowledges Him in all his ways, has the promise of Almighty direction, and will find His Word in his greatest darkness, a lantern to his feet and a lamp unto his paths.' He will therefore seek to establish for his country in the eyes of the world, such a character as shall make her not unworthy of the name of a Christian nation...." Francis Scott Key

"Cursed be all that learning that is contrary to the cross of Christ." James Madison

"The cause of America is in a great measure the cause of all mankind. Where, some say, is the king of America? I'll tell you, friend, He reigns above." Thomas Paine

And one of my absolute favorites!!!

"The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

"...it would be peculiarly improper to omit, in this first official act, my fervent supplications to that Almighty Being who rules over the universe, who presides in the councils of nations and whose providential aids can supply every human defect, that His benediction may consecrate to the liberties and happiness of the people of the United States a Government instituted by themselves for these essential purposes...."
George Washington

"Atheist are the real Terrorists, rotting our nation from within. It was Christianity, and Christianity alone that birthed the greatest nation the earth has ever seen." Ultimatereality 2012

Last edited:
The bible states many things which are untrue.

Like what ?

Did you know the bible mentions many things that at the time of the writing's men did not possess the ability know these things until modern day technology.

At the risk of offending montrovant here is a link.

101 Scientific Facts & Foreknowledge

Eternal Productions - 101 Scientific Facts and Foreknowledge

There you go.

SIX HISTORIC AMERICANS,

I would expect this total lack of understanding of history from you. Let me give you a little history lesson. These men were protestants who fled from England to get out from under the Church of England and the requirement that it was the official religion. So I'm not sure what your point is other than your foolish misunderstanding of history. But just in case you forgot why the Pilgrims came here, why don't you read for yourself ...

Mayflower Compact:

"In the name of God, Amen. We, whose names are underwritten, the Loyal Subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord, King James, by the Grace of God, of England, France and Ireland, King, Defender of the Faith, e&. Having undertaken for the Glory of God, and Advancement of the Christian Faith, and the Honour of our King and Country, a voyage to plant the first colony in the northern parts of Virginia; do by these presents, solemnly and mutually in the Presence of God and one of another, covenant and combine ourselves together into a civil Body Politick, for our better Ordering and Preservation, and Furtherance of the Ends aforesaid; And by Virtue hereof to enact, constitute, and frame, such just and equal Laws, Ordinances, Acts, Constitutions and Offices, from time to time, as shall be thought most meet and convenient for the General good of the Colony; unto which we promise all due submission and obedience."

Excuse me, why did they come to America??? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Like what ?

There you go.

You certainly don't offend me by posting that link! The only thing that bothers me is when you copy/paste the whole thing into the thread. The link is great! :clap2:

It's not the content that I've had issue with in the past, only the size.

Although I do still disagree with many of the conclusions drawn. :tongue:

Here is a link to an excellent and reliable source, the Library of Congress. Here you can educate yourself on the role of Christianity in America, and read how they even held church services in the House of Representatives!!!!

Religion and the Congress of the Confederation - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic | Exhibitions - Library of Congress

Of course the Atheist Historical Revisionists are trying to wipe this history out of America, but I will not be fooled.

For all your attempts at forcing creationist ideology onto the Founders of the Constitution, that document is entirely free of God and Jesus.

The Founders designed a framework of society that was to be built with tolerance for the widest possible expression of points of view as was possible, and of course this evolves with time. And the genius of the U.S. Constitution -- and the most defining proof that it was not meant to be religious in nature is the FF's acknowledgement that secular models are flexible and religions are dogmatic and inflexible. The FF's envisioned a social order or construct that evolves and flexes as it progresses into the future. Religions simply don't function that way.

It has never been denied that men's religious beliefs were part and parcel of the Founding of the country. However, the wording of the Constitution is clearly meant to encompass numerous beliefs. Which is why a deistic term like "Creator" was used and the quite obvious lack of reference to Jesus or Yahweh or god. Do yourself a favor and look through the Constitution for the words "God" or Jesus. You will not find them.

By the way, holding a church service in the House of Representatives!!!!!!!!!! are we to be impressed?

Presidents say the word "god" during state of the union addresses. We call that free speech. Sorry, but even using multiple exclamation points after your comment didn't get the reaction you were hoping for. Try using large, bolded text, instead.

