Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly, it appears you've driven our little creationist over the edge. She's trying to bury you in 'scripture' (as if we didn't see THAT coming.):D

Youwerecreated has a habit of assaulting people with bible verses when the proselytizing thing is not working. What he doesn't understand is that gods are a lot like the weather...

Every god, with time, is swept away and looked upon as myth.

Where is the worship of Osiris? Of Isis,worshipped for 5,000 years. Where is Zeus, Odin, Jupiter? Where are the Druids, now as silent as Stonehenge, as cold and as silent as the Sphinx.

Dust, all. Antiquities. So it will be with Jehovah, Allah, Jesus, Vishnu.

It’s already happening, and as science makes them less relevant, we see the rise in fundamentalism. Why is Islam so reactionary? Because its adherents sense all around them the growing tide of humanism. Islam defames the U.S. and Russia and other nations as godless because… well, because as time goes on we do grow more godless. And as time goes by, and gods don’t return to this earth, as gods don’t prove salvation, we grow yet further away from fantasy and fiction. And that terrifies the believers. Deep down, they know there is only faith and belief to support the “belief”. As mankind grows in scientific knowledge, those things once ascribed to the gods are taken away, leaving the gods to sit and judge, nothing more, and even of that, only the dead, a state of being no one ever returns from to testify whether or not the claims are true.

Holly, it appears you've driven our little creationist over the edge. She's trying to bury you in 'scripture' (as if we didn't see THAT coming.):D

Youwerecreated has a habit of assaulting people with bible verses when the proselytizing thing is not working. What he doesn't understand is that gods are a lot like the weather...

Where is the worship of Osiris? Of Isis,worshipped for 5,000 years. Where is Zeus, Odin, Jupiter? Where are the Druids, now as silent as Stonehenge, as cold and as silent as the Sphinx.

It’s already happening, and as science makes them less relevant, we see the rise in fundamentalism. Why is Islam so reactionary? Because its adherents sense all around them the growing tide of humanism. Islam defames the U.S. and Russia and other nations as godless because… well, because as time goes on we do grow more godless. And as time goes by, and gods don’t return to this earth, as gods don’t prove salvation, we grow yet further away from fantasy and fiction. And that terrifies the believers. Deep down, they know there is only faith and belief to support the “belief”. As mankind grows in scientific knowledge, those things once ascribed to the gods are taken away, leaving the gods to sit and judge, nothing more, and even of that, only the dead, a state of being no one ever returns from to testify whether or not the claims are true.

I was born with a mind and a curiousity . a knack for thinking things through. I haven't decided what is true and what isn't but I've always had the instinct that if there is a God, And he gave us the ability to question him it must be for a reason. I prefer my way because I'm not bogged down in one mind set and unable to go forward. The day that happens to me and I start blurting out some pre-arrainged catch phrases then I might as well be dead because my ability to question is gone. Once you quit learning it's over. I don't ever want to have that happen to me. I'll take my way. It is far more satisfying.

I often wonder if in a parallel universe Adam and Eve stood up to God and refused to bow down and cring when they ate the apple. And in that universe God might have said 'At last. I found my Children! Children that are worthy of carrying on the human race.

Last edited:
That was a prophecy written long before evolution was a thought.

...and just after the wheel was invented. They also didn't think the earth revolved around the sun, but it does.

Doesn't it? :D

Why do you people stereotype believers so much. You guys are desperate in trying to show believers as ignorant.

Most Christians did not believe the earth was flat.

The bible does not teach the earth was flat nor does it teach everything revolves around the earth.

That's so silly.

What's so silly Hollie that writing was written within the first century of the messiah's death. Darwin and the earliest speakings of evolution was in the 1800's. The first complete bible was published in 1,560 and it was the Geneva Bible.

You and many like you are fulfilling prophecy.

1Jn 2:16 because all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

I feel like mankind is no longer satisfied with fairy tales and we are just trying to slake our thirst for knowlege.

I'm all for filling our thirst for knowledge but knowledge that is based on a vivid imagination.

That's so silly.

What's so silly Hollie that writing was written within the first century of the messiah's death. Darwin and the earliest speakings of evolution was in the 1800's. The first complete bible was published in 1,560 and it was the Geneva Bible.

1Jn 2:16 because all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

I feel like mankind is no longer satisfied with fairy tales and we are just trying to slake our thirst for knowlege.

The fairytales is what some so called science you refer to.

She is a he,it will never happen.

It's funny I point out to you people you were predicted long before you showed up.