There you go.

You certainly don't offend me by posting that link! The only thing that bothers me is when you copy/paste the whole thing into the thread. The link is great! :clap2:

It's not the content that I've had issue with in the past, only the size.

Although I do still disagree with many of the conclusions drawn. :tongue:

Just thinking of you my friend. :D

"Eternal Productions"?

Does that come with a jingle?

When the site references "science facts", do they acknowledge a waiver / release similar to the ICR such that the "science" they pander cannot contradict the bible?

Well if you would like to take each issue of foreknowledge on I'm ok with that. But are you not in the least bit curious where the information came from with mans knowledge being limited by technology ? If it was just man that wrote and inspired the bible how did they know such things ?

Here is a link to an excellent and reliable source, the Library of Congress. Here you can educate yourself on the role of Christianity in America, and read how they even held church services in the House of Representatives!!!!

Religion and the Congress of the Confederation - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic | Exhibitions - Library of Congress

Of course the Atheist Historical Revisionists are trying to wipe this history out of America, but I will not be fooled.

The Founders designed a framework of society that was to be built with tolerance for the widest possible expression of points of view as was possible

This is the only point you got right, and the one you follow the least.

I noticed your response to the founders quotes was curiously absent. I'm guessing it is because you didn't know who those people were.

Last edited:

The Founders designed a framework of society that was to be built with tolerance for the widest possible expression of points of view as was possible

Not true. You're infuriated that your attempts to force your beliefs on others is a failed exercise. You're infuriated that your subjective and falsified claims are dismissed as just that: falsified. You're infuriated at being taken to task for the biased, invented claims that share a remarkable degree of consistent fraud across creationist websites and ideology.

If you want to undestand intolerance, understand why the Founding Fathers chose to specifically exclude religious admonitions in the Constitution. They were well aware of religious intolerance (Christian religious intolerance) as some of the FF's had fled religious tyranny in England and knew the dangers of religious totalitarianism.

Last edited:

Not true. You're infuriated that your attempts to force your beliefs on others is a failed exercise. You're infuriated that your subjective and falsified claims are dismissed as just that: falsified. You're infuriated at being taken to task for the biased, invented claims that share a remarkable degree of consistent fraud across creationist websites and ideology.

If you want to undestand intolerance, understand why the Founding Fathers chose to specifically exclude religious admonitions in the Constitution. They were well aware of religious intolerance (Christian religious intolerance) as some of the FF's had fled religious tyranny in England and knew the dangers of religious totalitarianism.

So let me get this straight, are you saying I'm infuriated?

In a single word - 400 years ago, you and those like you would be toasting marshallows over the burning embers of someone you had just burned at the stake for blasphemy.

Such is the genius of the U.S. Constitution. Could the FF's have envisioned Christian Science? Or Scientology? Or Mormonism? Yes and no. They knew that religions and even sub-sects of religions propagate and they knew that once in control, religious tenets are biased towards their own doctrines and poorly disposed towards competitive beliefs systems. We don't have to make any assumptions regarding the intent of the FF's -- even if some of them were Christians (and some of 'em were), their intent was clear: the state is disallowed from dictating any and all religious conscience to any free people. Thus, the First Amendment.

In a single word - 400 years ago, you and those like you would be toasting marshallows over the burning embers of someone you had just burned at the stake for blasphemy.

Such is the genius of the U.S. Constitution. Could the FF's have envisioned Christian Science? Or Scientology? Or Mormonism? Yes and no. They knew that religions and even sub-sects of religions propagate and they knew that once in control, religious tenets are biased towards their own doctrines and poorly disposed towards competitive beliefs systems. We don't have to make any assumptions regarding the intent of the FF's -- even if some of them were Christians (and some of 'em were), their intent was clear: the state is disallowed from dictating any and all religious conscience to any free people. Thus, the First Amendment.

The constitution I believe is soon to be replaced. Me being a believer in the scriptures think that we are living close to the end of mans rule. I believe that this country as will all countries will need an administration that will hand over all power and authority to the United Nations.

I felt there is no way Obama could win at this point unless by an act of God. I believe if Obama wins it is for this reason to hand over authority to the United Nations. If this happens our constitution will mean nothing.

We are witnessing a time that will never be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back