Humanity is evolving away from mythologies, that much is clear. Religious beliefs have nowhere near the power and clout they used to, and as science progresses forward, the god of the gaps pleadings get thinner and thinner. Once, the gods opened every flower, now, they're reduced to being bureaucrats. One day, that too will be taken away from them as they are merely myths and always have been. Will it be borne out? Speculatively, everything we've learned so far shows that the theisms are simply poetic perceptions of existence, important for their time, less relevant as we progress and learn the truth about existence. So yes, eventually when we come to the finish line of what is Truth, the natural explanation will reign supreme.

Hmm, what you said was prophetic.

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee in the sight of God, and of Christ Jesus, who shall judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:
2Ti 4:2 preach the word; be urgent in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure the sound doctrine; but, having itching ears, will heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts;
2Ti 4:4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside unto fables.

God is speaking here of you and many like you.
god isn't saying shit about anyone one in perticular..
those passages are ambigious in the extreme
and out of context...

Wrong, God was speaking of you and your friends who share your warped vviews.

That's so silly.

it's silly and stupid
and and unprovable, in the nearly 2000 years since it's first issue none of the miraculous events discribed in it have ever been proven...

Your pride and arrogance and fables were predicted, As one version put it,your foolish stories. Definitely what I posted was a warning from God about you worshipers of Darwin and Naturalism.

Last edited:
btw ywc is a an adult male ...not much of a man.

I challenged you to a personal meeting when I'm in calidfornia and you have yet to respond how we could meet and put your theory to the test.

You talk a good game but not much on delivery. :lol:

You are a coward that would hide behind a PC.

I'm not a Christian that would offer the other cheek but hey none of us are perfect anymore.

Last edited:

I also hit you people with actual science and you can't deal with that either.

I was born with a mind and a curiousity . a knack for thinking things through. I haven't decided what is true and what isn't but I've always had the instinct that if there is a God, And he gave us the ability to question him it must be for a reason. I prefer my way because I'm not bogged down in one mind set and unable to go forward. The day that happens to me and I start blurting out some pre-arrainged catch phrases then I might as well be dead because my ability to question is gone. Once you quit learning it's over. I don't ever want to have that happen to me. I'll take my way. It is far more satisfying.

I often wonder if in a parallel universe Adam and Eve stood up to God and refused to bow down and cring when they ate the apple. And in that universe God might have said 'At last. I found my Children! Children that are worthy of carrying on the human race.

The bible boggs you down ?

What makes you believe in God if you don't trust his words ?

Harun Yahya is not science.

Wow. Great post and I wish you luck on your journey for the truth - wherever it leads.

In previous threads of this nature, it's been countered to me thus: "But isn't it harder to have to account for your sins if there is a god?"

I have an answer to that question.

The only "condemning aspect" of my life is the Christian based idea that as an imperfect being I deserve Hell by default. I'm fairly honest, I work hard, I love my friends and family, etc.-- in short, I'm your average person who lives a quiet life dealing with life's challenges. I cannot imagine rating eternal torment because I don't acquiesce to the Christian- defined slavation program. I ask myself:

"Which is more likely: That there's really this crazy god out there who would actually behave that way, or it's really in the releigion's interest to establish a social dynamic where eternal torment is the outcome for not joining in that religion and btw supporting it financially. What's more likely, man needs a savior for being human, or the Church, an entity of sweeping power for more than a thousand years, needs to convince me I need them and only them?"

I think the answer is really obvious and simple. If such a thing is the reality (and of course there's no evidence for such) then I'll have to "account for my actions". But my worst "crime" in this realm is being imperfect and not believing that which I find is not supported. I can do nothing about such a god who would condemn me for such a trivial issue, nor can I do anything about the fact (my term) that after death it's nothing but a dreamless sleep. Both are equally depressing, hopeless, and bleak, and there's a marginal difference between condemning most people who ever existed to an eternity of despair versus everyone being condemned to an eternity of nothingness. It's hopeless because if such a god exists, there is no sense in morality, no true justice, and basically we are nothing but minions created to worship an infinite Ego or be consigned to everlasting torment.

The bible boggs you down ?

What makes you believe in God if you don't trust his words ?
What you can't trust is that those words were spoken by a god. It's total hearsay.

Harun Yahya is not science.

Why do you keep bringing this site up ? That must be the site that UR said you got banned from,are you still bitter with them ? Where do creationist get their arguments from ? Where do evolutionist get their arguments from ? Hollie the sites you copy and paste where did that info come from ? Hollie some of my arguments are from observations and things that I actually saw and educated myself on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back